The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Buying a house in Sweden while I'm working in DXB

Working in Dubai, mortgage to buy a house in swede

afada
post 24.Apr.2017, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Hello All,

I've read some posts on this but this is different a bit, as here is my situation ,,, its a bit complicated.

I've been married to a Swedish Citizen for the past 18 years and we have been living in my home country (Jordan) the majority of our time.

Recently in 2015 we have moved back to Sweden because of the situation in the Middle East, that been said I do not have the Swedish citizenship yet, but I have a permanent residency and I think if I apply for the citizenship I should get it in a year or 2.

Since I've moved to Sweden I love this country and to be honest I see this is a place where I retire in.

Moreover recently I've taken on a projection UAE and I've moved back to Dubai for work, and my salary is being transferred to my bank in Dubai.

What are my options to get a housing loan in Sweden and I'm willing to pay a bigger down payment for the house. Can anyone help? I've ready some posts here talking about working in another EU country and trying to get a loan in Sweden, but my case is different since I'm in UAE, Dubai.

PS : the city I'm looking in to buy is Uppsala.

Regards to all.
Go to the top of the page
+
afada
post 6.Sep.2017, 11:45 AM
Post #2

no one is even interested in replying to this post smile.gif
+
afada
post 21.Aug.2018, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Hello again,

Any new options on the market.
+
hatim
post 22.Aug.2018, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Why don't you talk to a Bank?

It does not matter what any one says here, at the end of the day the bank decides.

Perhaps the bank has an arrangement for Swedish citizens (i.e. your wife) living abroad.
+
yet another brit
post 24.Aug.2018, 01:05 PM
Post #5

Absolutely nothing legally to stop you buying a property, it is only whether or not a bank will lend the money. As above, you'll have to ask...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: