The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Living In Gothenburg!

Help with work!

Hunter66
post 18.Oct.2009, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Ive been in Gothenburg now for 3-4 months and like most people that do not speak Swedish, struggle to find work. I have read many posts on here about the same kind of story and also read the responses, some good and some bad.

So this is why I dont need any advice on learning swedish or going back to the Uk!!

I am quite happy to learn film and study Swedish at my pace.. So why!.. you ask yourself for this post? ... Well i will tell you!!!

This post is just a little advertisment to all the pople that read it and your friends, Before coming to Sweden with my Swedish girlfriend, I had done many varied jobs of which i can offer to anyone that would need tempory work help.

So do you need help restoring your classic or American car? I have many years experience working on classic cars and motorbikes.

Maybe you need help renovating your home ? I have many years experience in the building trade renovating property aswell.

Are you getting married or having a party ? I can offer DJing ,fully equipped with full PA system and 10,000 songs and 30,000 Karoke songs as I have been working in Spain for the last 4 years doing this.

I have a full clean driving licence
I am also a qualifed welder
I have many other skills and can turn my hand to anything!.. so if you have a job you need help with.. feel free to contact me for a chat.

So to recap I am looking for temp work on a hourly rate or a complete job price.

Thankyou for reading and if i cant help you please pass this information on to someone else!

You can contact me direct on [email protected]

Kind Regards
Go to the top of the page
+
blomma
post 18.Oct.2009, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Jack of all but Master of non!!!
+
Puffin
post 19.Oct.2009, 08:55 AM
Post #3

You need to be careful - some of the jobs you mention require to to be qualified/registered in Sweden.

However I understand that in a recesion it can be tough. Have you put out any feelers about working in Norway - quite a lot of Swedish building workers work 4-5 days per week in Norway - in fact one of my old komvux teachers (History) retrained as a carpenter and works on a Norweigen building site these days
+
Hunter66
post 19.Oct.2009, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Thanks Puffin for your advice but as i said I am not applying these trades as a service, I am offering a extra set of hands to the person who needs it! (exept for the DJ work as im fully legal anyway!.

And Blomma with your comment! I master in every Job or trade I apply!!!!! Just becuase I have the ablity to do more than one thing can only make me a more versitle human being!

Have you never been able to do more than one thing in your life! like scratch you arse! while making stupid comments on a forum!( I think you have!!!)
+
just a question
post 19.Oct.2009, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Don't waste your time and energy in finding a job in Sweden, cause there are no jobs. If I were you, I will try to look for jobs in Norway, that is a real country with a real economy and with real people. Norway is an intelligent country, if they need you, they will contact you for an interview.
+
Puffin
post 19.Oct.2009, 03:39 PM
Post #6

I was thinking that you might find welding work in Norway - I did SFI with several women whose husbands were Swedish welders and they all worked in Norway in the last recession as it was so tough for Swedes to get work

It's a tough situation especially with the unemployment problems in Gothenburg owing to the car industry's decline - many well qualified Swedes chasing jobs as well. Not being fully qualified also gives the employer problems - dare they employ a non-certified person? what happens in terms of the guarantee?

Are you eligible for an Instegs jobb?
+
blomma
post 19.Oct.2009, 03:50 PM
Post #7

LOL Masters of all and no job at all, I m making no one stupid!!!
+
Hunter66
post 19.Oct.2009, 05:52 PM
Post #8

Blomma are you just a knob Jockey are have you no life , where in my quote did i say i didnt have a job!!!

Do you work? or are you just one of those tossers who tries to make themselves taller by standing on others!!! if you dont have anything positive to say why dont you go and play in the traffic!!!!!!

you make knowone stupid except yourself!!!
+
blomma
post 19.Oct.2009, 05:59 PM
Post #9

Aai, aai it hurts. No more war broda!!! You are the best! you are on the Top. I m silly little crap!!! by the way its on the ┬┤local so was a locals voice! if you do not like it ignore it!!!
+
frey
post 19.Oct.2009, 09:23 PM
Post #10

sweden should hire one of these horizontal drilling companies and tap into "norways" oil pools... who would know?
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: