The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

GDPR personal data removal in Sweden

It is possible!

alra
post 15.Jul.2019, 09:48 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 13.Jul.2019, 09:28 PM) *
Hey, knobhead... If you notice my username you'll notice I am a foreigner too! So I will say it again, as an Englishman, if you don't like the Swedish system f**k ... (show full quote)

This is just..well, ok. Everyone living here has the right to criticize the system, while most people just take it for granted and shout things as, if you dont like it, just leave!!
It's not a question about how someone should live there life, it's to create some awareness. There are numerous cases where things did go wrong with data more simple then 'just' a personal number or an address.
Times are changing, and it would be really stupid to deny this and maybe even more from people who are 'guests' inside another country. They should have seen how things did go in their home country or maybe even various country's. Experience is a real value. So try stop saying, 'if you don't like it, go somewhere else!!11!!!'

As I ask some of my Swedish colleagues, most of them think it's ok that their sensitive data is posted online for everyone to see. (luckily not all!) But sometimes things has to happen before people could see the problem.
In my case, I'll try to do my best to 'remove' as much data as is possible.
And I hope lot's of people are doing that.
Go to the top of the page
+
cootje1976
post 15.Jul.2019, 11:34 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (alra @ 15.Jul.2019, 08:48 AM) *
This is just..well, ok. Everyone living here has the right to criticize the system, while most people just take it for granted and shout things as, if you dont like it, just l ... (show full quote)

The following sites give you the option to get your data removed from their sites:
Eniro, Merinfo, Ratsit, are the top 3. All of them, except Enriro require you to send in a consentfor to have your data removed off their site, some are simpeler and others are not. Mr. Koll is a different in that they do not want people to be able to remove themselves. But that is a different story of course.

With all these online databases, the one thing you have to remember is that if you get a new number, make sure you always make sure to state that you do not want to be searchable in online registers, since that triggers an update again. Just make sure any number that you get is hidden, or the better way to put it is that your phone number does not get published.

Hopefully it will change in the future, about a little then a year ago for instance Merinfo did not want your infor to be removed, now you log in with your bankid and get your stuff off their site. So things are changing indeed regarding the data that is directly visible online in these databases; before it was a lot more difficult to get the data removed, or better made invisible.
That is why it is important to make sure that you always list your phone number as hidden.

Yes you can btw just call Skatteverket and try to get finantial info about someone, but you need a valid reason first, and (just tested it with my neighbour), when you call, you need to give your PN or company number, and the party that you are enquiering on, can obtain the name and number of the people that have been enquiering about your data, even down to their address. Again only when you call in with your PN and bankid. At least that is not anonymous ;-)
+
alra
post 15.Jul.2019, 12:41 PM
Post #18

Thanks for the extra info! If I got some more info of removing Data from mrkoll, I'll put it here also.
+
cootje1976
post 15.Jul.2019, 01:01 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (alra @ 15.Jul.2019, 12:41 PM) *
Thanks for the extra info! If I got some more info of removing Data from mrkoll, I'll put it here also.

It will be appreciated if you find a way for removing data from MrKoll; it will be hard I think but maybe we all get lucky;-)
+
TheExpatEagle
post 15.Jul.2019, 07:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (alra @ 15.Jul.2019, 10:48 AM) *
This is just..well, ok. Everyone living here has the right to criticize the system, while most people just take it for granted and shout things as, if you dont like it, just l ... (show full quote)

My reply was specific to that user, the way they replied and the assumptions made.
+
john.boy
post 17.Jul.2019, 05:54 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 11.Jul.2019, 09:36 PM) *
That said, if you think the EU will do anything to change the system here I'll just say that Systembolaget is illegal under the EU Monopoly Law and Sweden has been instruc ... (show full quote)

This is incorrect.
System Bolaget was allowed to continue as a monopoly when Sweden joined the EU, on the grounds that it's purpose was to protect public health, under the condition that it complies with EU Law.

It's operation is investigated and a report produced for the EU every 2 years, not since joining the EU has there been found any evidence of it not being compliant.

Sweden has not been instructed/ordered/told to deregulate it.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: