The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How do I find Kitchen Porter jobs in Sweden?

I moved from UK to Stockholm.

overland_metalhead
post 17.Jul.2018, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum and new to Sweden. I first came to Stockholm in December 2016 on a 3 day jaunt on my travels from Vladivostok to London. I fell in love with Sweden, but I was sad I had to go back to England and live there.

I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Birmingham, London holding multiple citizenships.

After 18 months in the UK and 12 months living in London (IN YOUTH HOSTELS). I secured a 1-month lease in a room in Stockholm. So I have been living in Stockholm this month, but I'll return to London in August.

I was just wondering, how do you find jobs in hospitality ONLINE that arn't getting advertised?

My situation is this. I have worked in Hospitality for over 10 years. I have been a Kitchen Porter, an unqualified cook, a waiter, a bartender, a barback, a food and beverage attendant.

In my last 12 months, I have been working in London as a KITCHEN PORTER/ KITCHEN HAND/ DISHWASHER. This is something I have done for most of my career. Apart from washing dishes, I'm responsible for food preparations, blanching 25kg of chips a day, crafting burgers, maintaining garbage collections.

My problem is when I translate KITCHEN PORTER/ DISHWASHER/ KITCHEN HAND from English to Swedish. I never find anything on google that is related to my line of work.

I just kinda think my types of job are not even ADVERTISED online, even if it was in English. So I guess I would have to knock on doors and speak to chefs.

I am learning Swedish on DuoLingo. But the truth is unless I was to gain a dishwashing job in Stockholm, I would have to go back to London for some time as I wouldn't be able to get a PERSONAL NUMBER without a job contract.

I have had interviews via Skype for a job up in the very north of Sweden, but they never got back to me as I guess there was too much of a time difference between Stockholm and Sydney where one of my References lives.

I will return to Sweden in the near future, once I have saved up a decent amount of money from my London job.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 17.Jul.2018, 10:38 AM
Post #2

23 vacancies for köksbiträde in Stockholm today:

https://www.arbetsformedlingen.se/For-arbet...bb/Platsbanken/
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: