The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

student job on a student permit

would it be taxed?

Tenwang
post 10.Apr.2017, 08:31 PM
Post #1

Okay I've been admitted to a 2 years master. Instead of looking for some hard to find student job in Sweden, I was thinking working online. But then things seem to become murky because i've no idea whether i'll need to declare the meagre salary it will give me to the tax office... and if that's the case whether it could be okay just not to declare it and keep the money coming into my home bank account. Any suggestion?
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 11.Apr.2017, 07:41 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Tenwang @ 10.Apr.2017, 08:31 PM) *
Okay I've been admitted to a 2 years master. Instead of looking for some hard to find student job in Sweden, I was thinking working online. But then things seem to become ... (show full quote)

Yes, you will get taxed; there is an exception for earning a small amount from a "hobby", but most things wouldn't/don't qualify (specifically, if you are doing an activity with the aim of making money, then it isn't a hobby!).

If you are getting paid by a registered Swedish employer then you won't have a choice. But you can apply for a certificate to pay no witholding if you're going to earn less than the basic threshold. And even if you do pay tax, you'd get a rebate the following year.

If your money is coming from abroad...then it is up to your conscience and the pragmatics of whether anyone will find out...
+
Tenwang
post 11.Apr.2017, 03:49 PM
Post #3

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer and give me great pointers! I really appreciate your help smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: