The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Quick question fibre connections in Stockholm

Internet connections

caldrin
post 5.Sep.2013, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Hey all new here...

I have a friend in stockholm that is having some isues with her internet, she called her ISP but they said if they come out and there are no issues she will be charged 650kr.

I live in the UK so not 100% sure how the internet connections work there so thought I would post up here to see if anyone could advise..

She said she brought the router herself and it was not provided by the ISP. I just wanted to know how the fibre connections coming into stockholm flats work, are they just provided as a CAT5 socket in the flats that you can literally just plug anything into pick up a connection. So if needed can you plug a computer direct into it to test? Or are they like the UK connections where you need a special type of router I.E. a cable modem router or ADSL router?

Just want to see if we can take the router out of the equation smile.gif

Not sure if that makes too much sense but there we go haha. Also dont know the exact details of her connection provider at the moment sorry smile.gif

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
joe5451
post 5.Sep.2013, 09:32 AM
Post #2

If it is truly fibre, then yes you can just plug in a cat5/ethernet cable and test it that way but ADSL does exist here too.
+
caldrin
post 5.Sep.2013, 09:39 AM
Post #3

She did say it was fibre.. will double check with her..

Thanks for that at least if it is like that then plugging the laptop into that proves its an issue with the connection and not the router as 3 other devices dont work either.

I wish we had those kind of connections here in the UK as well.. we are so far behind when it comes to internet connectivity..
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: