The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Socials Cut My October-money!

I was away for a few days from SFI!

Frii
post 4.Oct.2013, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Oh my God... They can't DO this? I'm not sure has this happened to people, and has it worked if they complained, but this is absolutely non-acceptable! I come from Finland and it's ILLEGAL to cut their funding like that! And I live in Timrå, near Sundsvall.

Has this happened to anyone before? How did you manage?
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 4.Oct.2013, 02:51 PM
Post #2

I'm just pleased to hear the system works and it isn't quite money for nothing.
+
Svensksmith
post 4.Oct.2013, 04:22 PM
Post #3

I never got any social money so I don't know.
+
Case officer
post 4.Oct.2013, 05:03 PM
Post #4

If you don't go to school you have time to work at McDonalds.
+
Frii
post 4.Oct.2013, 07:09 PM
Post #5

I'd even work at McDonalds if I could. I just can't speak fluent Swedish for now. Nobody likes living off of the goverment but at times, they have no choice.
+
skogsbo
post 4.Oct.2013, 08:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Frii @ 4.Oct.2013, 07:09 PM) *
Nobody likes living off of the goverment but at times, they have no choice.

there is always a choice, I've only done SFI for two 3mth spells, because there was work that I just had to do and b. being an EU migrant etc. I don't get a penny sitting in SFI, I only get money when I work. SFI was a drain on my finances, not earning but driving 80km a day wasn't cheap or ideal, I could only dream of being paid to sit on my butt, but I prefer to work and earn.

The choice, is saving or earning enough, to be self sufficient, or in your course, just turn up and get a tick in the box, your benefits will roll in. Most people aren't a fortunate as you, so don't waste it.
+
Affonso
post 5.Oct.2013, 06:15 AM
Post #7

Relax OP, looking for jobs in a country like Sweden is a complete waste of time, even if you learn swedish.

Better to go to SFI , get free money and spend a few years partying and relaxing with all the other thousands who never complete it before it is time to get serious.

The statistics show that it takes at least 7 years before immigrants start getting jobs anyway.
+
StephenR
post 5.Oct.2013, 07:04 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Frii @ 4.Oct.2013, 03:45 PM) *
Oh my God... They can't DO this? I'm not sure has this happened to people, and has it worked if they complained, but this is absolutely non-acceptable! I come from ... (show full quote)

Perfectly legal to do so. You haven't mentiones what exactly you're getting but as a new immigrant, any money you're entitled to from FK will more than likely be contingent on the studying / training / looking for work. If you're not doing one of those things, FK will cut your money.
+
Opalnera
post 5.Oct.2013, 05:09 PM
Post #9

You won't get much sympathy here if you're getting money to go to SFI, since most of us had to work, but yeah what StephenR said is accurate.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: