The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Gothenburg to Rygge

Anyone know how to get there

Mucker
post 26.Apr.2010, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Has anyone taken the train from Gothenburg to Rygge before? There is a Ryanair airport there and I'm looking at options. Is the train service reliable? Is the station far from the airport?
Go to the top of the page
+
Mucker
post 26.Apr.2010, 11:51 AM
Post #2

Rygge is in Norway btw, near Oslo according to Ryanair (which could mean anything)
+
Streja
post 26.Apr.2010, 11:52 AM
Post #3

I believe säfflebussen goes directly there.
+
Streja
post 26.Apr.2010, 11:54 AM
Post #4

öhh they don't exist anymore apparently

gobybus
+
kaze
post 26.Apr.2010, 12:32 PM
Post #5

Gothenburg is easy. Just take the train right to Rygge.
+
jack sprat
post 26.Apr.2010, 06:29 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Mucker @ 26.Apr.2010, 11:51 AM) *
Has anyone taken the train from Gothenburg to Rygge before? There is a Ryanair airport there and I'm looking at options. Is the train service reliable? Is the station far from the airport?

Excellent location.
The airport is right on the side of the E6.
Also virtually within walking distance of the train.
+
hardonforswedes
post 7.May.2010, 08:22 AM
Post #7

Great little airport Rygge very will laid out unlike Swedish airports, one can see why Norway left Sweden they are away smarter people. They have good strict border controls and customs unlike Sweden that allows in very stray dog that shows up.
+
bobalong
post 7.May.2010, 02:59 PM
Post #8

It is just a pity they do not fly to the UK from there. It is much closer for me than Torp.

I go there next week for the first time to collect my other half flying in from Belgium.
+
hardonforswedes
post 7.May.2010, 03:24 PM
Post #9

19th may they start flying to Newcastle-upon-Tyne, if that's any help
+
bobalong
post 7.May.2010, 03:38 PM
Post #10

I come from North Manchester so it would mean around 150 mile trip from Newcastle but if there is nothing else suitable that is available then it is another option. I usually go from either Torp or Skavsta as they are equidistant away from me here and it makes no difference which to travel to really, apart from paying the tolls through Norway. However, at least Torp has the option of going on the motorbike as parking is on hard standing, under cover and free ( and no tolls to pay for that either).

When I enquired at Skavsta, they just looked at me like I was a flaming alien! "You mean you have come here on a motorbike?" they said! I felt like saying "no, I dress like this for fun, you plonker!" No facilities whatsoever for motorbikes there, but the road is a better one than getting to Torp. If anyone has driven or ridden to and through Kongsvinger you will know what I mean!

Mind you, I came back on Monday to find I was riding through sleet and snow and 1 degree all through Norway! I froze my flaming ass off! All I could think of was "IT'S MAY FOR CHRISTS SAKE!" LOL
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: