The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

Rafael8
post 12.Feb.2017, 09:36 PM
Post #226

Dear liza,
The whole process is 3 step process. I thought everybody was aware of that but pretty much seems like not a lot of you have gone through how they have asked you to follow your application and it usually ends in panic. Yes! UAS! they do qualify but they don't mention it until it is the university who put one qualified though they un-qualify you and it could be any reason (lacking of basic documents, their proof, lack of genuine entry req. etc) which for any betterment they mention it beforehand(before selection) so you can upload the mssing as soon as possible. The methods of evaluation of UAS and universities are different just as each of university has different appraisal formula. I hope you get the qualified status as soon as possible smile.gif Best wishes smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
katecramey
post 13.Feb.2017, 08:17 AM
Post #227

Alright all, this is my first time posting and I have a puzzler for you.

I applied to three masters programs as a non-EU/EA student from the United States:
1. Master Program in Early Modern Studies-Uppsala
2. Master Program in Global Environmental History-Uppsala
3. Master Program in Holocaust and Genocide Studies-Uppsala

While my program selections, application fee, and most documentation were completed on time, a hold up in my former University from which my transcripts were coming ultimately resulted in them arriving on 2/2 dry.gif
So, you would assume that my application would no longer say "In Process", but it did. I also recieved a messaged requesting that I mail (because you must if you are from the U.S.) my transcripts A.S.A.P. That same day, the status of my applications all changed to "UNQUALIFIED", yet my applucation continues to say that it is "In Process".

I checked the documents tab to see whether my stinking transcipts had been registered because their delay was the cause for this small start to a dumpster fire of a situation lol There was no section for documents recieved by post. At this point, since I had already experienced my prior university make the mistake of mailing my transcript to the wrong location, I was concerned that they never arrived so I contacted UA.se about it and was told to send any shipping/tracking/delivery information I had for my transcripts via email to make sure that the transcripts did arrive and had been identified to my application. By end of business, my documents delivered by post section had appeared on my account with the date 2/2. So, at this point, I'm assuming my application will no longer be in process as it is now late. Yet, it remains "In Process", my status "UNQUALIFIED", and I'm just over here clueless.

Is my application late? Do I need to reapply? When will my application cease to say "In Process" and my programs be deleted so I know what to do next? Is it possible that they are allowing me to remain in the first round of notifications group, possibly because Uppsala accepts late applications until 2/16?

I've done my own bit of research and what I've come up with is this:
-if any one thing is late, the entire application is late (I still don't know when you will be notified that your application is late)
-There is a possibility that the university you applied to will still consider your application after the deadline depending on course popularity, qualifications of the applicant, and policy of the university in question (this means that although your application was "late", they will not process it as late-awful nice of them lol)
-UA register late documents after Notification of Selection Results/admission results are published (for on time applicants, it can still take some time to scan and enter documents into their admission system...it can take 2-3 weeks after sending your documents for them to be registered)
-Okay, does registered mean scanned or that they have been looked over? According to UA.se, you will see when documents have been registered when they appear in the "documents" section of your account under "documents recieved by post"

I know I'm reading way too deeply into this but, based on this information, I'm going to go ahead and make some deductions lol
So, if your application is late, then your documents will not be registered/appear on your account until the first round of notification of selection results is complete. Right? So, if my documents appear on my account, despite their "late" status, does that mean that my application is not late? I'm staying up late tonight to make a call over and clear things up just so I know that they have what they need from me and where to go from here if my application is in fact late. Hålla Tårna, allihoppa!
+
a1b2i3
post 13.Feb.2017, 09:38 AM
Post #228

Just received this, not sure whether good or bad.

Studieavgiftsskyldiga (AVG)
Your merit rating in this selection group is: 600 of a maximum 999
+
Rafael8
post 13.Feb.2017, 10:03 AM
Post #229

QUOTE (katecramey @ 13.Feb.2017, 09:17 AM) *
Alright all, this is my first time posting and I have a puzzler for you.I applied to three masters programs as a non-EU/EA student from the United States:1. Master Program in ... (show full quote)

Well, your application still says " being in process" for following reasons (first two-highly cased):
1- Among the programs/courses you applied to, your first choice is open for late application than the rest.
2- If the problem is the system, not you then they haven't put you as a late applicant (they will process you as "on time" but its the university whose going go take the "late" decision after completing the whole evaluation of your application).
3- They have considered you late but didn't mention it(unless you get any message).Since, UAS is more active in first three weeks of february, if your application is still being in process that means its not about your application, its the UAS running the general evaluation (evaluation period before selection).mostly the status gets changed without being notified (check the upper left corner of your application or any text message you received).
+
itsmegeorge
post 13.Feb.2017, 02:19 PM
Post #230

Another week of relentless refresh of the UA page begins. Lol
+
Rafael8
post 13.Feb.2017, 02:45 PM
Post #231

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 13.Feb.2017, 02:19 PM) *

LOl !
The day you stop refreshing the page tongue.gif the day may be you can come up with something tongue.gif
+
Gvantsa
post 13.Feb.2017, 03:31 PM
Post #232

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 13.Feb.2017, 05:19 PM) *

Same here!! I am just like addicted to check my profile in every 10 minutes biggrin.gif LoL
+
Aal22
post 13.Feb.2017, 04:28 PM
Post #233

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 13.Feb.2017, 04:19 PM) *

Hahah oh yeah! I used to give myself a break and limit my refreshing on the weekend to 2-3 times. I got a status change last Saturday and now the relentless refreshing continues through the weekends. Lol.
+
katecramey
post 13.Feb.2017, 08:47 PM
Post #234

QUOTE (Rafael8 @ 13.Feb.2017, 01:03 AM) *
Well, your application still says " being in process" for following reasons (first two-highly cased): 1- Among the programs/courses you applied to, your first choice ... (show full quote)

I know that Uppsala accepts late applications (all three of mine are still open for late application) until Feb 28th, but I'm not sure how the process is going now. My application is, according to UA answers to FAQ, late which means that I would have to wait until after March 24th to get an email telling me how to apply late. But then why would Uppsala continue to take late applications until the end of this month if I cannot apply late until the first round of notifications have gone out?
+
Netsec
post 14.Feb.2017, 12:09 AM
Post #235

Late applications are until the end of February?And in case I upload an additional degree I will be considered late, right?
+
Jamie_39
post 14.Feb.2017, 08:15 AM
Post #236

QUOTE (Netsec @ 14.Feb.2017, 12:09 AM) *
Late applications are until the end of February?And in case I upload an additional degree I will be considered late, right?

I think it depends on the course as to what date they close applications. In my case, I added a third choice to my application just before the 1st Feb (Hadn't seen it before - an oversight on my part) and although my documentation for my first and second choices were all in on time, and the third choice didn't require anything in addition to what was already uploaded, it was classified late - my first and second choices are still considered to be on time though!

If in any doubt, I'd contact the admissions office by chat to check, but I'd imagine anything you add now will be late, but if your other applications are already in progress it shouldn't have any effect on them.
+
Netsec
post 14.Feb.2017, 08:30 AM
Post #237

QUOTE (Jamie_39 @ 14.Feb.2017, 09:15 AM) *
I think it depends on the course as to what date they close applications. In my case, I added a third choice to my application just before the 1st Feb (Hadn't seen it befo ... (show full quote)

Thanks m8
+
donnicolito
post 14.Feb.2017, 07:12 PM
Post #238

Hej people!

I applied to:
Human Geography - Lund - In progress
Human Ecology - Lund - In Progress
Urban Studies - Malmö - Qualified.

Is everyone who applied to Lund still in progress?

Greetings
+
katecramey
post 14.Feb.2017, 07:12 PM
Post #239

Has anyone with a late application had their programs "deleted" yet?
+
Gvantsa
post 14.Feb.2017, 07:56 PM
Post #240

QUOTE (donnicolito @ 14.Feb.2017, 10:12 PM) *
Hej people!. I applied to:. Human Geography - Lund - In progress. Human Ecology - Lund - In Progress. Urban Studies - Malmö - Qualified.. Is everyone who applied to Lund still in progress?. Greetings

Yes, my app is still in progress
+

138 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: