The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Are you a love refugee, what's your story?

Help me with my project on love in Sweden

Petalpusher
post 5.Aug.2009, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Hey all,
I know tons of you ended up in Sweden because of a love and may or may not still be with them today. I am collecting stories, to be posted on my blog, of them. They don't have to be some happy go lucky stuff, it's the reality; break-up, divorces, widowing, children are all part of the Swedish life when someone comes here.

What I would love is for anyone to contact me and give me a introduction. We can set up an interview in person (if you're in Stockholm) or online. Photos and videos that you would like to share would also be great.

People I am looking for:
- Expats who moved to Sweden and still reside with a Swede
- Expats who moved to Sweden and are separated by divorce or some other means
- Expats who moved to Sweden and have children and may or may not be separated
- Swedes who have an expat SO and are still together
- Swedes who separated/divorced from their expat SO

This will hopefully become a large collection of stories and understandings of how Swedish love and life works.

For those interested, post any comments here with information and I can DM or head to the blog post on love refugees and write in a comment (with your real email).

Thanks all!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
7/1
post 5.Aug.2009, 12:23 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Petalpusher @ 5.Aug.2009, 11:50 AM) *
Hey all, I know tons of you ended up in Sweden because of a love and may or may not still be with them today. I am collecting stories, to be posted on my blog, of them. They ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Tokig Loki @ 5.Aug.2009, 12:21 PM) *
Hi!I was recently made unemployed after working a 6 month trial period and my a-kassa has been less than helpful, to put it mildly.In 2007 I was made unemployed after work ... (show full quote)

I came to Sweden because of the love and we have 3 kids but thanks God we still with eachother and soon very soon we are moving back to our country.
+
Streja
post 5.Aug.2009, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Why should we give out such personal information? What's in it for us? Will we get money?
+
Dick Swinger
post 5.Aug.2009, 12:57 PM
Post #4

I would describe myself more of a sexplorer.
+
ewsevol
post 5.Aug.2009, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Oh, giving out stories should be all right. But need to be more careful about photos and videos. Because that's just will get too personal. Maybe someone can form some sort of love migrants community that people can meet up. Not sure why using the words love refugee here? Good luck!
+
lossantos67
post 5.Aug.2009, 02:43 PM
Post #6

agrees..no way i send pics or vids so they can be published on some unknown website.lmao so what are u willing to pay for a story? tongue.gif
+
chima_arsenal
post 5.Aug.2009, 02:50 PM
Post #7

Am guessin no one will be willing to give out stories. Just make up stories, they will all be true.
+
Petalpusher
post 5.Aug.2009, 04:02 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (ewsevol @ 5.Aug.2009, 03:07 PM) *
Oh, giving out stories should be all right. But need to be more careful about photos and videos. Because that's just will get too personal. Maybe someone can form some sor ... (show full quote)

I didn't realize that in a country where the government knows and controls everything you do, sharing a photo of your house or dog or whatever would be "too personal." tongue.gif

QUOTE (lossantos67 @ 5.Aug.2009, 03:43 PM) *
agrees..no way i send pics or vids so they can be published on some unknown website.lmao so what are u willing to pay for a story? tongue.gif

Sorry, I don't pay for the stories. smile.gif

QUOTE (chima_arsenal @ 5.Aug.2009, 03:50 PM) *
Am guessin no one will be willing to give out stories. Just make up stories, they will all be true.

HAHAHA.
+
Stüpid
post 5.Aug.2009, 04:46 PM
Post #9

You can do one thing for free. Shuffle/ google all thelocal.se pages.

I am sure you will find many stories hidden.
What is your intention actually. For whom is this useful?
For your happiness?
I can guarantie one thing. None will help you except yourself.

Petalpusher keep pushing all the petals(pages).
+
Eric Cantona
post 5.Aug.2009, 04:49 PM
Post #10

Love? I came for the weather, cheap beer, low taxes and openly warm locals.

And a love of ABBA.
+
Nicole?Pappa?
post 5.Aug.2009, 05:35 PM
Post #11

Always amazes me how each time a Brit moves abroad they are called expats, but when a foreigner goes to Britain they are immigrants angry.gif
+
Donato Tagliano
post 5.Aug.2009, 05:56 PM
Post #12

Personal information to provide you write a book and drive traffic to your site, generate revenue etc. How much are you willing to pay?
+
Kaethar
post 5.Aug.2009, 09:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Nicole?Pappa? @ 5.Aug.2009, 06:35 PM) *
Always amazes me how each time a Brit moves abroad they are called expats, but when a foreigner goes to Britain they are immigrants angry.gif

An expatriate is someone who only temporarily moves overseas. Now with EU and Schengen definitions get trickier. But usually the difference is temporary residence vs. permanent residence. Once you become a permanent resident outside your home country you become an immigrant.

And yes, Brits for the most part tend to be expats whilst many moving to the UK claim permanent residency as immigrants. That's where it comes from. wink.gif
+
David S
post 5.Aug.2009, 09:28 PM
Post #14

I think I can speak for many love refugees when I say ...

And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed! - Miracle Max, The Princess Bride.
+
Petalpusher
post 6.Aug.2009, 09:30 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Stüpid @ 5.Aug.2009, 05:46 PM) *
You can do one thing for free. Shuffle/ google all thelocal.se pages. I am sure you will find many stories hidden. What is your intention actually. For whom is this useful?For ... (show full quote)

I have actually and there a lot of people on the forum who are "love refugees" but unless they would like to share their story, I'm not going to force anyone.

My happiness? That has nothing to do with the project. It's an attempt to collect stories that others can relate to. If you don't want to share your story and what you wished you learned about Sweden, then that's your prerogative.

QUOTE (Eric Cantona @ 5.Aug.2009, 05:49 PM) *
Love? I came for the weather, cheap beer, low taxes and openly warm locals. . And a love of ABBA.

Wait, I came here for the cheap vodka. I think someone lied to me though.

QUOTE (Nicole?Pappa? @ 5.Aug.2009, 06:35 PM) *

Of course, they're Brits. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Donato Tagliano @ 5.Aug.2009, 06:56 PM) *
Personal information to provide you write a book and drive traffic to your site, generate revenue etc. How much are you willing to pay?

Unfortunately, as I said before I cannot pay. So if you want money, this isn't the way to go.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: