The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Tea for Dee

My new addiction is a healthy one, I think

DidiE
post 15.Sep.2009, 12:24 PM
Post #16

Would that be a red squirrel brew, in which case it's on the endangered list, or the grey ones currently infesting your beautiful Isle?

Dodi dearest, I cannot join you as a full fledged member, but you and I should surely think of an alliterative association which only D people can join. The Delightful, devious, daring, and umm (all I could think of is dork at this second, which I'm only mentioning as a preemptive strike on Plowbridge) (wait for it...wait for it...) Devine, yeah that's it, Club.
Go to the top of the page
+
Jamtjim
post 15.Sep.2009, 12:38 PM
Post #17

Would that be a red squirrel brew, in which case it's on the endangered list, or the grey ones currently infesting your beautiful Isle?

As it happens, Red Squirrel makes a slightly better cuppa and as luck would have it is the only kind we have up here in Norrland. They also lend a lovely redish tint to the brew which is esthetically more pleasing. Gray Squirrels have the advantage of being slightly bigger and so you can get more cups per carcass. They are however a bit more street savy and as such harder to hit with your Land Rover.
+
OMaHTLD
post 15.Sep.2009, 01:06 PM
Post #18

As opposed to rabbits which I can run over with my motorbike...
+
DidiE
post 15.Sep.2009, 01:31 PM
Post #19

Or frogs, which are readily accessible outside my window and require no engine power whatsoever. Thus, I win the most ecologically friendly dead animal brew of the week award.
+
Dodie
post 15.Sep.2009, 01:40 PM
Post #20

Well I ran over a pigeon on my way to work this morning (the first time I have ever hit an animal), you are more than welcome to make a brew from that, I think there is still some on my front bumper.

Hmmmmm, does this make me Deadly? maybe add that to the list eh DidiE?
+
balbright
post 15.Sep.2009, 02:04 PM
Post #21

mmmmmm...yerba mate. That stuff gets you going. and going. and going. Not for those who don't like tannins, but if you part from tradition and use tea bags its much more tolerable. Added cool points for having a baggie of green leafy substance in your desk drawer.
+
Kalyissa
post 15.Sep.2009, 02:27 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (futureishere @ 14.Sep.2009, 10:39 PM) *
sugar, water and milk??? Yoohoo! One more of my kind!

Glad to see there are more of us!

Only time I drink icky fruit tea is when im sick with the flu and then its lemon tea with half a ton of honey in it. Really dislike flavoured tea. I like my PG tips! Brought some earl grey the other week and really can't seem to get used to the taste.
+
DidiE
post 15.Sep.2009, 02:32 PM
Post #23

Since I started this thread, I say it's okay to intersperse dead animal stories along with tea advice. We hit a badger three weeks ago, and it was ghastly. My husband carries around a shovel in his trunk to deal with such things- is this a common Swedish habit to do dead animal removal duty, or is it more to do with Mr Didi's driving, I wonder.
+
smokin joe
post 15.Sep.2009, 04:40 PM
Post #24

just polished off me 10th cuppa pg-tips for the day blink.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: