The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >   Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

skogsbo
post 14.Feb.2019, 03:07 PM
Post #496

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 14.Feb.2019, 12:21 PM) *
Skogsbo, it actually does have biometric data. It has a chip with my finger prints and info on it. I had to travel to Borlänge or whatever that city is called to have my fing ... (show full quote)

I stand corrected. Must be because it's missing the personal number.

A Swedish driving licence counts as ID for travel between the 3 scandic nations, but not beyond. So I guess there are many quirks.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Feb.2019, 07:53 PM
Post #497

"A passport is THE international form of ID"

No shit Sherlock, what was your first clue?

What you fail to realise, that this is not so in Sweden, at the practical level.

I do not hold an EU passport either, but that shouldn't matter. A passport is a passport is a passport.

The only way I could pick up parcels, was to "pay" to get a useless Swedish ID card. I do hold an EU driver license as well, and that was ALSO not accepted.

You can argue it all you like, you too Skoogsies, but that was my experience, for 6 years, in the Greasy Meatball.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 14.Feb.2019, 09:23 PM
Post #498

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 14.Feb.2019, 07:53 PM) *
"A passport is THE international form of ID"No shit Sherlock, what was your first clue?What you fail to realise, that this is not so in Sweden, at the practical leve ... (show full quote)

What you fail to realize is your experience, even while believing you, does not speak to the fact that you can get mail with your passport, I’m sure there are some countries whose passports may not be accepted but your Canadian one would.

You were probably picking up your mail at a postal kiosk rather than a post office with post nord workers who know the rules... which is you can use your passport.

They could also tell you are an asshole, I’m sure, so they were intentionally giving you a hard time.

Way to argue your way to success! Hahahahaha, for 6 years... hahahaha
+
skogsbo
post 14.Feb.2019, 09:23 PM
Post #499

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 14.Feb.2019, 06:53 PM) *
"A passport is THE international form of ID"No shit Sherlock, what was your first clue?What you fail to realise, that this is not so in Sweden, at the practical leve ... (show full quote)

You held a passport that was not issued according to eu standards. That's a Brussels not a Swedish problem.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 14.Feb.2019, 09:38 PM
Post #500

https://www.postnord.se/en/receiving/collec...-identification

No more “arguing” for poor Gjeebes.

Or do I fail to realize
+
cootje1976
post 15.Feb.2019, 08:32 AM
Post #501

Correct I was able, before converting my dutch drivers licence to Swedish card, to be able to pick parcels up with a valid Passport or EU Identity card. Never, ever had a problem with that with any of the postal providers here.

And that being said, I live in a 'Hole' between Uppsala and Hallstavik, so if it works here it works anywhere in Sweden...
+
bonviveur
post 15.Feb.2019, 09:31 AM
Post #502

back in a day when I used my EU passport or identity card to collect parcels, I was able do that, but workers behind a counter had difficult time each time deciding what to do with my ID and how to input it in to computer to release parcel to me, it shows how uneducated and narrow minded many swedish people are, as soon as little difficulty comes up at their work most of the time they get stuck and do not now what to do
+
skogsbo
post 15.Feb.2019, 01:03 PM
Post #503

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 15.Feb.2019, 08:31 AM) *
back in a day when I used my EU passport or identity card to collect parcels, I was able do that, but workers behind a counter had difficult time each time deciding what to do ... (show full quote)

Or the fact the computer programme only accepts an a 10 or 12 digit personal number and they aren't able to reprogramme postnords IT system whilst working a night shift in stat oil.

Think how often you can go on a website and a page keeps rejecting postcode, date of birth etc.. without or with space... 4 digit year or 2. Many of these web templates are dire.
+
bonviveur
post 15.Feb.2019, 01:32 PM
Post #504

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 15.Feb.2019, 01:03 PM) *
Or the fact the computer programme only accepts an a 10 or 12 digit personal number and they aren't able to reprogramme postnords IT system whilst working a night shift in ... (show full quote)

more experienced workers had no problem releasing parcels to me, was not meeting this type of workers very often though
+
SmokerT69
post 13.Mar.2019, 05:54 PM
Post #505

Just got my "Welcome to Sweden" letter in the mail with my personnummer. Finally, lol. For some reason they've registered me as a Canadian, but fuck it. At least I have a number now. Going to set up a bank account on so on this week. 2 years later, what a trip this has been lol.
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Mar.2019, 06:35 PM
Post #506

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 13.Mar.2019, 05:54 PM) *
Just got my "Welcome to Sweden" letter in the mail with my personnummer. Finally, lol. For some reason they've registered me as a Canadian, but fuck it. At least ... (show full quote)

Congrats
+
Gjeebes
post 13.Mar.2019, 07:55 PM
Post #507

Bout fucking time!

I wonder how many tax kronor were spent, in MV/SV salaries, processing your paperwork for the simple p-nummer.

You should ask them how many hundreds of millions of salary hours/man hours were used for this misadventure. How many sick days were taken, how many times the case was restarted from scratch.

It's simply amazing how convoluted the Meatballs have made their bureaucratic processes.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Mar.2019, 10:18 PM
Post #508

Good to hear!!!

But...

With your experience with the "system", I would be cautious about the Canadian thing!!!

Seriously...think about it...

Best wishes,
GH
+
Svedallas
post 13.Mar.2019, 10:25 PM
Post #509

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 26.Jan.2019, 08:58 PM) *
Ok, so apparently my boss used my wife's personummer because I didn't have one for the first couple months of work. I'm not sure why, I told them that skatteverket ... (show full quote)

That is illegal.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Mar.2019, 10:37 PM
Post #510

Another problem!!!

Get these sorted out straight away...We don't want you agreeing with the deportation guy!!!
+

35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: