The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic


post 14.May.2006, 07:50 AM
Post #1
Joined: 23.Apr.2006


Is it possible to study irish,bristish and european history in Swedish universities

particularly stockholm?

I am moving there and wondering if i can .
Also as Eu citizen do i have to pay fees in Swedish universites.

Any help be appreciated

liverpool fa cup nice

Go to the top of the page
post 14.May.2006, 11:39 AM
Post #2
Location: Dalarna
Joined: 5.Apr.2006

I think it is worth contacting Universities individually via their webbsites to find out what specific courses they offer. Most Universities seem to offer blocks of 20 weeks that combine Swedish/European history - my experience is that the courses for each term depend on staff availability. most teaching is in Swedish so you would need to meet a Swedish language requirment (Svenska B - a Swedish A level model

Many Universities may run some part time courses in English if there is a course planned for exchange students you you might be accepted onto these on an ad-hoc basis without the Swedish langauge certificate - although you are unlikey to be accepted onto a full degree programme without the core subjects of Swedish Maths and English - however the latter 2 can be awarded if you have passes of grade C or above from GCSE exams or similar.

It you are moving to Sweden and have a Swedish registration number then you will not have to pay fees - and after a qualifying period - of 1-2 years you would be eligible for student grants/loans on the same basis as a Swede.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: