The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Children's playgournd GRAVEL!

Beef
post 12.May.2006, 08:32 AM
Post #16

Thanks for the feedback. As I suspected this gravel thing seems to be particularly Swedish! My son is also two. Dirt is cool. but continuous cuts and grazes with combined with gravel is not.

If Markbase is watching and has kids maybe he can petition the Swedish Government!
Go to the top of the page
+
Alice Is Back
post 12.May.2006, 08:37 AM
Post #17

I thought in Sweden they were real strict with safety like in the States. You should see how they throw caution to the wind in Germany.

Germany is great for powerful over-the-counter drugs compared to the States. Those cold medications will really knock you off your feet. Just a tip for those in Southern Sweden.
+
*(capital B) Blondie, Tl F*
post 12.May.2006, 08:47 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Aaron_in_indiana)
sorry i did not realize your child was 2, i thought he or she would of been a bit older. At my elementary school we just had dirt more or less in the playground for better or worse.
hey you wen't to know no wories :wink:
+
Rachel F
post 12.May.2006, 08:58 AM
Post #19

Beef, is it actually gravel that your little chap is playing in? Maybe the gravel is on paths etc but usually there is bark, sand or that squidgy tarmac stuff next to anything that small people are likely to fall from.

My children look postively feral every day when I collect them and it is the combination of running around on the grass and then playing in the sand pit - combine that with a runny nose and you get the picture. Sometimes I pretend they're not mine as I hunt around for a less disgusting one to take home but they all look like they're Brasilian street children, albeit well fed ones.

My entire apartment is covered in a thin layer of sand. It's like living in a building site, but without the mugs of sugary tea and butt cleavages.
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 12.May.2006, 09:07 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Aaron_in_indiana)
Germany is great for powerful over-the-counter drugs compared to the States. Those cold medications will really knock you off your feet. Just a tip for those in Southern Sweden.
Whoah...so if Germany sells things OTC much better than the States OTC...and the States sells things OTC much better than Sweden does by perscription...

Wow...a solution to the problem with the Swedish medical system...let them go to Germay to get medicine... :wink:
+
Alice Is Back
post 12.May.2006, 09:11 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Jason aka Bladerunner)
Whoah...so if Germany sells things OTC much better than the States OTC...and the States sells things OTC much better than Sweden does by perscription...

Wow...a solution to the problem with the Swedish medical system...let them go to Germay to get medicine... :wink:

A link just for you http://www.scandlines.se/SEFront/Front_SE :wink:

or pick up something powerful at Frankfurt airport
+
Sparky
post 12.May.2006, 01:55 PM
Post #22

we've got some of that rubber stuff here in Fruängen, but only little patches under the more dangerous swings. Most people here were rather suspicious of it.
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 12.May.2006, 03:49 PM
Post #23

Yes - people in Sweden seem to be scared of rubbers...
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: