The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

SFI levels vs. Folkunivesity Swedish levels

How they compare, and other related advice

ozumi
post 26.Aug.2009, 12:57 AM
Post #1

I wish to know the SFI A B C D levels are equals to what levels of the Folkuniversity's A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2?
If one finished with SFI C course, and want to go to Folkuniversity, what level should one go?

Also, I was put into SFI 3C course at Stockholm. I wonder if it is a very rapid pace course and it takes less than 3 months to finish? I am very concern if they just keep trying to keep me in the same level. The reason is that, I have done all the tests in C a few years ago, all pass except the oral, but they let me to go to Course D at that time and ask me to retake just the oral exam. But now, they put me back to 3C of the SFI when I apply again (They didn't ask me to do a test at all)... I wonder what is that mean?

Has anyone after studying a few months at say like the C course and then they ask you to go to the D course without taking the exam?
Go to the top of the page
+
lam
post 26.Aug.2009, 09:24 AM
Post #2

I took A1/A2 at Folkuniversitatet for 18 lessons last year and now I am assigned to level C in SFI after doing the test. It also depends on the no. of years of education you have, which may determine whether you are a quick learner. Good luck.
+
Puffin
post 26.Aug.2009, 01:11 PM
Post #3

I don't think that the levels necessarily correspond - I don't think Folkuniversitet has a "D" level

It's best to do the placement test.

Much also depends on what you want to do later and whether you are aiming at TISUS/ gymnasiet level
+
Wigglywoo
post 26.Aug.2009, 02:09 PM
Post #4

I don't think they correspond either i assume folkuniversity will use the common european framework

A1 Elementary Level
A2 Pre Intermediate
B1 Intermediate
B2 Upper Intermediate
C1 Advanced
C2 Proficient
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: