The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

The misery of trying to find apartment in sweden

But everybody seems happy.

pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:47 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (iamaho @ 26.Jul.2018, 11:04 PM) *
Where do you get the idea that Swedes call their country the best in the world?Does the government of Sweden advertise that on Spanish TV?I don't ever recall seeing any ne ... (show full quote)

Yes you do. But as always it is easy to deny everything.

Sweden is a country where they spy on you behind your back. They share that info among them, and then they look the other way like nothing happened.
Go to the top of the page
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 10:52 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Jul.2018, 11:46 PM) *
It's not polite to answer a question with another question.... Again I ask, how many apartments have you lived in???

Again, why would I have to tell you where and where not I have been?.

Where exactly do you want to drive this conversation?.

And does it change the facts?. Nope, The problem is real.

I guess this is sweden, everything always happens behind your back ;-)
+
iamaho
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:00 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 26.Jul.2018, 11:47 PM) *
Yes you do. But as always it is easy to deny everything.Sweden is a country where they spy on you behind your back. They share that info among them, and then they look the oth ... (show full quote)

Lady, you really need to seek professional help.
You sound absolutely insane.

Show me the proof that the government of Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country in the world.

Until you can show that, everything is just inside your demented head.

But seriously. Get professional help.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:11 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:00 AM) *
Lady, you really need to seek professional help. You sound absolutely insane. Show me the proof that the government of Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country i ... (show full quote)

Lady, I must tell you that for years your media advertises that. The problem is most likely your analytical and observation skills are poor. I am sorry I cannot help you.

I guess it is better to have a simplistic approach to life. At least you won't be aware of what's happening and therefore "Happier".

Ignorance is strength.
+
iamaho
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:16 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:11 AM) *
For years your media advertises that. The problem is most likely your analytical and observation skills are poor. I am sorry I cannot help you.I guess it is better to have a s ... (show full quote)

No media has advertised that. The government of Sweden has never advertised on TV or newspapers or magazines saying that Sweden is the best country in the world.

Every now and then, some magazines would make a ranking of "best country to live in" or "most livable city", but if you really believe in those "rankings", then it speaks of your level of intelligence.

Those rankings are no better than, which airline is the best in the world, or which mobile phone is best in the world. If you came to Sweden believing in that, you really should get your head checked.

Better yet, do it anyways because you clearly sound insane.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:20 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (vkaipetsky @ 26.Jul.2018, 10:05 PM) *
pepito, thank you very much for a candid report from the trenches.. Admirable behaviour in the face of passive-aggressive troll infestation too smile.gif

Different ideas or people who expose the real sweden always not only have to confront spying on their private lives behind their backs but always attacks from the brainwashed group.

They are only brave behind your back. Where they share your private life and spread the rumors, then face to face they shit their pants unless they come 20 vs 1.

This a forum called "life in sweden". I will speak about the housing subject and any other subject because sweden is the most democratic and open country in the world, and the local or anybody will ever try to spy on a guy like me just because I am exposing their biggest pyramid scheme(sarcasm).

They can insult me, make fun of me, tell me any shit, spy on me... I will never stop. Because the truth cannot be hidden anymore about this lie.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:24 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:16 AM) *
No media has advertised that. The government of Sweden has never advertised on TV or newspapers or magazines saying that Sweden is the best country in the world. Every now and ... (show full quote)

As I said yes they do and it's been constant.

It's actually one of the things about the swedish mindset.

"Sweden is the best". that is in the pop culture of sweden.

You surprise me for your poor analytical skills. That's A,B,C thing. It's just basic observation skills.

Being an intelligent/aware person is tough because not everybody can be at my same level, but equally tougher is being a fool who cannot see even the simplest things.
+
iamaho
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:31 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:24 AM) *
As I said yes they do and it's been constant.It's actually one of the things about the swedish mindset. "Sweden is the best". that is in the pop culture of s ... (show full quote)

You have not been able to provide one shred of evidence that I have asked for.

You keep saying, yes Sweden claims they are the best. But you cannot prove it!! Show me the advertising, show me the commercial!

You are a demented woman. Seriously. Get some professional help. Don't you realize that you sound absolutely insane?

A few posts ago, you said that the Swedes don't discuss the housing problems. I provided several links from various Swedish news organizations discussing it and reporting about it.

I provided facts. You just make things up.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:38 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:31 AM) *
You have not been able to provide one shred of evidence that I have asked for. You keep saying, yes Sweden claims they are the best. But you cannot prove it!! Show me ... (show full quote)

You have provided zero fact I am wrong.

You are just a smooth bully, degrading my comments. A hypocrite like many in sweden, claiming to be top of the world 24/7 everywhere like a compulsive narcissist and then when confronted you just run away denying everything... How brave.

Me a woman?... Passive aggressive anyone?!. LOL. I guess the swedish way...

Every gem of comments like yours proves sweden is the most dishonest country I have ever seen in my life. and so so hypocritical. At least be brave enough... Seriously. Don't behave like sneaky people.

EDIT:

It took me one minute.

Sweden is world’s best country. From SVT ;-)
https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=6445948

Another from a nordic publication.

Sweden is the best in the world at pretty much everything
https://nordic.businessinsider.com/heres-ev...ole-lot-2017-6/
+
iamaho
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:47 PM
Post #55

One is based on a Nordic magazine.
The other is based on some guy who created a website called the "good country index"

This is hardly any advertising from the government of Sweden to various news outlets around the world, buying air time on TV stations and billboards all around the world proclaiming that Sweden is the best, and tempting people to move here.

Post #33
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=933197

Care you respond to that?
You said that Sweden hides the housing problem. I have given proof that it is discussed openly.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:48 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:00 AM) *
Lady, you really need to seek professional help. You sound absolutely insane. Show me the proof that the government of Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country i ... (show full quote)

I wouldnt say best but...

Google, moving to Sweden, and it kind of looks like it's been scrubbed by the board of tourism or something. The international image, that is cracking, is not entirely Sweden's fault but they don't do anything to stop how it's been perpetuated.

I'm from the states and other than this idea that Sweden is a magical place where the social system really works for the people, those legally registered there by whatever means, the only things I ever really heard about for what's going on in Sweden, recently, is when the Swedish democrat showed up in some traditional outfit to a parliament meeting, and then that they took in a lit of refugees. First thing I thought, whatever, second thing I thought, oh, I hope they know what they got into.

Iamaho, nice name by the way, did you ever wonder why so many refugees and "refugees" came to Sweden? Maybe because the system gives away a lot of free shit to Swedes and non Swedes alike off the taxpayers back. And then it fucks over immigrants who are just trying to honestly work in a better condition than home. Or even people moving for family and love.

There is definitely a feeling one gets when faced with integration hardships anywhere but in Sweden, when faced with hardships as an immigrant there is a vibe of suspicion and distrust. It can create a pattern in an immigrants life because when just trying to establish oneself you can be faced with distrust and suspicion, hell, discrimination. And this can happen more often than not than meeting help and understanding. Which was a vibe for refugees fir a while, but no more.

All this is evident from the current hot topic in Sweden, yes elsewhere but were talking about sweden. And there would never be this situation if Sweden didn't project itself as a place where everyone gets down on social benefits like cocaine at an 80's yuppy party.

So take it easy on Pepito. Their story is not unique, unfortunately, and they share a real side of Sweden. Their anger is just.

Sorry for the rant
+
Bsmith
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:50 PM
Post #57

Taking a break from all the mudslinging...yes, there are difficulties in Sweden. The housing market is one, the job market is another. But, obviously people are moving to Sweden and I read their posts nearly every day on this site. So it must be working out for somebody.

No one is forcing people to move to Sweden. If you are considering such a move, do your homework and see if it might be for you. And if you do come, and it is not to your liking, stand up, brush the dust from your feet and move on to a better situation.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 26.Jul.2018, 11:57 PM
Post #58

Half asleep by the way, but I would definitely add that Sweden is thought of as, "a country that works"... I feel like this is often advertised.

Just google or use brains to think if you've heard that in common Swedish rhetoric, even if something similar.

I feel you allllways hear their social system is the best. But honestly, it just keeps people floating, some treading necessary.
+
gsurya
post 27.Jul.2018, 06:41 PM
Post #59

I agree that anyone who intends to stay in Sweden for any decent length of time will need to buy an apartment. Even if it is risky these days to do so before one gets his/her PUT.

I have taken the plunge and bought a new apartment which will be ready only April 2019. And my 2 year visa comes up for renewal in Oct 2019... unsure.gif
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 27.Jul.2018, 07:31 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (gsurya @ 27.Jul.2018, 07:41 PM) *
I agree that anyone who intends to stay in Sweden for any decent length of time will need to buy an apartment. Even if it is risky these days to do so before one gets his/her ... (show full quote)

The problem is rental market is nonexistent.

Second hand is not supposed to be for too long only 6 months or one year top.

First hand even if you get one you can only switch with someone else, you cannot leave and move to a new one, you need to do a byte with another person. The most crazy system.

In Spain there are more options. I never heard of second hand rentals until I arrived to sweden. Because there you can live in a rental for years and we don't queue.

In Spain you don't need to buy in order to have a stable place. In Sweden buying or queuing for first hand is the only way to avoid having a stressful life. And even switching from first hand to another is not as simple.

In Sweden the only choice for people who cannot afford to buy is wait for the first hand and your personal life can change due to personal events. You can separate and else and have to move and the options available are very very limited.

I am now in the process I need to find another apartment and It is very difficult, full of obstacles, bureaucracy and a massive lack of rentals. It's like a small jail.

So what I find it really cynical is when people tell me there is no problem in sweden regarding housing. When the market is exclusively for buyers.

If you live 6 months in sweden then you won't notice anything wrong. But for anyone longer than 1 year, things can be very stressful.

In Spain I never saw what I see in sweden in regards to housing. NEVER.

Swedes are disconnected because they have normalized the situation and think their situation is the norm everywhere. When it's simply not true.
+

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: