The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Im popping down to ASDA/Tesco

Can I get you anything?

hjoian
post 8.Oct.2009, 07:06 PM
Post #1

That time of year again.Sorry i cant shop for the entire expat community,but out of interest,if i get get you one item only,what would it be?
Go to the top of the page
+
emz10
post 8.Oct.2009, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Haa, hollands cheese pie will do lolol
+
Mesost
post 8.Oct.2009, 09:40 PM
Post #3

yeah me too. Hollands Cheese Pie.
+
emz10
post 8.Oct.2009, 09:42 PM
Post #4

I never ever thought I would miss it!! I am soooo craving it!! Lucky I have my parents here in a couple of weeks with a suitcase full of 'things i miss' haa smile.gif)
+
entry
post 9.Oct.2009, 01:47 AM
Post #5

I always loved the 910g jars of Vegemite that I mail ordered from Texas. I just looked online and Tesco seems to only have the little jars... and I can get them at The English Shop in Göteborg.

The things I miss I seem to miss less and less.

It is however, really cool of you to offer to bring back supplies.
+
Essingen
post 9.Oct.2009, 08:33 AM
Post #6

Don't buy me anything. Just try and persuade them to open up a trial store in Stockholm.
+
dahlin
post 9.Oct.2009, 08:38 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (entry @ 9.Oct.2009, 01:47 AM) *
I always loved the 910g jars of Vegemite that I mail ordered from Texas. I just looked online and Tesco seems to only have the little jars... and I can get them at The English Shop in Göteborg.

I recently discovered Vegemite on the shelves at ICA Focus !!! nearly fell over ! they were the small jars however.
+
DidiE
post 9.Oct.2009, 08:54 AM
Post #8

Okay, don't laugh. I love the cheapo lurid women's confession mags that go for like, 60 p. The word puzzles are set to the lowest possible intelligence that still allows for reading, so I whiz through them and feel extremely clever. Whenever I'm passing through Heathrow I load up.
+
entry
post 9.Oct.2009, 10:14 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (dahlin @ 9.Oct.2009, 09:38 AM) *
I recently discovered Vegemite on the shelves at ICA Focus !!! nearly fell over ! they were the small jars however.

Very interesting. This morning I will be talking to one of the managers at ICA Maxi so I can have my annual two turkeys reserved for next month's Thanksgiving meal(OMG turkey is expensive in this country). I think I will ask them about vegemite too.
+
Sheila Craig
post 9.Oct.2009, 10:17 AM
Post #10

Three things please, sorry I am being greedy...Malt vinegar, Bisto gravy granules and Self Raising flour. I cannot understand why it is not possible to buy that vinegar here as there appears to be every other type.
+
BrittInSweden
post 9.Oct.2009, 10:23 AM
Post #11

2 things for me please. Black and white pepper. Not the pepper seeds you have to grind but the pepper you put in a pepper shaker next to the table salt smile.gif
+
Princess P
post 9.Oct.2009, 12:02 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (entry @ 9.Oct.2009, 11:14 AM) *
Very interesting. This morning I will be talking to one of the managers at ICA Maxi so I can have my annual two turkeys reserved for next month's Thanksgiving meal(OMG tur ... (show full quote)

Up the E20 from you, in my neck of the woods, is an amazing turkey farm where you can buy them direct. We had one last Christmas and it was the best turkey I have ever had. Shout if you want the details.
+
Plowbridge
post 9.Oct.2009, 12:06 PM
Post #13

The much depended on Taylor and Jones butchers get their turkey's from a Småland based farmer. I can recommend highly.
+
entry
post 9.Oct.2009, 12:11 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Princess P @ 9.Oct.2009, 01:02 PM) *
Up the E20 from you, in my neck of the woods, is an amazing turkey farm where you can buy them direct. We had one last Christmas and it was the best turkey I have ever had. ... (show full quote)

Thank you Princess P. I am pretty sure the meat manager at Ica Maxi gets the turkeys from the local farm. He would actually prefer that I bought direct instead of from him. They also supply the shop Saluhallen. I kind of like getting my turkeys from Ica Maxi because they are so close and my fridge is so small. This morning I ordered two turkeys of 6kg or more for pickup on the 25th of November so we can have our meal on Saturday the 28th of November.

We have been thinking of purchasing a second fridge or freezer but something more important always pops up.

Thanks again smile.gif
+
Princess P
post 9.Oct.2009, 12:42 PM
Post #15

I got a bit mixed up when ordering mine. Converting from lbs to kilos threw me. I ended up with a 20kg monster.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: