The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

School kids strike

Streja
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:40 PM
Post #16

That's really bad shoshto..I can assure you manye times I have wondered what the hell I was doing there teaching...but now I am in a lovely place and the students are older and nice. I haven't got any bad ones. it's lovely. smile.gif I can concentrate on becoming a better teacher instead of being a policewoman in the classroom that noone respects anyway.

I was once called puta by a kid who was not evn in my class, he just looked into this little extra room we had for studying, and said puta to me. In Spanish! In Sweden! He made the effort of coming there to say it and finding out what it was called in Spanish.
I told the kid's form teacher (the ones responsible for his class) and he promised to make the kid apologise but he never did...very slack i thought!
Go to the top of the page
+
HALE
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:52 PM
Post #17

Time for good old fashioned disciplined private girls school.

Let's throw in some school uniforms at the same time so we don't have to deal with the "poppi-lotzi" wears prada routine.
+
Nuname
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:52 PM
Post #18

I'd have been killed if I'd done something like that at school.
I'd have had a bollocking from the teacher, my form teacher, the headmaster & my parents.

To not even get an apology is unbelievable. You should have gone back to the form tutor Streja.
+
Shostokovich
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:55 PM
Post #19

Form tutors and principles are scared I think..

In Sweden the prob started when in the 60´s they decided not challenging the child´s intellect by opressing his creativity.

To educate is a positive thing, and some parents do not get it.
+
Lav
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:55 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Streja)
Lav, I'm a teacher and I can say that most of the BOYS that act this way are not discriminated against in grading, they get low grades for a reason. Usually (generally speaking) the girls care more about their grades and put in the extra work that is needed. The boys only think about looking cool and talkig to their friends in class. Of course there are boys who get high grades as well, but usually they are considered to be geeks by the other boys and are not popular.

I have some experience on this from working five years teaching the same age group as the report talked about.

Streja in this very news paper recently was a report, that research had proven what was suspected, that whilst boys achieve equally as good marks in the State Tests, their gradings do not reflect this.
+
HALE
post 15.Dec.2006, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Forgot the boys...file a criminal charge against them at the police station and make the parents bail them out.

But then again...maybe in swedish police stations they equip them with playstations and do gooder social workers. Probably more fun for them.

Gotta get the parents on board and put the fear factor in them. If the kids have free reign I'm afraid it's chaos!
+
Shostokovich
post 15.Dec.2006, 04:02 PM
Post #22

Hale, is it ok for you the bulling?
+
HALE
post 15.Dec.2006, 04:24 PM
Post #23

Nope..no way.I have zero tolerance.
+
Survey Says . . . . .
post 15.Dec.2006, 04:45 PM
Post #24

Are there any adults left in Sweden? or just old children?

This article is another symptom of what happens when the family unit is traded in for day care. (Early child upbringing is watered down resulting in students who are confused and unsure how to be teenagers.)

In Sweden of course you don't have the choice but to hand your babies over to be raised by strangers for 8-10 hours per day. In the US there is a choice, but far to many choose to put their children low on the priority.
+
Shostokovich
post 15.Dec.2006, 04:47 PM
Post #25

Even if kids are growing up with extrangers, parents have the responsability of educating them day by day.

Another issue is what every individual considers as education, good education or bad education.
+
Lav
post 15.Dec.2006, 05:00 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Survey Says . . . . .)
Are there any adults left in Sweden? or just old children?

This article is another symptom of what happens when the family unit is traded in for day care. (Early child upbringing is watered down resulting in students who are confused and unsure how to be teenagers.)

In Sweden of course you don't have the choice but to hand your babies over to be raised by strangers for 8-10 hours per day. In the US there is a choice, but far to many choose to put their children low on the priority.

Survey, I read somewhere, that more than 90% of people in prison in the US came from single parent families.
+
Shostokovich
post 15.Dec.2006, 05:18 PM
Post #27

being a single parent would create a criminal person?
+
Lav
post 15.Dec.2006, 05:24 PM
Post #28

Well that was figure from research, no doubt it would also relate to the socio economic situation of the majority of single parents.
+
Streja
post 17.Dec.2006, 11:42 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Lav)
Streja in this very news paper recently was a report, that research had proven what was suspected, that whilst boys achieve equally as good marks in the State Tests, their gradings do not reflect this.

Contrary to what you think, state tests are not the only ways of grading a pupil...and where is thata rticle do you have a link?
In my experience, the boys do well in maths, and the girls do well in languages...those are the only state tests you get...there are plenty of other subjects with no state tests Lav...
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: