The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   Reply to this topic

This site is a f**king joke!

Swedish news?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Jul.2016, 02:01 PM
Post #31

Let's face the facts...TheLocal is a successful enterprise...like it or not...

People come here and trash it and then say come to my new site it's better thanTheLocal...

That's crap, why not get a site going and politely invite us to visit...

You should not try to steal customers by saying that the product they enjoy is trash and yours is better...prove that you indeed are better, first...

"If you build it, they will come"
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 30.Jul.2016, 07:59 PM
Post #32

"TheLocal is a successful enterprise"

Really? How so? Maybe in the way MacDonald's is successful? Making money? Making people fat? Does that make it successful? Is it a good product? Or is it simply a sham?

If the local sold dog-"sh%t", and made money from it, is that (your idea of) success?

If what Savage says is true, re the "model", it only serves to speak volumes about the state enforced echo-box media "enterprise" in good ole Meatballia.

But what does this goodest country have to hide, that it becomes so treasonous to simply translate what happens in this fine example of a country, into a language people actually speak?

Kinda self-explanatory isn't it. The bigger the lies require even bigger lies ad infinitum. Can't go turning the lights on after decades upon decades of hiding in the shadows, now can we?

Very fitting for that one country that still thinks it is some kind of Imperial Powerhouse, trying to ride those centuries old coat-tails into glory.

Bahahahahahaha! A joke if there ever was one!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Jul.2016, 09:27 PM
Post #33

"TheLocal is a successful enterprise...like it or not..."

The statement stands as it is...nobody said you had to like what they do!!!

When your bottom line is black you are successful...

Otherwise why all the would be copy cats sniffing around!!!
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 31.Jul.2016, 07:38 AM
Post #34

Forgetting the puff pieces, the paid for articles and the many ads cluttering the front page (my adblock just blocked 26) we should judge TheLocal on the claim they make at the top left corner

"Sweden's news in English"

The local should be judged on how much Swedish news it presents, even if it is buried among the stuff that pays for the site.

My opinion is, it's a total failure!

Maybe we should suggest a new text that more accurately describes the site.

If only thelocal could be a fraction as informative as http://www.bangkokpost.com/ is for Expats in Thailand
+
thomuk2006
post 31.Jul.2016, 09:58 AM
Post #35

Website is shite... Read a decent news site and learn Swedish at the same time!... would recommend :

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/
http://www.dn.se/
http://www.svd.se/

http://www.gp.se/ (if you live near Gothenberg)
https://www.sydsvenskan.se/ (if you live in Skåne)
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 31.Jul.2016, 11:15 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (Savage @ 31.Jul.2016, 11:41 AM) *
Sweden as in the state . Not Swedish as in the people.. Its in plain English.

and it's very clear that this site presents very little news about what is actually going on in the state of Sweden
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 31.Jul.2016, 02:11 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Savage @ 31.Jul.2016, 12:25 PM) *
It is also very clear that the local presents very little news on cats... So whats your point exactly? If you can't differentiate between state and subject, then maybe you ... (show full quote)

If the site's going to advertise itself as "Sweden's news in English" then the site should live up to that motto.

I don't give a flying fuck about where you think I should get my news from, and for the record, if I want to know what's going on in Sweden, I use the Swedish sites, certainly not this pathetic excuse of a "news" site.

The banner "Sweden's news in English" is a bait and switch tactic to sucker in people wanting to know about Sweden from a distance and new arrivals who want to know what's going on.

I think I found the site 10 or so years ago looking for Swedish news in English. It seems I never did find it or maybe it was better back then, but like the subject says "This site is a f**king joke! "
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2016, 04:29 PM
Post #38

This somewhat emotional thread will not change what TheLocal does...

Unless the bottom line changes things will remain as they are, so to those that are unhappy with it, you have a choice and we know what it is...Don't we???
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2016, 09:54 PM
Post #39

TheLocal is the news debate capitol of the internet...Or not!!! laugh.gif
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 1.Aug.2016, 06:07 AM
Post #40

Rgen change the banner to

"Sweden's propaganda bullshit in English"

The site's as genuine as the average Swedish blonde.
+
andy_fin
post 1.Aug.2016, 08:13 AM
Post #41

It's like shouting at the wind.
One last time.

Your users feel as though the quality of the articles is not up to the standard they hope for.
They feel that the ratio of Sweden's News In English and real news stories compared to click bait and 'paid for' pieces is too low.
I'd also add the design is outdated and the forums could use an update from phpbb2.0 but thats a small quibble. (The corporate site is actually pretty nice looking)

That is feedback that companies should be killing for and when you start telling people their opinion is wrong, well that's a good way to lose them.

I don't agree that you're the great defenders of Swedenism either.
Thunder, tornadoes and now fires? You must be joking?! - Scary weather in Sweden
Swede walks into McDonald's carrying a deceased badger - Erm don't know what to say about this but it's not portraying Sweden well.
Zlatan takes just 190 seconds to make mark - This is factually accurate.
Sweden to investigate citizens' sex lives - Scaremongering that the state is invading privacy

I've not read the articles, i couldn't honestly care less about any of them it just doesn't fit with your "defenders of Swedens image abroad" mantra or Sweden's global publicist role.

Anyway consider this a sign off i know you won't care but i'm not enjoying this community or site anymore.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 1.Aug.2016, 08:49 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (andy_fin @ 1.Aug.2016, 09:13 AM) *
I've not read the articles, i couldn't honestly care less about any of them it just doesn't fit with your "defenders of Swedens image abroad" mantra or S ... (show full quote)

I don't know why there is a need to feel they must defend Sweden's image abroad. Swedes have been the masters of pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

Medical professionals around the world think that Sweden is the bee's knees when it comes to healthcare. Of course the reality is that whilst Sweden spends a lot of money on research and Swedes are great at the powerpoint presentation at medical conferences, the healthcare given to residents is completely fucked.

In business, a Swedish company will come to your company and give a gee wiz presentation, fantastic powerpoint slides and blow you away. Those with the real understanding of the way Swedes do business, know that if you start questioning them about the detail, they will be found begging.

Swedish women, great image of them abroad but try dating them and moving to Sweden with them, the truth is soon revealed.

Swedish men seem like any other man when they are away from Sweden. Get them to Sweden and the immediately show themselves to be mummies boys and boring.

Sweden's neutrality... LOL WW2 they like to bring out Wallenberg but hide their dealings with the Nazi's

Refugee migration... Swedes put on a show to impress the world about how caring it is for the less fortunate. They have tried to blindly stick to the policy so they can maintain the image to the world, whilst in every aspect sweden is showing strain of the burden.

and so on and so on
+
Cheeseroller
post 1.Aug.2016, 03:47 PM
Post #43

The site is a business it is not a charity that responds to readers who don't pay. Savage has made this clear - the site is run to generate income from adverts and obtain income from Swedish organisations who want "puff pieces" published.

Frankly I'm impressed that a Brit has found a way to encourage Swedish tax payers to pay them to publish their propaganda.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Aug.2016, 04:45 PM
Post #44

It seems that some think it a crime to make money while in business...
+
Svedallas
post 2.Aug.2016, 09:00 AM
Post #45

QUOTE (Renfeh Hguh @ 31.Jul.2016, 03:11 PM) *
If the site's going to advertise itself as "Sweden's news in English" then the site should live up to that motto.I don't give a flying fuck about where y ... (show full quote)

Could not agree more. What makes it worse is when other international papers quote The Local.
If someone is smart enough they will see this as an opportunity to have a REAL English/Swedish paper with REAL news.

I cringe every time I see the "news" nothing related to what is going on or reported by Swedish papers.
Shameful.
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: