The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Gynecologist or midwife?

Under 25 female needing annual exam

Ethel12
post 5.Sep.2017, 08:44 AM
Post #1

I am brand new from the USA (I've been in Landskrona for five weeks) and I need to make an appointment for a physical pelvic examination (I think I may have an STD and also need a PAP smear done). I also need to begin a new birth control method, which I understand I do not need to see a gynecologist for. However, for the exam, where should I make an appointment? Also, I know that I've been assigned to a hospital in my region based on my location, but I'm unsure how to make an appointment. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 5.Sep.2017, 09:14 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Ethel12 @ 5.Sep.2017, 09:44 AM) *
I am brand new from the USA (I've been in Landskrona for five weeks) and I need to make an appointment for a physical pelvic examination (I think I may have an STD and als ... (show full quote)

5 weeks in Sweden and already have a STD??
+
Tenacious185
post 5.Sep.2017, 10:41 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 5.Sep.2017, 10:14 AM) *
5 weeks in Sweden and already have a STD??

I hear it can happen in one night! biggrin.gif

But I am not sure she needed to disclose that, even if this is an anonymous forum. Maybe just asking whom to see for routine care and testing would have been sufficient. wink.gif

But to the OP, you can pay out of pocket for a private doctor and be seen sooner, or contact your local clinic and ask what they recommend. A midwife will only be involved if you are actually pregnant, otherwise, a gynecologist would be who you would see for the concerns you suggested. Good luck, and hopefully it's nothing too serious.
+
Twiceshy
post 5.Sep.2017, 11:29 AM
Post #4

Capio City clinic in Landskrona
https://capio.se/narsjukvard/skane/landskro.../konssjukdomar/

Drop in Tuesdays 14.30 to 16.30 (run!)

Click "Hitta hit" at the top for the address.

You will be seen by a midwife.

Probably not free for you, but should be at an acceptable cost. Although, if you have a travel insurance, you might be covered.
+
Tenacious185
post 5.Sep.2017, 11:52 AM
Post #5

Midwives regularly perform routine gynecology unrelated to pregnancy here? I had no idea! Apologies for the mistaken information.
+
Svedallas
post 5.Sep.2017, 12:28 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Tenacious185 @ 5.Sep.2017, 11:41 AM) *
I hear it can happen in one night! But I am not sure she needed to disclose that, even if this is an anonymous forum. Maybe just asking whom to see for routine care and ... (show full quote)

One does question the OP intent in Sweden. 5 weeks?!
Bizarre and reckless, it what is sounds like, but this is a forum. So it comes with the weird territory.
+
ChocOwl
post 5.Sep.2017, 12:31 PM
Post #7

You will get a summons to do a pap smear if you are over 23 and registered as living in Sweden. Not sure if that means you need a personnummer etc.
Pap smears are often done by midwives, as is much else of a gyn nature that would be done by a doctor in other countries.
https://www.1177.se/Stockholm/Other-languag...ellprovtagning/
+
Twiceshy
post 5.Sep.2017, 12:56 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 5.Sep.2017, 01:28 PM) *
One does question the OP intent in Sweden. 5 weeks?! . Bizarre and reckless, it what is sounds like

What is bizarre and reckless? Having sex in a foreign country if you have been here less than 6 weeks, or is it the VD testing abroad you are referring to?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 5.Sep.2017, 01:12 PM
Post #9

Amazing, what people reveal on the net...It's not something we needed to know, but there it is...
+
Svedallas
post 5.Sep.2017, 01:48 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 5.Sep.2017, 02:12 PM) *
Amazing, what people reveal on the net...It's not something we needed to know, but there it is...

TL new low... laugh.gif
Yesterday drugs, today STD.

What is next?
+
Twiceshy
post 5.Sep.2017, 01:57 PM
Post #11

Hey OP.

Never mind the whingers here. They are the "usual suspects" of this board. I believe their entire existence here is some kind of art project. Or possibly a bunch of punters in protected living, that gets simultaneous access to the computer hall.

FYI "you lot", the OP has not divulged anything personal. She is an anonymous entity. The Internet is full of 'em. There's nothing to see here. Move along.
+
Kalyissa
post 26.Oct.2017, 07:34 PM
Post #12

OP go to a barnmoska they will give services.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: