The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Working in Sweden and pregnant

Maternity leave

*Guest*
post 6.Feb.2020, 05:10 PM
Post #1

I might get a real job and a visa to work in Sweden I lived there for 6 years and now just when I came back to my country I have found out that I'm pregnant. I am trying to get a job with the same company but a different location so basically I have done the provanst?llning however my due date will be maybe a few weeks after I suppose to start working so I don't know what to do. I'm totally capable to do the work but I will have to be absent for at least 6 weeks. Any advice?
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 6.Feb.2020, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Your employer will be legally obliged to give you 180 with days leave, to be taken when you want up until the child is 8.
+
john.boy
post 6.Feb.2020, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Check if the company has a collective agreement, it isn't guaranteed that they don't try and have you on provanst?llning again. The law doesn't strictly forbid it, there are scenarios where it is acceptable. Check any collective agreement to see if there is any special requirements there with regards provanst?llning.

The reason I mention that is that it is very hard to prove that they end the trial period just because you are pregnant.

If no provanst?llning, then normal employment law applies and you are entitled to maternity leave, without repercussion.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: