The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Residence permits interview Q's

sedriak
post 9.Jul.2007, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Hi, just appiled for a residence permit with my sambo in Aus, and got the interview in 2 weeks, i was just wondering what type of questions you get asked?? i have heard that it can be very layed back to very personal? Any info would be awesome!!

cheers

matt
Go to the top of the page
+
Aotearoa
post 9.Jul.2007, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Hej Matt,

It was quite a while ago that I was interviewed but it was actually quite intensive. They interviewed me for a couple of hours and asked a lot of questions about me personally - not so many about my relationship with my husband. I remember memorising a lot of information about my husband and his family - and they didn't ask anything!

In my opinion they seemed keen to know that I was intending to move to Sweden, learn the language and find a job.

From reading other posts (hard to find) it seems that you're right - it varies a lot from person to person.

Hope it goes well for you!
+
CptAmerica
post 9.Jul.2007, 02:02 PM
Post #3

I had a really laid back interview. We sat and chatted for about 30mins. She asked a few personal questions about daily life and future plans...nothing intense.

probably depends on the interviewer.
+
Alexis
post 9.Jul.2007, 02:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (sedriak)
Hi, just appiled for a residence permit with my sambo in Aus, and got the interview in 2 weeks, i was just wondering what type of questions you get asked?? i have heard that it can be very layed back to very personal? Any info would be awesome!!

cheers

matt

Hi Matt, I also applied for my residence permit with my sambo in Aus (Melbourne). They had us come in for the interview the next morning so we didn't really have any time to prepare. They questioned me in english and him in swedish. The questions included: what were the names/ages/occupations of his family members, what he studied, what I would do in sweden, the names of the universities we attended etc. Also asked what our plans were for the future, if we planned to get married (we do) and why we weren't already engaged. We each got a couple of them wrong (I couldn't remember his mum's age). All in all it seemed to go fairly well and 5 weeks later they granted me a 2 year residence permit. So yeah, don't stress, you should be fine. All the best mate.
+
deb
post 9.Jul.2007, 03:05 PM
Post #5

My situation was somewhat different since I had been married to my Swedish husband for 7 years when my son and I applied for a resident permit. No personal questions to prove our relationship, of course, but they did ask questions about my plans regarding the language, finding a job, etc. I think they're more interested in assessing your ability to support yourself so that you don't move here and apply for the welfare system.
+
Camorin
post 9.Jul.2007, 03:27 PM
Post #6

In my case, the questions were like who paid the latest bill. What were the stuff u bought for the house when u both moved in? Do you have a double bed or single one? Have u met each other's parents? Have u been abroad? Who does the daily chores? Which chores are done by whom? When did u meet each other? How did u contact each other? When did u move in together? What means of transport did u use to travel when u met for the first time(we were in different cities)? Do you have a landline number? Then the usual questions on future plans, marriage, children etc.
+
sedriak
post 10.Jul.2007, 02:28 PM
Post #7

thanks everyone for your replys! some very useful tips! its helps a bit when you can get a heads up about what questions they will ask you! thanks again!

matt
+
Tennin
post 11.Jul.2007, 12:57 AM
Post #8

My interview lasted for about 40-45 minutes. The questions they asked me were really similar to what Alexis wrote.

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of reading about how the Aussies always get their reply back within weeks or a few months. Sucks that for Americans it takes about 6 months or more :cry: The worst part about the wait is, we can't even visit Sweden while we wait >_<
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: