The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »    Reply to this topic

SI + University Scholarships 2017 - Sweden MS

Scholarship news and results

Aly
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:08 PM
Post #106

QUOTE (thaole @ 3.Apr.2017, 11:05 PM) *
Aly, I'm sorry to hear that. Sending you wishes and supports from Vietnam!! I do hope you can get the Visby scholarship but do know that you are simply awesome eve ... (show full quote)

Thanks, Thao, very very much smile.gif I do believe we are all pretty awesome here - never seen such a concentration of so motivated and kind people in one place. I hope we will all make it!
Go to the top of the page
+
thaole
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:13 PM
Post #107

I keep reading my SI motivation letter everyday too guys. One day I feel like I'm totally okay, that it is not that bad. The next day is the whole different story. I feel like my motivation letter is not strong enough, without knowing what they are expecting. Also, in the CV, they expected us to put our website but I did not have it. Did you guys put your website in the CV or you just delete that line?
+
Aly
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:16 PM
Post #108

QUOTE (Davit @ 3.Apr.2017, 10:48 PM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910461So you think they'll start emailing on Friday and post the list on Monday?Actaully they say they'll post t ... (show full quote)

Where did you see that? On the SI web, they are very vague about the date when they will email the successful candidates.

I saw the emailing thing in the Visby group in Vkontakte. It's not helpful because people are not very sharing. But I read it down to the last year posts, and it was clearly stated that they emailed the successful ones a few days before the results were posted on the web.
+
Aly
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:18 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (thaole @ 3.Apr.2017, 11:13 PM) *
I keep reading my SI motivation letter everyday too guys. One day I feel like I'm totally okay, that it is not that bad. The next day is the whole different story. I feel ... (show full quote)

I'm sure the web is very optional - I don't have it either. And it was fine to delete some headings in general.
+
thaole
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:25 PM
Post #110

QUOTE (Aly @ 4.Apr.2017, 04:18 AM) *
I'm sure the web is very optional - I don't have it either. And it was fine to delete some headings in general.

Oh no, I accidentally put my professional social media link into my CV, as in it has all the evidence of what I'm doing, what I stated in my CV and all that. I stopped using LinkedIn a long time ago that's why but conceivably, LinkedIn seems to be the most professional out there, besides our personal website.
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:46 PM
Post #111

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910467

They state they'll post it on 10th and start emailing from 10th to 13th, right?
Anyways if they did it last year maybe they'll inform a couple of days earlier this year as well. We'll see.
One thing's clear: if you get an email, you got it. I mean maybe I'm about going crazy but I keep visualizing the moment I sign in and see an email from SI and even without reading I know I've got it coz they won't even inform unlucky ones.Yep folks, you may think I'm out of my mind but that's what I've been doing since March 24... ohmy.gif
+
Davit
post 3.Apr.2017, 10:51 PM
Post #112

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910469

Don't worry about it! It'w really very optional. If you have it OK but it's not a mandatory. I mean it's quite normal not having a website.
As for me, I've made a mistake in my motivation, a mistype, I've typed seconomic instead of economic and overall my motivation letter is pretty weak I think unlike my reference letter.
+
Hi5
post 3.Apr.2017, 11:45 PM
Post #113

Hey everyone.

I got admitted for my first choice- Chalmers - and would like to know if anyone here have already received any news regarding their scholarship results.

Thanks
+
Lo Jobair
post 4.Apr.2017, 03:54 AM
Post #114

Emmmm...
It is a worst experience with Orebro University. Before Conditionally Qualified admission office replied instantly and now almost stop the replying or replied with diplomatically ie. especially when I asked reading Scholarship announcement.
Website said it would be announced 1st week of April and a replied with email mentioned it would be 12th April. Hmmmm...
No update has sent by the university as Umea did... Nothing to do except intake deep breath ... .
Does anyone know anything regarding such mysterious university????
+
Aly
post 4.Apr.2017, 06:26 AM
Post #115

QUOTE (thaole @ 3.Apr.2017, 11:25 PM) *
Oh no, I accidentally put my professional social media link into my CV, as in it has all the evidence of what I'm doing, what I stated in my CV and all that. I stopped usi ... (show full quote)

In this case, Linkedin is a plus - like an additional version of your CV. Seriously, I think it's fine, and you are overthinking it smile.gif

QUOTE (Davit @ 3.Apr.2017, 11:46 PM) *
They state they'll post it on 10th and start emailing from 10th to 13th, right?Anyways if they did it last year maybe they'll inform a couple of days earlier this year ... (show full quote)

No, no, no, they say they will send an official letter of the scholarship offer after the 10th. The one you will need for a visa. I'm talking about the simple, 'Congrats, you got it' letter, which I think will be emailed this Friday. Funny, but I also visualize it from time to time. But I try to restrain myself from doing it because I usually don't get what I want if I set my heart to much on it. Yeah, I'm superstitious biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Davit @ 3.Apr.2017, 11:51 PM) *
As for me, I've made a mistake in my motivation, a mistype, I've typed seconomic instead of economic and overall my motivation letter is pretty weak I think unlike my reference letter.

One typo won't ruin the entire application package. And nobody, me included, can know what kind of motivation letter will impress Visby people. At this stage, I have absolutely no clue what are my, or anybody else's, chances. We should try to keep it together a bit more and stay strong.
+
RRR
post 4.Apr.2017, 06:43 AM
Post #116

QUOTE (Gvantsa @ 3.Apr.2017, 10:23 PM) *
Every day my feelings are changing Sometimes I feel that my app is really cool and I will definitely get visby and on the other day, I just think that my qualifications and a ... (show full quote)

I thought its only me reading then rereading ML reference every single day:) then strugling not even daily but hourly with changing feelings biggrin.gif i am tried of crossing my finger hair i dont know whatever is possible to cross:))) i am afraid that i may lose my mind before April 10)))

Guys regarding the email now i am even more worried. I am checking now my email non stop((i want this nightmare to end))))
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 07:16 AM
Post #117

QUOTE (Davit @ 4.Apr.2017, 04:51 AM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910469Don't worry about it! It'w really very optional. If you have it OK but it's not a mandatory. I mea ... (show full quote)

Thanks, Davit. And I hope that you can worry less about that (because it is obvious that we all are not able to stop worrying now biggrin.gif) From what you've shared so far, it seems that you've worked very hard yourself and you're such an intelligent person so I don't think your motivation letter is weak. You're probably overthinking it, just like I am about the personal website. Btw, "seconomics" is a project in Europe "with the goal of synthesizing sociological, economic and security science into a usable, concrete, actionable knowledge for policy makers and social planners responsible for citizen's security" if you wanna know. Who knows it may mean something to them haha tongue.gif

QUOTE (Aly @ 4.Apr.2017, 12:26 PM) *
In this case, Linkedin is a plus - like an additional version of your CV. Seriously, I think it's fine, and you are overthinking it smile.gif

Thanks Aly, the only problem is that I didn't put LinkedIn account, I put a simple social media platform and now I feel so silly but I guess there's no point talking about it because I can't change anything now. But it does feel good to let it out. Thanks, Aly <3
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 07:24 AM
Post #118

QUOTE (RRR @ 4.Apr.2017, 12:43 PM) *
I thought its only me reading then rereading ML reference every single day:) then strugling not even daily but hourly with changing feelings i am tried of crossing my finger ... (show full quote)

Stay strong, RRR. Maybe take your mind off things by watching or reading something light? I've been reading and researching about SI too and worrying about my motivation letter at night. I had to take my mind off by watching this tv series Dr.Ken. It's so cheesy but it does help during this time of need huh.gif. You have my supports all the way from Vietnam! Cheers!
+
RRR
post 4.Apr.2017, 09:52 AM
Post #119

QUOTE (thaole @ 4.Apr.2017, 10:24 AM) *
Stay strong, RRR. Maybe take your mind off things by watching or reading something light? I've been reading and researching about SI too and worrying about my motivation l ... (show full quote)

Dear thaole, Thank you so much for your support smile.gif
Actually I am working and lucky I am these days I have a lot to do at work.
However, I cannot stop thinking about the scholarship(((
Thank you again for your support.
+
Gvantsa
post 4.Apr.2017, 10:00 AM
Post #120

Guys )) I will tell you my situation and you will realize that you are in very good position. I am not waiting only my results, but also my boyfriend's visby results) Therefore, if one of us gets the scholarship or none of us it will both be a disaster biggrin.gif Our order is two scholarships, let's see what happens biggrin.gif Hope they won't break family hahaa
+

29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: