The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Studying & Workng in Sweden, how feasible?

*Afolabicrystal*
post 2.Jun.2006, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Hi All,

I am from outside of Sweden with admission to do an MSc in Blekinge Insttitute, Ronneby. I would like to know the employment prospect or likelyhood of getting a part-time job in Sweden while studying.

The visa would have a work permit (I suppose... yeah, it does..) so how easy or tasking is it to find job in Ronneby, Sweden.

Thankx
Go to the top of the page
+
Sir Wobbly Camel
post 2.Jun.2006, 02:13 PM
Post #2

A postal job perhaps?

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=3817&date=20060516

:wink:
+
Roger Choate
post 2.Jun.2006, 02:40 PM
Post #3

If you're getting a degree in Sweden, you should consider expanding your job possibilities beyond Ronninge, w hich is a relatively small town. This is particularly true if your degree and/or experience involves sectors where there are labor shortages.

Speaking Swedish is an advantage, though in labor-short sectors they'll probably be interested in you, anyway.

I notice (of course) that you addressed your mail in the English language. By far, England and Ireland generally offer the best possibilities for English-speaking immigrants with needed skills.

I hope this reply is helpful for you. As an American immigrant, I've lived in Sweden for many years.
+
*Afolabicrystal*
post 2.Jun.2006, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Thankx Roger,

Quite concise but directional. I have received suport and information from members of this group in less than 4 hours of joining that can help me in making an informed decision.
+
Roger Choate
post 2.Jun.2006, 03:17 PM
Post #5

I'm glad to hear that. I didn't address your immediate concern about gettiing some kind of job while you are studying. Doesn't the university and its (possible ) stipend suffice? There are of course black jobs, tho not necssarily in Ronninge. These jobs probably include restaurants and home service, i.e., cleaning people´s homes.
+
Leonard
post 2.Jun.2006, 03:34 PM
Post #6

If you don't speak Swedish your possibilities are limited. i just spent the last year in an international program. Foreign students with no Swedish skills found jobs in pizza places, the university library, delivering flyers and the university pub. Those are the only jobs in heard of. I did not find a job during school. i am currently work during the summer break in Sweden in my field of study (engineering). so good luck.
+
Borlange06v
post 2.Jun.2006, 04:31 PM
Post #7

people, how about in Borlange? is it bigger than Ronneby? how are working opportunities
+
Puffin
post 2.Jun.2006, 06:57 PM
Post #8

I have replied on one of the other forums where you have posted this
+
*Jbala*
post 2.Jun.2006, 08:31 PM
Post #9

Hi,

I live here in Ronneby and the talk I hear among international students is that there are no jobs here.

I strongly advise you to NOT count on the possibility of coming here and finding a job This is a very small town, and therefore English is not as well spoken as in big cities in Sweden. Thus your chances to find a job where you will speak English are even lower. Not to mention there is practically no industry here...

Anyways, didnt want to discourage you.. but I advise you to come to Sweden only if you do have the money the Migration Board demands you to have at your disposal when they process your visa.

If you don't, it is up to you to run the risk of being in trouble, because jobs here are very hard to get throughout the year, though you may have some chances of getting a summer job.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: