The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

License outside EU

1 year permission

post 8.Oct.2014, 03:42 PM
Post #1
Joined: 2.Sep.2013

Hi everyone
As i read here on the forum that as a new comer i can drive on my license frm back home for 1 year , how do i get the permission ? Where to go ? Do i need to register it ?

Go to the top of the page
Rick Methven
post 8.Oct.2014, 07:07 PM
Post #2
Location: Linköping
Joined: 30.Nov.2005

If you are an EU citizen then you can drive on your nationasl licence until it expires and renew it in the EU country that you reside in when it needs renewing. Although most EU citizens find exchanging their national licence for a Swedish licence has the added benefit as acceptable ID.

If you are not an EU citizen, you can drive on that licence without informing any authority for one year from the date you are registered as a Swedish resident. After that period you must have passed a Swedish test and got a Swedish licence. Do not be tempted to carry on after the 12 months as with spot checks by police without any specific reason, the chance of being caught is better than 50%.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: