The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Things to do in Malmö when you're something

Thread Killer
post 27.Oct.2005, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Can anyone help me? All posts will be considered.
My Swedish friends have decided to celebrate a 30th birthday fest for a pretty decent swede geezer, designated to take place in Malmö. What can be done in Malmö? In the middle of December, before 17.00 on a Saturday?
There has to be more on offer than Bowling when one of the good guys turns thirty! Please help!!
P.S we're shooting from Kristianstad. Please forgive this shameless "Stad" namedropping, All dogs abuse welcome!
Cheers. :wink:
Go to the top of the page
+
*David OL*
post 27.Oct.2005, 11:07 AM
Post #2

James. A few pints in Banken in K'stad (if they have re-opened after the fire). Used to live there for a while and get back to visit every month or two. Always a good start!

Why don't you just jump on the kustpilen train and give Malmö the slip for Copenhagen instead? Better boozers, etc...
+
Thread Killer
post 27.Oct.2005, 11:48 AM
Post #3

Copenhagen was plan A, and I still think that's the best idea, but this has been pushed down to the more subdued Malmö option as someone's girlfriend took a strong aversion to the thought of extra money being spent. She may have a point, but it seems like party pooping to me.
Banken has partially reopened after the mysterious fire, there's talk of gangsters having a hand in that one, but having a couple of pints before going anywhere sounds like a great idea.
cheers!
+
*David OL*
post 27.Oct.2005, 12:54 PM
Post #4

James. There's also the laser shoot-em-up in K'stad in a big barn a few hundred metres behinf the Church. Good fun too before a few jars.

I heard about the bandito's torching Banken (just like they did to the other pub in Kalmar). Never had any good pints in Malmö - we always kept going through to Denmark. Costs a bit extra, but woth it.

Might catch ya next time I'm down - the missus' family lives in K'stad, so we're there all the time!
+
*Nigel E.j. Griffiths*
post 27.Oct.2005, 01:04 PM
Post #5

I can't believe you guys are a stones throw away from where I live, K-stad is next door so to speak. The problem with K-stad, the police keep turning me away, stating I'm trouble with a capital T. But I have got around that. by dressing my Arab gear and that beat those wallies. In Malmo, no one gives me a second glance, as there are now more of them than us.

:twisted:
+
Thread Killer
post 27.Oct.2005, 09:05 PM
Post #6

David I've not been to the laser place yet, but it's only a matter of time, it's inevitable! going for a pint the next time your in town sounds great, you can get a hold of me through the place where I work, Restaurang Artilleristen. Just leave them a phone no. It's not the kind of dream job in the city I had in mind when I moved here a year ago, but beggers can't be choosers, (and it really keeps me motivated with the SFI course!) Unless you have a better means of contact.
Nigel, I'm saddened to hear about your problems with the local fuzz, but is dressing in expensive designer gear really the solution? The trainers alone must be costing you a fortune. biggrin.gif
+
*Nigel E.j. Griffiths*
post 28.Oct.2005, 01:17 PM
Post #7

Good one James, but not that Arab gear, the puka stuff robes and all.

:twisted:
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: