The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Medical check and treatment abroad

With swe citizenship

post 28.Aug.2013, 07:33 AM
Post #1
Joined: 30.Mar.2013

Hi everyone,

Have several questions which I cannot answer by googling.
I got some health problems, which I cannot figure out with Vardcentrals. Firstly, because they usually just tell you off and second because the lines are insane to get an appointment.

I found that with EU blue card you can get emergency treatments abroad, but in my case its does not seem to be it.

Was wondering, if anyone knows if its possible to ask the government or whatever else, to pay my checkup and possible treatment abroud (Both EU or NON EU countries, and yes I pay taxes here smile.gif). Where to turn in this case and how it works?

Also, if that one is impossible, what can you possibly do if you are unsatisfied with the vardcentral treatment and timing? If they offer you say "to drink yogurt" but you want some medical checks like ultrasound and etc, is there a way to force them to do it? (and not in 2022).

Go to the top of the page
post 28.Aug.2013, 12:31 PM
Post #2
Joined: 1.Jun.2008

It is possible, but depends on treatment. You should check with Försäkringskassan.

You can't force the doctor to do a particular check/test, but you can ask for another doctor's opinion.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: