The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Children massage teacher

Mattfrack
post 30.May.2006, 03:08 PM
Post #46

Not that I condone this type of teaching method. But why is eveyone so angry about this? Since when did a massage have anything to do with being a pedophile? Massages are not a sexual act, in fact where I work we have a residential masseur who is available for those with back and muscular problems. Should I call this person a sexual predator for massaging 20 people a day. Come on guys and gals don't be so prude!
Go to the top of the page
+
Sir Wobbly Camel
post 30.May.2006, 03:15 PM
Post #47

I think the difference is that a residential masseuse is a professional whose job is to perform this task.

Schools do not have this to the best of my knowledge - and even if they did, they do not exist in the form of 11 year pupils who massage the teacher while he is playing computer games.

I think there is a pretty clear distinction here...
+
Mattfrack
post 30.May.2006, 03:27 PM
Post #48

As I said before I do not condone his teaching methods. The thing I don't understand is why everybody on this thread has to take a massage as something to do with a sexual act and being a pedophile. My teachers made me write lines, sit in 2 hours of detention, clean the locker rooms, etc. And I'm not exactly qualified for that or getting an education from it either. I think people are overreacting just a teeny weeny bit :?
+
*(capital B) Blondie, Tl F*
post 30.May.2006, 03:33 PM
Post #49

because there is a time and a place for such things (massage) and the classroom is definately not one of them especially to your'e teacher!
+
Mattfrack
post 30.May.2006, 03:58 PM
Post #50

Again I know I seem to be repeating myself but read what I write now very carefully- I do not condone his teaching methods. I know massaging teachers is not really educational or suitable. But why is everyone relating massages to sexual acts?
+
*(capital B) Blondie, Tl F*
post 30.May.2006, 04:05 PM
Post #51

i'm not,, what i said was that it is not something that a pupil should be doing to their teacher, i'm all for massage i give and recieve them myself but in the right enviroment not i repeat not to a teacher in school that is the point we are making clear enough for you now!?
+
*Cali*
post 30.May.2006, 04:08 PM
Post #52

My Swede tells me that when he was in school they had "health days" during which the students would learn about health-related issues such as massage. They'd practice on each other, the students in one class would massage the students in another class, etc, and maybe someone would massage the teacher on that day. He's been to four different schools and says he's never heard of anything like massaging the teacher while he plays computer games. There's definitely something wrong with that.
+
Maria A
post 30.May.2006, 04:36 PM
Post #53

Can you really report him for these massages? Sounds really wierd though. I think you should have a serious chat with the teacher himself.
+
Mattfrack
post 30.May.2006, 07:25 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (blondie)
i'm not,, what i said was that it is not something that a pupil should be doing to their teacher, i'm all for massage i give and recieve them myself but in the right enviroment not i repeat not to a teacher in school that is the point we are making clear enough for you now!?

Very clear, it was always clear, I completely agree with you that was not my question but nevermind. My point was that people are so quick to judge on this thread it's frightening.

A point to the mother and father of this pupil: Did you go and talk to the teacher? Sometimes it's good to get their point of view before going to the powers that be. Unconventianal teaching methods do actually work for some youths. Have you ever seen Dead Poets Society biggrin.gif

If my teacher had taught me to massage well instead of writing lines maybe I would give my fiancee a few massages afterwork instead of turning on the TV and watch Dr Phil! laugh.gif
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 30.May.2006, 07:31 PM
Post #55

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on here - my suspicious side says that it smells a little trollish, but I think there may also be a slight language barrier. I'm thinking English is not Nzem's first language.

Nzem, what sort of school is this? Is it a regular Swedish school or is this a private school that you send your child to?

If there is something going on that your daughter is uncomfortable with, you need to make very clear to the school administration that you do not want your daughter participating and that you will pursue legal action, possibly in the form of a criminal complaint, if it continues. (Unless you think that there is reason to believe that it is abuse, rather than a bad, lazy teacher, in which case, file a complaint now.) I think you should also schedule a day to observe what's going on in the classroom and make clear to the administration that you will drop in on occasion and check on your daughter. You may also want to talk to a lawyer and find out what options you have as far as changing your child's school, what rights you have to insist that your child not participate in certain activities, etc.
+
*Hawk. Eddie Would Go.*
post 5.Jun.2006, 02:03 AM
Post #56

QUOTE (Nzem)
Hello, I had a discussion with the rektor where my daughter goes to school (not a real one though) and I asked her why the teacher regularly forces his pupils to massage him (especially when he is playing computer games). The rektor who was first surprised, finished by telling me that it's usual in Sweden for pupils and techers to massage each other. But in this case, the children massage the teacher (they don't massage each other).
I remember some recent raping articles on the Local.

For those of you with children, is it true that this practice is spread all around Sweden?

RED FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
+
*Lifelover*
post 5.Jun.2006, 09:29 AM
Post #57

QUOTE (Mattfrack)
Very clear, it was always clear, I completely agree with you that was not my question but nevermind. My point was that people are so quick to judge on this thread it's frightening.

A point to the mother and father of this pupil: Did you go and talk to the teacher? Sometimes it's good to get their point of view before going to the powers that be. Unconventianal teaching methods do actually work for some youths. Have you ever seen Dead Poets Society biggrin.gif

If my teacher had taught me to massage well instead of writing lines maybe I would give my fiancee a few massages afterwork instead of turning on the TV and watch Dr Phil! laugh.gif

Well i m 25 male,and might be for all there it has less importance or more but good to see lot of ppl are concerned abt it. I am replying to this discussion not because i wanted to be in discussion but this has opened my wounds. I was abused by my teacher in a similar way when i was just 6 years old. and i know how it all effected me. Well concluding that this massage will lead to sex or not is not the point. Saving some innocent soul should be. And i beleive Prevention is better than cure and some wounds have no cure for lifetime. So dont say go for it or dont go for it. I will say Just do anything u can to protect ur child. Dont let her be me. Please...
+
Sparky
post 5.Jun.2006, 11:08 AM
Post #58

My daughter (5) and her friends massage each other at dagis when they are resting after lunch, but that is not the same thing as what is being described here. Forcing eleven year-olds to massage the teacher while he plays computer games? Seriously? Thats aftonbladet front page material, and not, repeat not, acceptable. If true, of course. We might all be getting the wrong end of the stick here. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: