The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >   Reply to this topic

illegal alien voting rights

*Lucien Grey*
post 23.Feb.2007, 12:24 PM
Post #121

Of course I know what cultural exchange is, it seems that others don't, as the discussion had moved firmly away from illegal immigration and was focused on immigration in general, and the limitation thereof. (I paraphrase: Immigartion is fine to a degree).

I was not using a racism argument(European immigration laws exclude non europeans- draw your own conclusions) I was just wondering if it was only me that could see the irony of a bunch of immigrants complaining about immigation in sweden in a foreign language. Being norwegian does not qualify you as being almost swedish, simply as being the aforementioned "fin invandrare". (as does being english for me)A countries people vote for the EU which entails free movement of labour but then complains about that very same movement, but then it is not so cut and dry because then you have the other forms of grouping(schengen for example) which complicates the system even more. I find it ironic too that you talk about limiting immigration and yet accuse me of playing the race card. I am not capable of playing the race card as a white Eu state citizen. The race card is there to be played however for someone more qualifed to do so.

I know of no immigrant group in a country which have their own laws, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. As an immigrant here I am subject to the same laws as a swede and would expect no more. I am not however thankfully subject to the same predujudices as other groups.

I beleive what I wrote to be true in my opinion and wonder why you feel the need to imply that I do not know what I am talking about, I'm adapting my train of thought as I write, swedish immigration as all EU member states is racist in some ways and I defy you to prove otherwise. People are excluded because of race, how clearly do I need to explain this for you? There are many reasons for this, the fact however remains: you as norwegian and I as an englishman have a much easier time to move to sweden than a polish woman for example, both officailly and socially. That's just the way it is I beleive both the polish lady and I accept this.

If you feel the need to retort please do me a favour and answer me with a well thought out argument rather than just saying I don't know what I'm talking about, I can accept being proved wrong but have a much harder time accepting unsupported arrogance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 23.Feb.2007, 04:45 PM
Post #122

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford)
What else is new?

But you left out that you are also an authoritarian who simply thinks that even countries with elections should forget about them, and go along without a whimper whatever wars their mad governors cough up.

You are a disgrace to any civilized values.
Trowtrow - you are a 'effing RIOT.

*makes jabs at the air with a fake syringe*

You crack me up! laugh.gif
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 23.Feb.2007, 05:47 PM
Post #123

QUOTE (Lucien Grey)
Of course I know what cultural exchange is, it seems that others don't, as the discussion had moved firmly away from illegal immigration and was focused on immigration in general, and the limitation thereof. (I paraphrase: Immigartion is fine to a degree).

I was not using a racism argument(European immigration laws exclude non europeans- draw your own conclusions) I was just wondering if it was only me that could see the irony of a bunch of immigrants complaining about immigation in sweden in a foreign language. Being norwegian does not qualify you as being almost swedish, simply as being the aforementioned "fin invandrare". (as does being english for me)A countries people vote for the EU which entails free movement of labour but then complains about that very same movement, but then it is not so cut and dry because then you have the other forms of grouping(schengen for example) which complicates the system even more. I find it ironic too that you talk about limiting immigration and yet accuse me of playing the race card. I am not capable of playing the race card as a white Eu state citizen. The race card is there to be played however for someone more qualifed to do so.

I know of no immigrant group in a country which have their own laws, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. As an immigrant here I am subject to the same laws as a swede and would expect no more. I am not however thankfully subject to the same predujudices as other groups.

I beleive what I wrote to be true in my opinion and wonder why you feel the need to imply that I do not know what I am talking about, I'm adapting my train of thought as I write, swedish immigration as all EU member states is racist in some ways and I defy you to prove otherwise. People are excluded because of race, how clearly do I need to explain this for you? There are many reasons for this, the fact however remains: you as norwegian and I as an englishman have a much easier time to move to sweden than a polish woman for example, both officailly and socially. That's just the way it is I beleive both the polish lady and I accept this.

If you feel the need to retort please do me a favour and answer me with a well thought out argument rather than just saying I don't know what I'm talking about, I can accept being proved wrong but have a much harder time accepting unsupported arrogance.

I agree to some of what you are saying, but I'm refering to this:
(and north america because although not european they are white at least)

Don't make this a black and white thread, because the thread is about voting rights for ILLEGAL immigrants.

Should illegal IMMIGRANTS be allowed top vote only if they are black???

Why should illegal IMMIGRANTS gets equal rights a LEGAL immigrants??
+
Roger O. Thornhill
post 23.Feb.2007, 05:51 PM
Post #124

QUOTE (Bad Neger Espen)
No... More like own laws. (This thread is about illegal immigrants??)
The world isn't just black and white, so you better not use your "racist" argument as long as you don't know what your talking about.
Do you know what cultural exchange is???

When one runs out of logic, always charge racism.
+
FR
post 23.Feb.2007, 10:55 PM
Post #125

QUOTE (Bad Neger Espen)
Don't make this a black and white thread, because the thread is about voting rights for ILLEGAL immigrants.

Should illegal IMMIGRANTS be allowed top vote only if they are black???

Why should illegal IMMIGRANTS gets equal rights a LEGAL immigrants??

Should LEGAL immigrants get the right to vote? No! Only citizens of a country should get the right to vote, whether they were born in the country, naturalized or whatever.
+
FR
post 23.Feb.2007, 10:58 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (Lucien Grey)
"A state in a state" could you possibly mean like a group of immimgrants in a swedish speaking country getting together and complaining about immigration in english, on an english speaking website, where even job ads are provided in a language which is not the countries official language.

Swedes in Wisconsin. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Bunch of immigrant Swedes complaining about Wisconsin.
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 23.Feb.2007, 11:24 PM
Post #127

QUOTE (Lucien Grey)
...on an english speaking website, where even job ads are provided in a language which is not the countries official language.
Psst - Sweden does not have an official language at the moment. (I dont think)
+
Craptastical
post 24.Feb.2007, 12:34 AM
Post #128

QUOTE (.braderunner)
QUOTE (Lucien Grey)
...on an english speaking website, where even job ads are provided in a language which is not the countries official language.
Psst - Sweden does not have an official language at the moment. (I dont think)

You are correct:

QUOTE ([url)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_langu...Official_status[/url]]Swedish in Sweden is considered the "main language" and its use is officially recommended for local and state government, but not actually enforced by law.
+
Cheryl Johnson
post 7.Mar.2007, 03:16 AM
Post #129

Cheryl. You got it right!

Sweden is too innocent to react to reality, and is generally too trustworthy to a fault.
I am afraid there are hard lessons to be learned here.
I don't want Sweden to become like the "immigrant" countries.
It is too small, and can easily be changed, and lose it's culture and values.

This past month, in California, we have Bank of America giving credit loans to illegal immigrants and we have a food restaurant accepting foreign money and more Latino community businesses are wanting to follow. Everything is in Spanish to accommodate them, they can get benefits and now bank loans all the while they are illegal immigrants. Now it is their own money. Because they are considered minorities they get special privileges and accommodations. They fly their own flags from the countries they come from. HELLO! GET A CLUE?
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 7.Mar.2007, 04:06 AM
Post #130

Seems like a crack in the melting pot/kettle... laugh.gif
+
post 7.Mar.2007, 05:03 AM
Post #131

or just crack.

are you up early for the seal hunt?
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 7.Mar.2007, 07:23 AM
Post #132

Ya... but this timw it was 2 kids jumping up and down in their beds... :? :wink:
+
FR
post 7.Mar.2007, 01:08 PM
Post #133

QUOTE (Cheryl Johnson)
Cheryl. You got it right!

Sweden is too innocent to react to reality, and is generally too trustworthy to a fault.
I am afraid there are hard lessons to be learned here.
I don't want Sweden to become like the "immigrant" countries.
It is too small, and can easily be changed, and lose it's culture and values.

This past month, in California, we have Bank of America giving credit loans to illegal immigrants and we have a food restaurant accepting foreign money and more Latino community businesses are wanting to follow. Everything is in Spanish to accommodate them, they can get benefits and now bank loans all the while they are illegal immigrants. Now it is their own money. Because they are considered minorities they get special privileges and accommodations. They fly their own flags from the countries they come from. HELLO! GET A CLUE?

Hello, get a clue. Some of CA is within 75 miles of an international border. According to NAFTA rules, US dollars are accepted within 75 miles of the border within Mexico and pesos are accepted within 75 miles of the border within the US.

Any foreigner can get a loan from an international bank such as Bank of America, Citigroup or any other. The bank is a private institution and can lend money to whoever it pleases.

California used to be in Mexico. Why did the US force everyone to learn English in the first place. Shouldn't Spanish be preserved as the heritage of the region?
+
Mike
post 7.Mar.2007, 01:13 PM
Post #134

QUOTE (FR)
California used to be in Mexico. Why did the US force everyone to learn English in the first place. Shouldn't Spanish be preserved as the heritage of the region?

The US doesn't have an official language and doesn't force anyone to speak anything. All federal forms are available in a variety of languages.
+
FR
post 7.Mar.2007, 01:17 PM
Post #135

QUOTE (Mike)
The US doesn't have an official language and doesn't force anyone to speak anything. All federal forms are available in a variety of languages.

And that's just the way it should be. Cheryl, however, is complaining at the loss of English in California. Considering that Spanish used to be the official language of California under Mexico, she has little to complain about. Spanish was lost, by force or whatever. So what, all languages are lost in the end. Embrace change.
+

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: