The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
124 Pages V  « < 120 121 122 123 124 >   Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

Madefh
post 16.Nov.2018, 09:27 PM
Post #1816

Hi,

I used the Request to conclude a case and got my first work permit extension this week.

Date of application: 2018-04-09
Request date: 2018-10-17
Date of decision: 2018-11-14 (exactly 4 weeks after the request was sent)
Beslutsklass: X (extension granted)
Unit: Göteborg
Certified: no

I sent the request by e-mail, but they never replied. Instead, 4-5 days after I got a letter confirming that they got my request.

I am not 100% sure that the "Request to conclude a case" works, even though I got the decision in time, MV says that the time for applications like mine is 7-10 months.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
rvarva
post 4.Dec.2018, 01:04 AM
Post #1817

Hi, congratulations.
What additional documents they asked to provide?
They asked me to send payslips from jan-sep 2018 and the kontrulluppgift from skatteverket. In this case does it mean they will give me + answer? (Because they haven’t asked for any important document).
(And by the way it’s my WP extension.)
Thanks
+
SantN
post 10.Dec.2018, 10:04 AM
Post #1818

PR granted

Date of application: 2017-11-30
Date of decision: 2018-12-10
Unit: Malmö

I have been asked 3times for extra documentation and explanation since I had few mistakes(insurances, salary with previous employers).
I would advise everybody to use lawyers if you know you have things that are problematic.
+
Panika
post 11.Dec.2018, 11:51 AM
Post #1819

great! congratulations! could you be more specific?
+
SantN
post 11.Dec.2018, 12:41 PM
Post #1820

I live in Sweden for 5 years now.
I lost my first job super fast due to lack of work. then I found a new one applied as new visa of course. there they also lost some clients so I had a few months with a salary below 13000, although my monthly salary was high. They were convincing me that MV doesn't look every month but all the money I have earned. after I noticed things are not getting better I changed job and there I had a problem with insurances for a few months. WIth my first extension (with my last company), I have sent a mail from the union that there is nothing can be done now (I missed 2 insurances) , but that our profession is on the list of professions in demand, and that MV should concentrate on stability that I have and high salary. And I got an extension, but now was time for PR, and they picked all those things. THey noticed based on Kontroll upgift that there is something wrong and asked to explain, what I did together with a lawyer, I got a letter from previous bosses about what happened and from the union that there is a statistic that a lot of people lost a job in the industry and so on. And I said when I divide all these months I was technically working 90% of the time and my paycheck was more than 2.5 times over what is allowed. They were not happy with that and asked to explain everything in %. and we did and also send my partners income and said ok together we have more than average. But then they sent the 3rd letter and asked to explain the missing insurances. We sent again already sent opinion, and that they tried to fix it but you can not pay it in retroactive, my boss also sent a letter that they depend on me. But my lawyer prepared a letter explaining and copying from my last decision that I was granted an extension and that the other handläggare believed I was eligible for PR in that time, and that they should focus that I am stable for 3,5 y with an increase of my salary and also referred to a lot of cases that were in my situation and the positive decision was granted by MV.

I don't know if I have missed something. Every time in between, it took them between 1-3weeks and they were not answering my calls.
+
Panika
post 11.Dec.2018, 01:30 PM
Post #1821

than you very much for the long post. it looks like your lawyer is good with this. maybe you could write his details if someone needs a lawyer?
+
SantN
post 11.Dec.2018, 04:18 PM
Post #1822

Yes, please write DM to me and I will. They said, they didn't want as public like this to go, but that I can send in private, so I will gladly recommend them to whoever needs one
+
silent.nature
post 6.Jan.2019, 09:59 PM
Post #1823

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 30.Oct.2018, 05:10 PM) *
I just received the decision letter and fully understand why all this happened now. since there is a rule and law for us to follow, and there is a proper explaination, then we can accept the result.

What was explaination?
what rule/law were you needed to follow which you did not?
Can you please explain which law are you referring to?
+
silent.nature
post 6.Jan.2019, 10:16 PM
Post #1824

QUOTE (watergarden @ 30.Oct.2018, 03:56 PM) *
If you moved here in 2017, there is no way in hell you can be granted permanent residency now.About your husband, maybe it's because when he applied for an extension, this ... (show full quote)

Do you mean if a person applies first visa for his/her family with his/her 2nd WP extension WILL NOT get PUT even he/she is eligible for it?

Let's take an example>

A person 1st WP valid from Jan 2015 to Dec 2016
Ist WP extension valid from Jan 2017 to Dec 2018
Applied for 2nd WP extension now with his/her family as co-applicant (1st application for family)

In this example, WP holder is eligible for PUT BUT he/she will NOT get PUT because his/her family is not eligible for PUT as his/her family has not stayed/worked in Sweden long enough?

I thought that in this case MV will grant PUT to WP holder but will give family/WP to his/her family. Am I wrong?
+
watergarden
post 16.Jan.2019, 11:24 AM
Post #1825

QUOTE (silent.nature @ 6.Jan.2019, 10:16 PM) *
Do you mean if a person applies first visa for his/her family with his/her 2nd WP extension WILL NOT get PUT even he/she is eligible for it?Let's take an example>A pers ... (show full quote)

I think that if you have worked here for 4 years, you will get PUT, but if your co-applicant has joined you 2 years after you started working in Sweden - he/she won't get PUT, because everyone would take advantage of that system.
+
Orinela
post 16.Jan.2019, 01:23 PM
Post #1826

Hello again everyone!
I have made a new application for work permit on the 14th of december 2018 as my last application was rejected after 8 month waiting!!!! How is the situation here? Does the waiting time have changed? Or still the same?

Best regards
+
gsurya
post 19.Jan.2019, 02:25 PM
Post #1827

My first work permit expires in mid-September 2019. I guess that means I can apply for an extension after mid-April, right?

What happens if the WP extension doesnt come before my current work permit expires? Do they stamp a temporary visa on the passport for travel purposes?
+
watersteel
post 19.Jan.2019, 05:25 PM
Post #1828

There won't be anything. No visa no paper. You just have to wait.
And they advise that you don't travel out of Sweden, check Migrationsverket.se.
+
ToSheila
post 1.Feb.2019, 09:41 AM
Post #1829

... and if you do not need VISA for travelling purposes, is it safe to travel (while waiting for extension and decision is pending)?

+
Orinela
post 4.Feb.2019, 05:20 PM
Post #1830

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know with which cases are Migrationsverket working on now? I mean which month. I mailed them but they didn’t answer.
+

124 Pages V  « < 120 121 122 123 124 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: