The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Failed driving test

Have a couple questions

dott
post 13.Sep.2013, 02:03 PM
Post #1

I failed my driving test. Made very serious mistake at the very beginning and was too stressed overall. sad.gif

My test route was through this place http://goo.gl/maps/ptKMj
Is it a kind of roundabout?

Eco driving with automatic transmission car - how should i handle this?

My non Eu driving license expired couple days ago. What is the fine if i get caught without valid driving license?
Go to the top of the page
+
flyiboy2
post 13.Sep.2013, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Sorry to hear that you did not pass 😢. It does not look like a normal roundabout. Was there a bump with this? How did the instructor tell U to drive ? Go forward , left or right? Any cars near by. The Right Hand rule applies here. What dud U do ?

Flyiboy2
+
dott
post 13.Sep.2013, 03:52 PM
Post #3

yep, there was a slight bump. He didn't say anything - which means i should go forward after intersection. My first thought was that i missed a sign, so i went like a roundabout. I had cars only in opposite direction.
+
flyiboy2
post 13.Sep.2013, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Was this the reason why U failed? Normally U would slow down and proceed forward. Always watching the left and rights. I saw no signs and that indicates to me no roundabout. This perhaps is a new thing to slow people down .
+
dott
post 13.Sep.2013, 04:27 PM
Post #5

The main reason was that i didn't stopp after Stop sign. This was really dumb i know and i don't do like this normally.
Other things that i gave a way to the road users too much where I have a right, there was not clear indications that they were going to give me away + i was too cautions on the test. And finally no eco driving, i am running automat so skipping gears is not an option.
+
Hisingen
post 13.Sep.2013, 05:25 PM
Post #6

At a guess, that road marking is as a warning to two straight roads in a residential area that there is a crossing and extreme caution must be observed. Could well be they have had some accidents there.

But since you failed to stop at a stop sign, that is enough to get a 'fail', since it is a very serious error, like swearing in church. . . .

If you are caught driving without a driving licence, the penalty is a fine of 50 'böter' (or roughly fine units) the size of which is determined by your income. So be warned.
+
Model T Ford
post 13.Sep.2013, 07:04 PM
Post #7

Don't get all up tight about failing. I failed at least twice, if not thrice.

Just be on the lookout for things you are likely to miss, like a stop sign or speed limit sign you overlook. Then there are the pedestrian crossings where you should always stop at even if the pedestrian looks most confused about crossing.

Then I don't know what country your car is registered in, even an EU country. I remember when I was stopped by the cops. They were looking for a white Renault 19 with Portuguese plates - what a robber and I were both driving.

While they determined that I wasn't the wanted, they didn't take lightly that I was driving with a no longer valid license or car registration.

It could have cost me well over $1,000. but was reduced to about $600 because of my limited assets.

The fact that I couldn't drive the car until I got a Swedish license, and had to get the car registered too didn't help seed up the process.

In sum, don't take any unnecessary chances.

Good luck.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 14.Sep.2013, 10:48 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (dott @ 13.Sep.2013, 03:03 PM) *
I failed my driving test. Made very serious mistake at the very beginning and was too stressed overall. My test route was through this place http://goo.gl/maps/ptKMjIs it a ki ... (show full quote)

No, this is not a roundabout since there are no roundabout signs. It is just a speedbump.

If you at some point failed to stop at a stop sign or blew a red light it means an automatic fail.
+
axiom
post 14.Sep.2013, 01:04 PM
Post #9

Depending on your Swedish level look at this site:

http://www.trafiksakerhet.se/rondellkornin...vagkorsning.htm

The one you were at is not a roundabout or cirkulationsplats. Here it is in principle right hand rule that applies where as in a cirkulationsplats it is "left hand rule"

You are only required to give way to things to your right, even if you are the one in the "roundabout".

Treat it very similar to a junction.
+
dott
post 14.Sep.2013, 03:17 PM
Post #10

great link anxiom, thanks!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: