The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Rental contract, notice period for tenant

Notice period

icyk
post 1.Nov.2019, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Hi,

(I know I surely did multiple mistake signing a contract she translated to me by voice etc... don't judge me too much biggrin.gif)

I recently got into an argument with my landlord before arriving. (She told me she is a lawyer)

The landlord made me sign a swedish contract (I don't speak swedish nor can I read it, I was ok with it because she felt nice and kind).
It is a private property, owned by her, we will live together, for a fixed duration.

She told me she wanted to cancel the contract due to a breach of contract, 4 days before the arrival date. (telling me I sent the deposit 14 days after signing the contract, we sign 2 papers, technically I send it 5 days after our first contract and 1 days after the second paper. she received it 7-8 days after signing the first contract)

I didn't really care and now I wanted to receive back my 2 deposits and 1 month of rent.
Then we meet again and she told me that she wanted me to stay. I didn't really have a choice because I cannot cancel the agreement.

And I asked her if I don't feel well in the appartment (obviously because of what happened), how long is the notice period. (In case I wanted to leave earlier)

She told me that there is no notice period and that I cannot leave earlier than what is written on the contract.
I asked her if she was sure, she told me yes I am a lawyer...

That seems very suspicious...

It is a contract with a duration of 8month (5month+3month)
The 3 month are if I still got my job after probation.

So the big question is it legal to not allow me to give notice ? (whatever the kind of contract)

What everybody told me and what I read said that I have 1 month of notice period, whatever is written on the contract.

And if I happen to give a period notice, what can I do to be sure to receive back my 2 deposits, that is quite a high sums for me, and with all that history and the fact that I want to leave way earlier make me feel she will try to keep it by all means...

Thank you very much !
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: