The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Anyone in Norrköping

*danielastanica*
post 8.Apr.2012, 11:33 AM
Post #31

Hello everybody, I am Dani, currently a student in Scotland-Aberdeen, and I am coming in Norrkoping this August as an Erasmus Student at Linkoping University. I will be living in Norrkoping.
Believe me, I am completely terrified by this change and I was actually almost to refuse the offer. I should stay for 5 months there, until middle of January.
My problem it's that opposed to all of you who are there with their boyfriends,mine it's going to remain in Scotland and we should live far away from each other for 5 months, which is scarry.
I have never been in Sweden before and I have no idea what to expect.I am now looking for anything which could encourage me to come in Norrkoping and make me realise that it's worthed leaving my boyfriend behind.
All of you were more interested in how to find a job and I couldn't really find a discussion which was answering my questions. I am rather interested in finding out how it's the life there, what opportunities does that city offers you or any nice things about Norrkoping and why someone should like living there.

I would really appreciate if someone can encourage me in any ways and also, if someone it's thinking that it's not worthed coming, to say it. Me and my boyfriend agreed that we should be fine living away for a while but also, that there are more chances in something going wrong and breaking up, than if I would continue living in Scotland with him.

I am sorry that I had to write a lot, but I've felt that my situation was a little bit different. If there are any other students here, it would be great to enter in contact with them. Anyway, anyone who can help me with any suggestions and describe me the life in Norrkoping,I would be really grateful to them because at this point my level of information about that city it's 0.I would also love making friends in advance, bucause I've got really scared when hearing that some of you found it difficult making friends there.

Many thanks,
Dani
Go to the top of the page
+
GroRez
post 18.Apr.2012, 08:32 PM
Post #32

Hello to you people of Norrköping!

Discovered a few days ago this forum, how nice to see there are english speaking people around here!

My name's Yoann, I'm a bit younger compared to you, 23,and it's been 2 years and a half now that I live in Sweden; started in Stockholm and came to Norrköping last October for my job.
I have to admit it was a bit hard to get through the winter here alone despite one friend I knew was from here, but since January I really started enjoying this city.

I live very close to Knäppingsborg, in front of the Black Lion Inn for those who know smile.gif It's very nice to live in the center, most of the bars are accessible within minutes smile.gif

Although now I really would like to meet some more people to hang out for couple beers! Now I live alone as my girlfriend is from Japan and her visa application to live with me is ongoing. Damn slow Migrationverket...

If you'd like to, contact me at yoann.prigent@gadz.org

cheers
+
*chrisdas79*
post 16.Jul.2012, 09:22 AM
Post #33

Hi Dani,

I moved to Sweden about a month back so I can totally understand your fear. I am in Norrkoping too. I moved here to be with my girlfriend. Its a quiet little town and it can be tricky to make Swedish friends. They are a little reserved - But they're by no means unfriendly. They just take time to warm up. Don't worry. Im sure you'll be fine. I will be glad to help out if you need some pointers or something - I could always ask my girlfriend smile.gif. I moved here from India so you can imagine the change in culture for me - but all in all, I'd say its a lovely place to be.

Hope you're not worrying too much.

Take care,
Chris
+
*eaor*
post 16.Jul.2012, 02:13 PM
Post #34

Hi Dani (and everyone else who is still in Norrköping),

Like you I am Scottish and moved to Norrköping in April to start a job. Ok it is not a cosmopolitan big city (I moved from Glasgow) but has pretty much everything you need on a daily basis. Also if you like outdoor activities or even just running there are great forests really close by. I have met people through work and also by joining a running club and swimming class but as with moving anywhere it takes a while to build a social network.

I would say you should definitely take the opportunity to experience life abroad and outside Scotland as it will widen your horizons. If you have any questions or need any help just let me know and would be happy to meet up although you might need to hold back on the Doric for a lowlander like me ;-)
+
deaninsweden
post 16.Jul.2012, 04:01 PM
Post #35

I am still here in NPKG but will be moving apartment in a few months. Happy to meet another Scot if you are ever at a loose end smile.gif or anyone else new for that matter. Know my way around this city fairly well now!

Cheers
+
comedia78
post 31.Jul.2013, 10:41 AM
Post #36

Hi,

I just got married to an english guy from York who moved here, Norrköping, in January. He loves life here but would love to meet other english people living here. Anyone feel like a beer or fika with us in either Norrköping or Linköping?
+
Raindear
post 8.Nov.2013, 11:24 PM
Post #37

Sounds good to me smile.gif
+
sherp
post 4.Feb.2014, 05:08 PM
Post #38

Hello everyone! Anyone else from this thread (or anyone else at all) still living in Norrk
+
Case officer
post 22.Jul.2015, 03:59 PM
Post #39

wrong forum.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: