The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Six months in... does it get better?

Regretting moving here

contomlon
post 18.Oct.2017, 05:35 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 25.Apr.2017, 11:36 AM) *
Change is never easy - especially when you came here without being fully prepared and probably, if we are to be honest, glamorizing the situation. I say this because I have b ... (show full quote)

Mmm, OP, one has to believe you are having it easy...think about those millions who would be happy in your predicament,who are living in Zim,DRC, Somalia or even Bulgaria or Romania!!

*just a thought*
Go to the top of the page
+
contomlon
post 18.Oct.2017, 05:37 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 25.Apr.2017, 12:36 PM) *
Change is never easy - especially when you came here without being fully prepared and probably, if we are to be honest, glamorizing the situation. I say this because I have b ... (show full quote)

Where do you come from.
Why did you come to Sweden.
What is your nature of work.
How long have you been working in Sweden.
What is stopping you from returning home.
+
Svedallas
post 22.Nov.2017, 01:05 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (choiminzi @ 18.Oct.2017, 09:59 AM) *
I don't like my job, my home or my neighborhood. And no matter what I do, I'm stuck here for the time being. And I see no other place to go. So these "victories&q ... (show full quote)

If you do not have a good social life or at least a lot of supportive friends and family. Sweden is hard, and with the cold dark winters, it does not get easier unfortunately...

A good job and salary does not compensate for the needed moral support.

I recommend that you either work on your building a vibrant social life, or move to a different city perhaps.
+
intrepidfox
post 22.Nov.2017, 01:33 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 22.Nov.2017, 01:05 PM) *
If you do not have a good social life or at least a lot of supportive friends and family. Sweden is hard, and with the cold dark winters, it does not get easier unfortunately. ... (show full quote)

It depends on the person. I lived here for years going to work and coming home to an empty flat. It didn´t worry me at all. I like solitude. i can´t stand having the phone ringing all the time or people knocking on the door for a chat. As i said everybody is different
+
GamlaSkogHisingHope
post 27.Mar.2019, 08:50 AM
Post #50

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 22.Nov.2017, 01:33 PM) *
It depends on the person. I lived here for years going to work and coming home to an empty flat. It didn´t worry me at all. I like solitude. i can´t stand having the phone r ... (show full quote)

Exactly, it depends on your outlook. The cold dark winters never bothered me; sure it's colder than England, but that is to be expected.
+
Bsmith
post 27.Mar.2019, 12:04 PM
Post #51

And now, it's Spring which is very beautiful in Sweden.
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: