The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for a Wilhelm

Wilhelm Wu..? New Years Day..

TeeLV
post 12.Jan.2010, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I need all your’s help, guys!.. I know that threads like that mostly get looked at sideways, but I don’t know where else to post this quite frankly. I am a girl from Las Vegas (originally from Russia but have been living here for the last 12 years) and I am looking for a Swedish guy named Wilhelm (at least that’s what his name was he told me) last name stating with Wu or Vu.. it sounded like that but the U sound was quite difficult to pronounce. I even tried it few times but failed and we both had a good laugh at it )).

I met him on New Years day at a local club here in Las Vegas. He flew in for New Years Eve and stayed in Vegas for few days and was going to Peru next with his friends. I had great time with him and I feel that we sort of connected to some degree.. greater than what I was treating it as at the time. Unfortunately I had to go rather fast because my girlfriends were looking for me and we didn’t get to exchange phone #s or any information. Quite frankly I thought at the time that we both were looking at it as what we though it was just a momentary fling, as he was to return back home where he is a student studying Finance (that’s as much as I know about him) I think in Stockholm (can be wrong).. and I was to stay here and continue my life as it was.

The only problem is that I can’t seem to be able to continue my life as it was. I’ve been thinking about him since we parted. The biggest thing that I feel bad about is that I left in such a rush that we weren’t even able to say proper good bye or anything. Makes me feel like I acted as though my experience with him was bad, which it completely was not.

I know he is 25 (I am 31 but look his age), and for him it was just a meaningless thing, but his words (afterwards..) “I wish I had a girl like you” stayed in my head. I don’t know why he said it. Maybe it was just what guys do.. just something to say. I keep telling myself that, but down in my heart I keep hoping that it was more than that. I said to him “You will meet a lot more girls like me”.. and he said that strange “Yeah..” that lacked almost any inflection ..I wish I’d tell him something else.. But what else do you say to a 25 year old tourist from Sweden…

Before leaving I wrote down my number on the scratch pad and when I came out from the bathroom I decided that it’s stupid to leave him my # as we will never see each other and crumbled the paper up and threw it away (I was still tipsy and not thinking too sharp).. I am not sure if he seen me do it or not.

He asked me to stay and sleep with him so we could “finish” in the morning… but I had to go. He asked me this 3 times, but I am not sure that it was not because of him just being too tired and not wanting to deal with driving me to my car right than and there.

Either way it goes I feel that he was special to me, and that I was just too inebriated to see it at the time. All I want is to find him to tell him that I am sorry for leaving that soon and that even if he seen it as just a overnight fling during his trip to US, I just still wanted him to know that he was special and that I had great time and that I am sorry that I didn’t tell it to him then. I am not expecting anything from a young guy like him; it would be silly and unfair to both of us. I just think I owe it to myself to relay to him that I am not an easy do-it-all-the-time kind of girl (it really was an exception for me) and that he meant something for me even if in a very non-committal sense.

My question (and I am sorry for such a long winded post) is how does one go about looking for a 25 year old student in Sweden. I know the country is small, there must be some ways to find a young person in there… I’d appreciate any ideas.

Also reading about Swedes being their certain particular reserved way.. is what I am about to try to do crazy in their view?? How will it be perceived, in terms of their cultural values being at work? I know they don’t like talking to strangers… but is this considered the same? We are practically strangers… but yet not quite.. Please help. Am I going of the deep end here, or am I not completely off base to try to contact him. After all what’s the harm in telling someone that they are special and left an impression??

I thank anybody with any viable suggestion in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 13.Jan.2010, 12:42 AM
Post #2

If you are genuine you don't have a lot to go on - there are almost 34,000 Wilhelms in Sweden - you could try
http://www.birthday.se/sok/
http://www.ratsit.se/BC/Search.aspx

But it's strange that there seems to be a lot of this about - just a few months ago someone was looking for a guy they met in Las Vegas - Stilen wink.gif

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...p;hl=Las++Vegas
+
TeeLV
post 13.Jan.2010, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Hi, Piffin! I Really appreciate your response. Yes I am absolutely genuine, just doubtful about my ability to find him and the sanity of it all. You know sometimes you just can get caught up...

I appreciate your suggestions and will look into them. I know that Wilhelm is a common name. That's what seems to be the issue.. feels like maybe he either game me a fake name or his middle name, which I read is common to be used as first among Swedes.

I also seen the "Stilen" post. I wonder if it is by any chance the same guy...)).. Oh god that would be weird.. and embarrassing. I think I'll post a description of him there and see if the original posted responds.

I also read that many male tourists just say that they are from Sweden but majority are in fact not from there.. so who knows. All this is surely disheartening, because I was 100% genuine with him and and am not seeking him for any malicious reasons now.
+
post 13.Jan.2010, 12:58 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (TeeLV @ 13.Jan.2010, 12:52 AM) *
I also seen the "Stilen" post.

*smells troll
+
TeeLV
post 13.Jan.2010, 01:08 AM
Post #5

007, of course I did. I read every post about people looking for people in Sweden that I could find. It's only natural. When I read that that Stilen guy was in Vegas it did make me think.. I mean what if it is the same tourist just going around giving girls fake names when he comes here.. I don't know how to not sound like a troll when talking about it. I am just being me.
+
TeeLV
post 13.Jan.2010, 03:23 AM
Post #6

Come on, guys! Help me out. Many of you I am sure have a good knowledge of Sweden (better than mine at least considering I have none at all) and what their young population is into. I am even considering giving an ad somewhere. I mean I really want to let this guys know what he means 2 me. Is there any forums that 25 year old students would frequent? Anything specific about where I can get the info out where he has a chance of seeing it? Newspapers are pretty much out i think since young people do not really read them (I don't). What about radio stations? I mean even if he doesn't hear it what if his friends do an tell him. I'd even be OK w that. lol I am going all in here. I know there are a lot of smart professionals on this board, there is no way no one has any clever suggestions. I am not a troll I promise.
+
Localer
post 13.Jan.2010, 09:59 AM
Post #7

you best bet is google on Facebook...good luck !
+
tomdeuchar
post 13.Jan.2010, 11:16 AM
Post #8

Sorry no constructive advice as to how to find Wilhelm...sounds like a good story he has constructed though. "Only here for the night and off to Peru next day." Good attempt at a bit of no strings, your best bet is searching Las Vegas, he is probably still in the city somewhere working in a burger bar.
+
mazz
post 13.Jan.2010, 04:14 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Localer @ 13.Jan.2010, 09:59 AM) *
you best bet is google on Facebook...good luck !

I agree if you search him by first name and enter network (sweden) at least you will have a photo displayed as a reference,could be a few hours in front of the computer though. good luck
+
TeeLV
post 13.Jan.2010, 09:24 PM
Post #10

I appreciate all your help guys. I did try Facebook and Myspace. Don't see him there.. which is somewhat odd, right?

But at Tom said and now looking back (many things he said didn't add up as I am recalling it all now and looking at it more objectively) he was probably just a dushbag with some poorly developed story that is designed 2 work on drunk chicks. Oh well. I guess I shouldn't feel bad for leaving on him "like a man". At least now he got the taste of his own medicine.))
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: