The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Driver's license test

Recent test takers

nickoledlaird
post 4.Jun.2013, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Hej!
Anyone taken the theory test for driver's license recently and have some pointers? From what I have read here signs and weights for trailers are pretty useful to know but anything else specifically? To be honest I am a bit afraid to even mention I am American after reading how they much they bash American driving system. I get enough American bashing, I'm not interested in receiving more while I take an exam. Maybe I can say I am Canadian and they will never know the difference. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
post 4.Jun.2013, 08:31 AM
Post #2

also american with no inferiority complex and need to bash wink.gif

i took the tests over 5 years ago but while there have been additional hoops to jump through, i am pretty sure the written theory test is about the same.

i bought a package of on-line practices tests to use as a method to study. i took them one by one and reviewed the questions i got wrong (the answers gave me the page number in the driving book,) often reading up more about other related topics (on the same/facing/nearby pages that had now become more tangible.) i only moved on to the next test when I could take previous one with a perfect score.

i ran out of time to complete all tests before my real test 'failing' the practice final test the morning of the real deal. since it was paid, i went figuring it was just another practice test. i fully expected to fail. it was great to be so relaxed (resigned to failure). and i think the practice final test was designed to fool me into buying more practice tests since i only got 3 wrong and passed with flying colors.
+
wabasha
post 4.Jun.2013, 11:13 AM
Post #3

american bashing? is it possible your asking for it somehow? how often when you begin speaking do you say "in the states we do it this way"? sorry, just saying..

I read the book cover to cover two times, took the test two times, passed. I was going for least effort over cost. I didn't buy any study tests either. but you really have to read every page of that book. they don't just print the important stuff in large font. I did pay for one 40 minute driving with a teacher. It was useful to to understand how they would direct me during the test. and that strange way of doing a U-turn! good luck!
+
chazza
post 4.Jun.2013, 12:11 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (nickoledlaird @ 4.Jun.2013, 07:18 AM) *
Hej!Anyone taken the theory test for driver's license recently and have some pointers? From what I have read here signs and weights for trailers are pretty useful to k ... (show full quote)

Well you sit in front of a computer and answer the questions in a room full of others with an invigilator who probably doesn't know what nationality you are and could care less. He/she has nothing to do with marking your test or critiquing your american ways as it's all done by computer which gives you your score at the end and whether its a pass or a fail.

The computer will not "American bash" you. rolleyes.gif You will bash yourself when you get it wrong however so LEARN it well and do heaps of practice tests as there are no short cuts and you never know which questions you'll get. I had to do the test multiple times so I know.
+
nickoledlaird
post 5.Jun.2013, 06:21 AM
Post #5

Thanks!
+
chazza
post 5.Jun.2013, 10:04 AM
Post #6

no worries. good luck !
+
dott
post 5.Jun.2013, 10:15 AM
Post #7

http://www.korkortsportalen.se/jag-ska-ta-...rprov/--Fordon/

I just don't get it. If i have a car with automatic transmission. Can I use it for drivers license test without equipping extra pedals for a passenger?
+
Willy
post 5.Jun.2013, 10:49 AM
Post #8

Very bad idea to do your test in a car with automatic transmission, since then your license will NOT be valid for driving cars with manual transmission, making it useless for (gussing) 90% of all cars in Europe.

If you mean this section

* Undantag
Om du har körkort med behörighet B som, utan medicinska skäl, är begränsat att gälla enbart automatväxlade fordon och du genom körprov ska upphäva denna begränsning behöver bilen inte vara utrustad med dubbelkommando för färdbromsen och extra invändig backspegel. Du behöver inte ansöka om detta undantag.

it says that if you are re-taking the test to remove the automatic-only provision from a license that you already have, then (and only then) you are exempt from the extra pedals requirement.
+
dott
post 5.Jun.2013, 12:30 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Willy @ 5.Jun.2013, 09:49 AM) *
Very bad idea to do your test in a car with automatic transmission, since then your license will NOT be valid for driving cars with manual transmission, making it useless for ... (show full quote)

Thanks!
Yep. That impresses me, that Europe sticked to switch. Even in Russia, where i came from, 60% of new cars are sold with automat nowadays.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: