The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

English kids books / videos / DVDs - where to get?

Stewart
post 13.Aug.2006, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Hi all - recently moved to Stockholm with my young family. Does anyone know if there is anywhere to buy childrens books etc in English? I have kids almost 2 and 4 years - and had to leave the bulk of our books back in Australia for space reasons. Really appreciate any advice... thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Jules
post 13.Aug.2006, 12:13 PM
Post #2

just oreder them from amazon.co.uk
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 13.Aug.2006, 05:00 PM
Post #3

You can find books for children in english here:

http://www.englishshop.se/

Stockholm
Phone: 08-640 44 04
E-mail: stockholm@englishshop.se
Open: Mon-Wed 10.00-18.00; Thur-Fri 10.00-19.00; Sat 10.00-16.00; Sun 12.00-16.00. Please note we are closed on Sundays during the summer until mid-August
Address: The English Shop
Sِderhallarna
Medborgarplatsen
118 26 Stockholm

Or many normal bookshops have plenty of books in english for kids.

Another cheaper, though higher maintenance
option is the public library as they have many childrens books in english (thank god, as i'm almost back upto date with Harry Potter because of this).

Good luck.
+
Puffin
post 13.Aug.2006, 05:07 PM
Post #4

You can get English childrens' books/story tapes/CDs online in Sweden as well from:

http://www.akademibokhandeln.se/db/caweb/cc_start.abg

www.adlibris.se

The akademibokhandeln in Uppsala also has a section for foreign language children's book as well as a hugs range of books for grown ups in English. They also have a selection of Swedish children's books translated into English so it's a good chance to introduce your children to Pippi, Emil, Mummins and the fruit people in the Elsa beskow books.

I also found that books/CDs/DVDs etc were a popular birthday and christmas gift from relatives abroad (easy to post) so you might also keep a list of anything speacial you want.
+
Stewart
post 14.Aug.2006, 08:50 AM
Post #5

Thanks everyone for their suggestions - I have ordered some already through Amazon and I live not far from Medborgplatsen, so I will take a visit today. Will also try those other two website sellers - thanks!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: