The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8   Reply to this topic

TV Fee in Sweden

Not sure what it is called

Rick Methven
post 10.Jun.2010, 04:10 PM
Post #106

I would seem that the majority of people who are against paying the licence fee are expats who in reality never watch SVT because their level of Swedish is too poor and SVT has fewer English language programs than the commercial stations.

With the world cup being shown on SVT and TV4 are those who NEVER watch SVT going to miss a match they would like to see just because it is on that crap SVT laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
jack sprat
post 10.Jun.2010, 04:52 PM
Post #107

So in a last desperate attempt to justify the licence system Rick, are you now saying that ppl.should pay licence fees in order to view something that is Free to Air by numerous broadcasting systems on a Worldwide basis?
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 10.Jun.2010, 05:26 PM
Post #108

QUOTE (Mirrorman @ 10.Jun.2010, 03:49 PM) *
renfreh, and who do you think you are calling me an arrogant prick.

I call a spade a spade.

I have looked through all of your posts again and my judgement stands.
+
post 10.Jun.2010, 11:37 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (Mirrorman @ 10.Jun.2010, 03:49 PM) *
renfreh, and who do you think you are calling me an arrogant prick. if someone you dont know, discusses something here, it doesnt make them a troll. Are you god on this site o ... (show full quote)

why do you prefer to discuss the poster (and cast personal insults) than discuss the topic?

QUOTE (markusd @ 10.Jun.2010, 04:42 PM) *
So why are you willing to give non-owners a free ride? Isn't charging the fee to people who have a TV but who don't want Swedish TV (and don't watch it) morally eq ... (show full quote)

nicely put
+
Beavis
post 11.Jun.2010, 12:35 AM
Post #110

If you are to apply the same logic.. I think its high time bicycle owners paid their fair share. They use the road, just like cars and motorbikes but they don’t pay road tax. Its unfair that they are not paying road tax..and as for pedestrains.pffff, wheres their road tax certificates? If they are not going to pay they shouldnt be allowed to use!
And mirrorman seen as your working for radiosdat/SVT why dont you question instead why the SVT managent team are getting such high salaires for doing an incredebly poor job?
+
Mirrorman
post 11.Jun.2010, 08:32 AM
Post #111

007 "why do you prefer to discuss the poster (and cast personal insults) than discuss the topic?"

if you were not so smug then you would see i only retort to insults not start them. but i see you do not ask renfreh why he uses insults. comfy site for those that stick together isnt it?
+
cogito
post 11.Jun.2010, 08:39 AM
Post #112

btw, those who find the poor choice of music, news and slant of Swedish state radio inadequate might try a Web Radio. It looks like a little old-fashioned radio and accesses 18,000 stations--news, information and music from everywhere in the world from Afghanistan to Zambia. Lots of quality American music stations (jazz, rock and classical), news, France-culture...it's all there.

Cost was about 1,300 sek.

http://www.argonaudio.com/sound/i-net/argon_inet_1.htm

There are several new brands.
+
post 11.Jun.2010, 09:09 AM
Post #113

QUOTE (Mirrorman @ 11.Jun.2010, 09:32 AM) *
if you were not so smug then you would see i only retort to insults not start them.

i've insulted you? please indicate what i've said which has insulted you.
+
Rick Methven
post 11.Jun.2010, 10:33 AM
Post #114

It must be because you are still breathing blink.gif
+
byke
post 11.Jun.2010, 10:37 AM
Post #115

I still cannot see the justification of so many state supported channels. And with the latest estimates that Sweden is close to 20% populated by non Swedes it clearly doesn't serve the interest of the people.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 11.Jun.2010, 01:16 PM
Post #116

QUOTE (Mirrorman @ 11.Jun.2010, 09:32 AM) *
007 "why do you prefer to discuss the poster (and cast personal insults) than discuss the topic?"if you were not so smug then you would see i only retort to insults ... (show full quote)

I called you an arrogant prick because in almost every post you have made in this and other threads you have acted like an arrogant prick. Maybe others might not call you an arrogant prick, bu if they took the trouble to check all of your posts, some might quietly agree with me that you are and arrogant prick whilst others might form a different oppinon which may or may not be complementary to you.

I just called it as I saw it.

You on the other hand choose to retort based on my forum name and my profile photo, which is a rather pointless response, but then again that about sums up your contribution to the forum so far.
+
umers
post 20.Jan.2016, 07:28 PM
Post #117

I just bought a new smart TV but i haven't subscribed to any channels subscription, i just use the TV to play games with my playstation
Am i also required the the TV license fee of 2200 kr / year ???

It seems a little too much to pay just to play playstation on my TV and not watch any TV channels :/
+

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: