The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Posten now not accepting EU driving licenses.

Posten making things difficult again.

chazza
post 1.Jun.2013, 12:38 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 1.Jun.2013, 11:16 AM) *
Massive inconvenience. What world do you live in?? As to Swedish stinginess, again - what world do you live in ??I get my ID accepted everywhere in Sweden, no worry, no fuss.M ... (show full quote)

Oh I am sorry...am I mistaken in thinking the OP was commenting on how difficult and inconvenient it is to pick up parcels without Swedish ID ?

And then was there not a further comment by the OP on how the needless cost of switching to a 'Swedish DL when his UK DL has 2 years left on it was preventing him from forking out for the swedish DL thereby solving his ID problems and indicating that he has a little bit of a stinge problem ?

Did I get that wrong did I ?
Go to the top of the page
+
StephenR
post 1.Jun.2013, 04:45 PM
Post #32

I've seen quite a few posts and threads about people ccomplaining about the problems they've encountered yet none for people with Swedish IDs. That would suggest there is inconvenience involved.
+
DaveN
post 10.Jul.2013, 12:46 PM
Post #33

Well I've just been to my local ICA to collect a parcel. The poster showing all the various Id's with barcodes is still up on the wall.

She scanned to barcode under utlandskörkort, spent the usual few minutes looking at my english licence, scratching her head and punching in numbers on the computer, and hey presto, it worked!
+
oddsock
post 17.Oct.2013, 10:25 AM
Post #34

I discovered this today.

I received an e-mail that I should pick up my package. This despite me putting my WORK ADDRESS as the delivery address, where I am present during all working hours and where packages of ALL SIZES are accepted by the reception. Apparently, Posten just couldn't be bothered.

So walked down to the Post in the rain. They are not accepting the EU driving license any more. Of course, I would have a Swedish driving license if it weren't for the extortionate 600 SEK "exchange fee" that Transportstyrelsen charges to exchange an EU license, on top of the 150 SEK that Swedes pay to have their license renewed.

They always obey the rules in Sweden. Except when it comes to hiring people based on merit and not Swedishness. Then rules can be bent so that Fika friends can be hired.
+
oddsock
post 22.Oct.2013, 10:54 PM
Post #35

Now I can't pick up the package with an EU passport either. The woman entered the passport number into the computer. She got an error. "I'm sorry, the computer is giving an error, so I can't give you the package. If you are living in Sweden then you should get a Swedish ID." Maybe she should get a brain.

The day the Swedish postal market is fully privatised is the day I rejoice.
+
DaveN
post 23.Oct.2013, 09:52 AM
Post #36

Well despite my previous post saying I had no problem, the wall poster with all the different (acceptable) ID's has disappeared from my local ICA.

However, by presenting my UK licence, and telling her I have a swedish PN, she manually entered the number, and it worked. I'm guessing they use the manual entry option of scanning a swedish id.
+
Rick Methven
post 23.Oct.2013, 01:52 PM
Post #37

I just went to pick up my new Swedish Drivers licence. The only ID acceptable to collect the licence was a Swedish licence, Swedish passport or Swedish ID card issued by Skatteverket. Luckily for me it was a renewal of my old licence which was expiring, When I got my first Swedish licence 10 years ago, I took my passport and my wife with her ID, who had to confirm that I was who I claimed to be. She even had to sign a paper to that effect.laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 23.Oct.2013, 02:32 PM
Post #38

When I went to Länstyrelsen to get my first Swedish driving licence in 1961, the man there needed the names of two Swedes who had known me for two years ! That, after I had only been here for six months. Poor man - slavishly following the directives given to him. He would not - or could not - give me my licence there and then, but it arrived by post a couple of weeks later. There have, of course, been several renewals since then, including the addition of the whole alphabet in 1978. When renewing years later I surrendered the bus and HGV usage since there was no further call for it, and when calling in over a delay in the issue without those extra 'letters', a woman at Länstyrelsen sneered that I had changed due to having lost those qualifications, hence the delay (typically through DUI). I was equally as pleasant in replying that "No. I had surrendered them due to no further requiring them." That took the wind out of her sails more than somewhat. But apologise - no way.

However - the Swedish DL as ID in Sweden does make life much easier.
There is no doubt that people complaining that their 'foreign' ID - although valid elsewhere - is unacceptable here, would find that acquiring either a Swedish DL or even a Bank ID would also make their lives that much easier. This is Sweden where Swedes go by their own rules, so you either go with it or complain, and believe me, going with it is much easier. Complaining as on the Local Forums will not get you that packet from Posten. cool.gif
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 23.Oct.2013, 07:49 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (oddsock @ 17.Oct.2013, 11:25 AM) *
I received an e-mail that I should pick up my package. This despite me putting my WORK ADDRESS as the delivery address, where I am present during all working hours and where p ... (show full quote)

Door-to-door delivery is only available if you explicitly pay for it.
+
Rick Methven
post 24.Oct.2013, 09:43 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 23.Oct.2013, 03:32 PM) *
When I went to Länstyrelsen to get my first Swedish driving licence in 1961, the man there needed the names of two Swedes who had known me for two years ! That, after I h ... (show full quote)

My new licence is only valid for 5 years because of the HGV and Bus licence that I have.I have not driven a bus other than a minibus since 1970 and not driven a HgV for 30 years and would be lost trying to drive a modern truck ( I was even baffeled by a modern tractor last year) I do not need or want these categories just a car with heavy trailor, but I was not given the choice on the form I got. Getting a new photo cost 240 kr plus 150kr for the licence, which I am going to have to fork out again in 5 years.
+
oddsock
post 24.Oct.2013, 10:53 AM
Post #41

There is no doubt that people complaining that their 'foreign' ID - although valid elsewhere - is unacceptable here, would find that acquiring either a Swedish DL or even a Bank ID would also make their lives that much easier. This is Sweden where Swedes go by their own rules, so you either go with it or complain, and believe me, going with it is much easier. Complaining as on the Local Forums will not get you that packet from Posten.

On the Posten website it says they take EU passports. Those are their own rules, which I hold them to.

Anyway, I eventually got the package another day when somebody with a brain was on shift.

I can work, pay tax, own a car, pay road tax, have a bank account with credit card, have a phone contract, pay rent, go to Vårdcentralen, all without Swedish ID. Not a single problem, except for collecting parcels at Posten. So maybe the problem is with them. Maybe they are the ones who need to "get with it".
+
AgeOfReason
post 24.Oct.2013, 11:04 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (oddsock @ 24.Oct.2013, 11:53 AM) *
On the Posten website it says they take EU passports. Those are their own rules, which I hold them to.

If the package was sent using the additional paid service that requires a Swedish id card to be presented, then the EU passport should not be accepted, otherwise they are breaching their own terms and conditions for the service.

In other cases where they just want some form of ID for collection, and it isn't the secure service, then EU passport will be accepted.

To claim the person had no brain is pure nonsense (and also highlights your attitude when dealing with them), especially since the evidence shows clearly that their motor-skills were functioning as they could take your passport and try and enter data into the system. A clear indication they had a brain that was functioning. wink.gif

If the person behind the counter had said "use your brain, integrate into Swedish society, get an id card", you would have called them racists no doubt, anything to find a reason to gripe! rolleyes.gif . When in Rome...
+
oddsock
post 24.Oct.2013, 11:07 AM
Post #43

It wasn't sent using the additoinal paid service, because it was sent from Germany. Like I said, I was able to pick up the package the next day when a reasonable human being was on shift. (BTW, the additional service, while not used in this case, is totally against EU regulation and just screaming out for somebody to take Posten to court).

Perhaps the first person I dealt with did have a brain, in a robotic kind of way. But not in a human way.
+
Hisingen
post 24.Oct.2013, 03:21 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (oddsock @ 24.Oct.2013, 09:53 AM) *
. . .I can work, pay tax, own a car, pay road tax, have a bank account with credit card, have a phone contract, pay rent, go to Vårdcentralen, all without Swedish ID.. . .

I don't know how long you have been here, but - if it is longer than 12 months, then you should have a Swedish driving licence, since you cannot live and be registered here beyond that period and continue to drive on a 'foreign' licence.
If that is your case, then you should have Swedish ID. Either that, or you are driving illegally.
Be interesting to read your answer, since you say you own a car and drive here.

www.korkortsportalen.se/upload/dokument/.../International/engelska.pdf‎
+
Peter Thomas
post 24.Oct.2013, 08:39 PM
Post #45

The pdf you point to quite clearly says if you are from an EEA Country then your licence is valid. If a country OTHER than an EEA country then you need to have a Swedish one after a year.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: