The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

Bsmith
post 14.Jun.2018, 10:59 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:30 AM) *
it's still a great place to live. Everything is so cheap and you can live off hardly any money. The cold weather is a plus as well. Coming from the hot, humid Caribbean, S ... (show full quote)

Like anyplace, you have to look for the good and see if it outweighs the bad.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Jun.2018, 12:05 PM
Post #17

Swedish culture is what it is, no amounts of venting here will change anything...

Accept what you don't understand and realize that you cannot bring your cultural way of life to other places...People live their way, not yours...
+
SmokerT69
post 14.Jun.2018, 01:56 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 14.Jun.2018, 01:05 PM) *
Swedish culture is what it is, no amounts of venting here will change anything...Accept what you don't understand and realize that you cannot bring your cultural way of li ... (show full quote)

Fair enough. In Rome you do as the Romans do. That doesn't mean it's always right. Look at the Arab culture and how they treat women. It may be their culture, doesn't mean we have to agree with it.

Just for giggles, according to a certain Swedish politician, there is no such thing as Swedish culture. It doesn't exist.

And ofc, this image of a conference held by the social democrats sshould tell you something...

https://imgur.com/a/1uQv0Pd
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Jun.2018, 03:38 PM
Post #19

Love the presentation pick.

1) Immigration is nothing new.

2) We are all a consequence of immigration.

3) There is no native Swedish culture.

You just can't get anymore Swedish than that.

Simply WOW!

Woof!
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Jun.2018, 03:57 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:08 AM) *
This must be your first job.. Find a company anywhere in the world with no politics.. Your post also sounds like you are young and immature. Truth be told.. Gossip/backstabbing, that is for kids.

Your post strengthen my point about everything I said about sweden.

- Arrogance.
- Passive aggressiveness.
- Rumors and trying to damage other people's image.
- We know better than you.

Then you must be the typical guy who goes to Spain to enjoy the weather and the life there...

Keep trying, your desperation amuses me.
+
Svedallas
post 14.Jun.2018, 05:00 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 04:57 PM) *
Your post strengthen my point about everything I said about sweden.- Arrogance.- Passive aggressiveness.- Rumors and trying to damage other people's image.- We know better ... (show full quote)

Low self esteem much?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Jun.2018, 05:00 PM
Post #22

All this is about a liking or disliking of the place you came to, assuming your last place did not suit you either...

So what to do???

Apparently, the answer is to keep searching for a place you like...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Jun.2018, 05:15 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jun.2018, 06:00 PM) *
Low self esteem much?

Projecting your own frustrations?. rolleyes.gif

As I said you amuse me.

And every comment of yours strengthen my point about your country. Your comments are clear representation of the passive aggressiveness in sweden.

Keep it up, you are making me stronger.
+
Svedallas
post 14.Jun.2018, 06:30 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 06:15 PM) *
Projecting your own frustrations?. As I said you amuse me. And every comment of yours strengthen my point about your country. Your comments are clear representation of the pa ... (show full quote)

i feel sorry for you...Whatever makes you feel better.
Address your self esteem issues...good luck!
+
Apache001
post 14.Jun.2018, 06:33 PM
Post #25

Referring to the backstabbing.

It’s the reason Swedes are very evasive and closed off, they are aware themselves what they are capable of doing to other people, so they are scared of people doing those things to them.
That’s why it’s hard to get to know them because of their backstabbing culture, the less Swedes know about themselves the safer they feel. So they use all materials available to them to find out all the life of their neighbors and gather enough intel up to how much the neighbor earns.

The only advice I can give to any immigrants here is learn how they behave and engage them like they engage themselves. It’s an eye for an eye culture, you need social brute force to survive here with almost zero sense of humanity.

Always have plan B,C,D when you are dealing with Swedes, and remember most times how they treat you as an immigrant is quite different how they treat an ethnic Swede who understands the drill. Don’t ever fall for the fake smiley and nicety because behind those smileys lay the inhumane dexterity of throwing you under the bus.

A country where businesses act like spoilt brats who don’t need customers because “uncle Sven” would always bail them out. Customer care don’t even have the patience to stay on the phone with a customer for more than 2mins to address some of your queries before you hear okej Hej hejdå.

I guess that’s the Swedish culture we need to adapt to...smh
+
Am89
post 14.Jun.2018, 07:12 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 14.Jun.2018, 07:33 PM) *
Referring to the backstabbing.It’s the reason Swedes are very evasive and closed off, they are aware themselves what they are capable of doing to other people, so they are s ... (show full quote)

I totally agree with you. They are passive aggressive racists and backstabbers.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Jun.2018, 07:37 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jun.2018, 07:30 PM) *
i feel sorry for you...Whatever makes you feel better.. Address your self esteem issues...good luck!

For every comment like that you keep ashaming yourself and your country. You are falling lower and lower in your poor arguments.

You lost from the first comment you made. Don't make it worse.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Jun.2018, 07:52 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 14.Jun.2018, 07:33 PM) *
Referring to the backstabbing.It’s the reason Swedes are very evasive and closed off, they are aware themselves what they are capable of doing to other people, so they are s ... (show full quote)

The most striking thing is, if you check other forums about other countries, you will never see so many people complaining about the same subjects as it is about sweden.

You are saying that swedes are prone to all these things that you describe, but then you check this forum and you will find dozens of posts from people complaining about the same thing!!. Are all these people crazy and with low self esteem?. I doubt it!!.

The question is, how a country that is constantly putting itself as top at everything they do and they are so hated by many migrants?!.

In Spain, France, Italy, the UK, Germany, Ireland ... pick any other country and you will never find so much hatred about them.

But then about sweden I hear over and over the same complaints. About the double standards, about the passive xenophobia, the passive aggressive behavior, about the tendency to backstab and spread rumors, about the cold and distant behavior, the fakeness and so on.

So that's the part that amazes me the most about it. Many get sick of sweden and the complaints are always pointing out about the same issues. But yet swedes seem to ignore them.

The OP is Finnish! and he complains about the same thing!!. And he is nordic!!.

So there is something terribly wrong about sweden, specially in their behavior and the way the treat other cultures and the way they compare themselves with others.
+
Svedallas
post 14.Jun.2018, 08:06 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 08:37 PM) *
For every comment like that you keep ashaming yourself and your country. You are falling lower and lower in your poor arguments.. You lost from the first comment you made. Don't make it worse.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Really. Good luck! You sound like you need it.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Jun.2018, 08:37 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:06 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif . Really. Good luck! You sound like you need it.

You need psychological help, for real. Never seen a man ashaming himself so much. I guess mental health is an issue in sweden...

You are making my point stronger for every comment of yours.
+

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: