The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
125 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »    Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

xmsms
post 12.May.2016, 02:06 AM
Post #151

QUOTE (Alicia59 @ 12.May.2016, 04:33 AM) *
Yes, I'd also like to know. My whole life is basically on hold as it could come any day now.

Me too sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 12.May.2016, 02:28 AM
Post #152

QUOTE (Case officer @ 16.Mar.2016, 01:07 PM) *
If this is Alicia S she should contact the Migration Agency immediately.

Have you checked that your application has been received properly?
+
master09
post 13.May.2016, 09:20 AM
Post #153

The migrationsverket website says the wait times have decreased to 1-2 months, but my case has been pending since 11th Mar 2016, i.e more than 2 months now. Not sure why this inconsistency???
+
inmortus
post 15.May.2016, 07:36 AM
Post #154

I am renewing a work permit (non EU, first renewal). My employer uses a company to do this for us. My permit expires on the 18th of July, however I wanted to do this as soon as possible and this company filed for our renewal in February (which according to them would be no problem).
They then said that Migrationsversket would not look at it until two months before it expired (which would defeat the purpose of having applied in February so I am not sure why they would have done that in the first place).

It's been 3 months since we applied. As far as we know it should be "simple" since it is the same employer, with equal terms as before and all documentation has been uploaded.

Does anyone know if it is true that they will not even look at it until 2 months prior to our permits expiration? if so, that is mean that the "typical" 2-4 months would have to be added to the time we have already been waiting? We want to be able to go abroad for the summer and what we have been told is that we would have to be back by July 18th (when our permits expire) which really is kind of a drag... I wish they had some sort of document to use while it is being processed (like other countries in EU have)...
+
LLHope
post 15.May.2016, 01:29 PM
Post #155

QUOTE (inmortus @ 15.May.2016, 06:36 AM) *
I wish they had some sort of document to use while it is being processed (like other countries in EU have)...
Other EU countries also have tighter rules with regards issuing of work permits in the first instance, maybe that should also be applied here wink.gif
+
Case officer
post 15.May.2016, 03:18 PM
Post #156

QUOTE (inmortus @ 15.May.2016, 08:36 AM) *
I am renewing a work permit (non EU, first renewal). My employer uses a company to do this for us. My permit expires on the 18th of July, however I wanted to do this as soon a ... (show full quote)

These companies know that an application for extension will not be processed until one month before the date of expiry. They will promise anything to get a contract, then blame the Migration Agency for any delay. Most likely your application is in a large pile of applications with a yellow note on it, "Do not process until June 25".
+
inmortus
post 16.May.2016, 06:21 AM
Post #157

QUOTE (LLHope @ 15.May.2016, 12:29 PM) *
Other EU countries also have tighter rules with regards issuing of work permits in the first instance, maybe that should also be applied here wink.gif

Honestly, that is a bit condescending as it sounds like you are assuming everyone's making use of "softer" rules. I would not mind having tighter rules, actually. I was brought here for work, just like I was to three other countries in different continents given my academic background and work experience in international companies...

In any case, one thing is not related to the other. Sweden has its own set of regulations; all I was stating was that given the waiting time, and the fact that there are people (like me) who also travel on business for their work, it would make sense to have a temporary re-entry permit while an extension of a work permit is being studied. That is all. That has nothing to do with whether they are too easy going with their rules.
----
Thanks Case Officer. I was thinking something like that would be the case... so, one month before it expires, would that mean it would take another 3-4 months after that time?
+
Unfake
post 17.May.2016, 04:38 PM
Post #158

Thanks Case Officer. I was thinking something like that would be the case... so, one month before it expires, would that mean it would take another 3-4 months after that time?

inmortus, You cannot rely on the processing periods they say. It could easily take twice more time. Try to remind them about their proposal waiting periods after they failed using phone or email and you will get a lot of different copy/paste reasons why they can't do it. You can fix the problem quickly if either you have friends there or your employer/employer's migration agent has a good relation with MV. All other cases are just pure good or bad luck.
+
Case officer
post 17.May.2016, 07:17 PM
Post #159

QUOTE (inmortus @ 16.May.2016, 07:21 AM) *

Speak with the relocation company that your company deals with. Their handlers might be able to pull some strings and make sure that your application is as complete as possible. They know how to make an application fly through the system, things normal applicants don't. That way you can get your permit extended a few days before your old permit expires.
+
Unfake
post 18.May.2016, 08:40 AM
Post #160

inmortus, As Case officer said your papers should be complete, otherwise you could expect +2 or 3 months to waiting time just because of missing of some simple paper wink.gif
+
inmortus
post 18.May.2016, 09:53 AM
Post #161

Thanks all. As far as I understand, all papers are complete (according to our relocation company). I'll keep my fingers crossed but I think at this rate it looks like we'll be spending the summer here (nothing to complain but will have to cancel some travel plans).
+
wirefire
post 19.May.2016, 01:27 PM
Post #162

Hi All,

I'm in the same boat as you all .. Applied my new work permit on January 2016 & still waiting. sad.gif

Does any one know the latest status from MV , which period applications are they handling now ?

I called MV in April & got the chance to speak to a team leader & she said they are working on the applications submitted on December 2015 . But I don't know it's true or false.

I can see A @Case Officer is in the thread, if he/ she is a actual case officer , can you please let us know about the status ?
+
somethingnew
post 19.May.2016, 04:01 PM
Post #163

QUOTE (wirefire @ 19.May.2016, 02:27 PM) *
Hi All, I'm in the same boat as you all .. Applied my new work permit on January 2016 & still waiting. Does any one know the latest status from MV , which period app ... (show full quote)

I am no expert: But time also depends on which work category you applied for and if your employer is (or is getting help from) a certified company. Certain industries have more requirements to prove and may cause more delays.
+
wirefire
post 19.May.2016, 04:06 PM
Post #164

I'm a Software Engineer & as I remember I applied with service sector.

My employer is not a big company , it's start up . Is there any way I can get help from some third party company or people to make the process speed up ?
+
cherif
post 19.May.2016, 04:26 PM
Post #165

QUOTE (wirefire @ 19.May.2016, 04:06 PM) *
I'm a Software Engineer & as I remember I applied with service sector. My employer is not a big company , it's start up . Is there any way I can get help from some ... (show full quote)

Hello,

No one can speed up the process, not even King Carl XVI Gustaf blink.gif

What is your nationality ?
+

125 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: