The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Withdrawing of job appointment

contact of employment

Rating 5 V

*Guest*
post 8.May.2020, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I signed contact of employment with Swedish company on Jan 2020 and i was suppose to join on April 2020, due to covid situation employer postponed my joining to may 2020 and now he was telling due to less project he need to extend to Sep2020 and that date also not conformed.

Presently my condition is.

Based on this offer I resigned my permanent job and the present situation is very bad in market so I am not getting new job
So I request some on to help how employment regulations work in Sweden and can I get some composition or basic financial help form company till joining

please help me in this
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 11.May.2020, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Looks like you really got caught in bad luck. Have you already got your work permit and when was it issued?

There is a rule that you have to join work within a month once your work permit is issued, else it can be a problem for you later when trying to renew the visa.

In Sweden, since you have not actually joined work, you dont have any legal status or compensation possibilities - you are pretty much at the mercy of your employer.

Have you written to your new employer about the financial soup you are in? Maybe they can help.

Or ask the old employer if they need your services for a few months more.
+
Anders
post 16.May.2020, 01:38 PM
Post #3

I don't think they can do that if you have a written contract. They could cancel the contract if they are short of work but then you should get a month's salary. But I'm afraid that you have accepted a postponement without compensation in this case.

https://lawline.se/answers/avbryta-anstalln...jad-anstallning
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: