The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Missing French exchange student found dead

The Local
post 24.Jan.2013, 09:30 AM
Post #1

The 23-year-old French student who had been missing for two weeks in southern Sweden was found dead on Wednesday night, with police stating that they no longer suspected any foul play.

The student, Samuel Babin, was found dead in a wooded area in Karlskrona just after 8pm on Wednesday.

"Samuel Babin was found dead yesterday night by the Blekinge Police dog patrols," the police wrote in a statement.

"There is no longer any suspicion of any criminal activity."

Babin was last seen on January 11th at the Blekinge Institute of Technology and his mysterious disappearance led officers to suspect he was kidnapped.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
ZenMonk
post 24.Jan.2013, 11:10 AM
Post #2

He has been found dead and as s result, no further suspicion of criminal activity or foul play from the police. Is that it? So no inquiries into cause of death to determine whether a homicide investigation is necessary or not? I would normally expect this to be the logical next step, following such a finding. Ha! Swedish criminal justice system!
+
Crazy.Lee
post 24.Jan.2013, 11:42 AM
Post #3

I'm with you on that one.
+
David O Donnor
post 24.Jan.2013, 12:06 PM
Post #4

Ehhh think its pretty clear what happened? They just dont want to mention it directly in respect to the guy and his family.
+
klubbnika
post 24.Jan.2013, 01:16 PM
Post #5

No, it's not clear at all.
+
just a question
post 24.Jan.2013, 01:48 PM
Post #6

To me it's not clear. They should say why is it that they don't suspect anything. Two students are found dead in less that one year, shouldn't this be a reason to investigate?
+
Rishonim
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:10 PM
Post #7

OMG, What a heart breaking story. I can't imagine the anguish he went through. Karlskrona is a strange place with heaps of strange people. It is a place where 1. you either love it and you accept your faith that forever you will be doomed, 2. You hate it and live there in solitude then your kill yourself, 3. They strange people will plan for months how to bump you off. (Indian student last year and now this poor French student) I had two friend who has died there quite tragically in the past four years. Jack C. Louis who invented the Unicornscan died in a rather "suspicious fire" and another friend I cannot name as the investigation is ongoing.
+
GLO
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:24 PM
Post #8

What the H$ll where is the rest of story !!!
+
RobinHood
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:25 PM
Post #9

Er, do any of the posters above have access to the investigation of poor Mr Babin's death?
If they have evidence the police may have overlooked or misinterpreted, then it's very important that they inform the police at once.
If, like the rest of us, they know absolutely nothing about how Mr Babin met his death then, for the sake of his friends and family, they should resist from ill-informed speculation and gossip.
+
StockholmSam
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:31 PM
Post #10

You people are real m0r0ns if you think the police are not investigating this further, especially you ZenMonk. You should become a monk because you obviously are not cut out for life in the real world. Gimme a break. Of course the police are going to investigate the cause of this death and it will be reported further soon enough. I think you trolls are just looking for any opportunity to bash Sweden because everyone else around here does and it seems to be the cool thing to do. Get a life.
+
G Kin
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:49 PM
Post #11

Perhaps he went to take weed in the woods and passed out there alone. With freezing temperatures, death can only be at the corner.
+
Rishonim
post 24.Jan.2013, 02:58 PM
Post #12

We know how well trained the police are investigating anything above a speeding incident. Zero a la izquierda
+
jvtx3232
post 24.Jan.2013, 04:11 PM
Post #13

Comment removed by The Local for breach of our terms.
+
andrewsrocks
post 24.Jan.2013, 04:58 PM
Post #14

It is very clear that people in Sweden is very fond of foreigners in their country, but I dont really think their love has anything to do with this. It is just another victim of Swedish winter.
+
johan rebel
post 24.Jan.2013, 06:45 PM
Post #15

Does BTH actually have any native students?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: