The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

identity card

*Mayfair*
post 27.Jun.2006, 09:01 AM
Post #1

Hi ,
My identity card from Sweden is going to expire soon. Does anyone know how to extend it and does the personal no. also expires once the identity card expires.

thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
post 27.Jun.2006, 09:29 AM
Post #2

just get it renewed. all numbers remain valid.

renew it before it expires, or you're left in a catch-22...no id to prove you're you to order a new card. and no card to use while waiting for the new one to be produced, which can take weeks...maybe longer during the holiday season.

the post office used to issue one, but it's so hard to find a post office these days...banks issue them too, or i know that handelsbanken does. bring a new photo.
+
Puffin
post 27.Jun.2006, 10:19 AM
Post #3

Just go and renew it - you can renew at banks and post offices.

Your personal number (based on your birthday + 4 digits) remains with you even if you don't renew it or have never had an id card
+
Andrew Robertson
post 27.Jun.2006, 10:44 AM
Post #4

Indeed,,,,,,,,the state 'assigns' a number to each newborn human 'unit'. Within minutes of birth the baby is tagged with his/her number before the parents have even recorded a given name with the registrar.

Oh lovely Sweden...land of the free.

Andrew xxx
+
Loveladette
post 27.Jun.2006, 12:00 PM
Post #5

I think Sweden's got a good system with the personal number, you 'carry' it with you all the time, so when you need to go and do something in the bank/ postoffice/taxoffice or wherever, you just tell them your number, unlike some countries where you have to bring loads of different documents to prove that you are you, like in England...
+
*Gothenburgmark*
post 28.Jun.2006, 11:49 AM
Post #6

if it expires, just use your passport, and get a person bevis. they will work fine to prove who you are until you get the new ID. Or better yet, get it renewed before it expires.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: