The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >   Reply to this topic

Planning to apply to a University?

... and speak fluent Swedish?

*superhitdeals*
post 4.Apr.2014, 12:51 PM
Post #76

Hello guys i am newbie here so please help me to how to add a questions or new topic ,,help me?
Go to the top of the page
+
*ukashkartim*
post 20.May.2014, 04:31 PM
Post #77

hi

Receive university education in Sweden and also information about how to do it I want to work and under what conditions it is necessary I would be glad if you share.

a good day
+
*nikolaos p.*
post 25.Jul.2014, 06:12 AM
Post #78

Hi!
In which towns in Sweden can someone study Mathematics?
+
7/1
post 28.Jul.2014, 01:35 PM
Post #79

I want to go to the unversity BUT i do not know very much the Swedish language , what shall i do?
Is there universities that teach with Another than the Swedish language ? If yes what shall i study ?
Help plz.
+
Carl T
post 7.Aug.2014, 08:11 PM
Post #80

Nikolaos: You can go to http://www.antagning.se to find programs or courses, but be warned that their search function is crap. If you search for "matematik" you'll find loads of irrelevant programs like grade school teacher and business administration. A better place to start may be http://www.studera.nu/ (see 'In English').

And for both you and 7/1: Typically, I think, bachelor courses/programs are largely taught in Swedish whereas masters courses/programs are geared towards a mix of locals and exchange students and therefore taught in English.

As for the question of what you should study, well, I think you should have some idea of what your previous education has prepared you for, what you'll be able to learn and what you want to work with. With that information in hand, you could contact a student counsellor at a relevant university department.
+
hvan20
post 26.Aug.2014, 10:53 AM
Post #81

Hej,

I was wondering if anyone could comment on their time as a graduate student here. I'm from the US and just began grad school. I'm having a bit of a mixed experience.

Thanks.
+
*chan12345*
post 6.Sep.2014, 04:41 AM
Post #82

Im from india.
Im planning to do my masters at Chalmers university of technology in production engineering.
Ive a good track record with no history of arrears.
Hope ill do the same in Chalmers.
the main intriguing thing i have is about will i get a job after completing my masters.
Ive come acroos many posts, student feedbacks...
all they say is ive returned home because i didnt find a job there though my credentials were good.
As an aspiring student i would be really thankful if anyone can tell me the chances of getting a job.
Im a mechanical engineer and im in interested mechanical fields and not in IT sectors.
awaiting for your reply guys!
+
köttbulle med sås
post 2.Oct.2014, 09:40 AM
Post #83

In Belgium (and also many other countries) many studies at university are given in ENGLISH!!! Lectures...as well as study material.

Sure it used to be in Dutch or French...but nowadays more and more English is used.

I thought this was also the fact in Sweden?? Apparently I am mistaken.

K
+
skogsbo
post 2.Oct.2014, 11:05 AM
Post #84

+
Sthlm83
post 8.Oct.2014, 05:32 AM
Post #85

QUOTE (chan12345 @ 6.Sep.2014, 04:41 AM) *
Im from india.Im planning to do my masters at Chalmers university of technology in production engineering.Ive a good track record with no history of arrears.Hope ill do the sa ... (show full quote)

Now I'm not an expert in either field, but from my understanding mechanical engineers are not in any particular demand in Sweden, while IT is in very high demand. I know an Indian guy who came here to study his masters at KTH and got employed at Ericsson before even graduating (but he worked in IT). But if mechanical engineers are in low demand (as I understand they are, but I could be wrong), you are likely to find it difficult finding a job, as an employer is likely to prefer a Swedish applicant with a good understanding of the language and culture over a foreign one (where he/she may also have to deal with arranging work-permits/visas etc.).

Either way, best of luck with your studies and future job endeavors.
+
enged
post 17.Nov.2014, 06:33 PM
Post #86

Does anyone know why this topic is always first on the list? Is this intentional or just a glitch?
+
Svensksmith
post 17.Nov.2014, 07:31 PM
Post #87

Maybe it's sponsored.
+
*Toppersnotes*
post 26.Dec.2014, 09:13 AM
Post #88

Hi,

I want to plan to apply for reputed university for my MBA.
Plz suggest me some universities and their admission procedure.
+
Hisingen
post 26.Dec.2014, 01:56 PM
Post #89

Why not get off your backside and do a little research yourself.
With the Internet, surely if you consider yourself university material you have the intelligence to use it for your own purpose.
+
jonoppy
post 28.Dec.2014, 07:26 PM
Post #90

Jeez Toppersnotes - please say you were kidding with that question...!

If you weren't, then god, allah, earthworm, help you with your future prospects!
+

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: