The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Same day Residence Card and Personnummer

Is it possible to apply for PN without RC?

ToSheila
post 29.Jul.2017, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Hey forum fellows,

Coming to Sweden in August, and trying to optimize steps in order to get equipped with all 'things that matter' -- Personnummer and after that ID Card.

My question is if it's possible to apply, on same day, for Residence Card at MIV, and then to go to Skatteverket, and apply for Personnummer.

I've read some stories that you would not need Residence Card when applying for Personnummer, and then again there were stories about that it is needed.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
hjoian
post 10.Aug.2017, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Latest we was told in Skattsverket is that they need to see a resident permit valid for at least one year before they will even think about it. You might also need private health insurance...good luck with that. I argued about the rejections and it has been sent to court...
+
mirnass
post 10.Oct.2018, 10:16 AM
Post #3

Any updates on this?

From what's on the SK site it seems they only need the "residence permit", not the actual card...but I would trust anecdotes more in this case.

Also how long did it take for your personnummer to arrive?
+
SmokerT69
post 10.Oct.2018, 07:47 PM
Post #4

I'm an EU citizen married to a Swed with Swedish children and they are even making me get a residence permit. I've been waiting close to 2 years now. In the meantime, you can get a coordination number, it will allow you to work and pay taxes without any of the benifits. Good luck.
+
mirnass
post 11.Oct.2018, 03:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 10.Oct.2018, 07:47 PM) *
I'm an EU citizen married to a Swed with Swedish children and they are even making me get a residence permit. I've been waiting close to 2 years now. In the meantime, ... (show full quote)

Hi SmokerT, I've actually been following your saga for quite some time. You situation is really unfortunate and I hope it gets resolved soon. Also, kudos on your great attitude!

I'm hoping the complications in your case have to do with Brexit (as you mentioned elsewhere) and that you're basically a mix of moving to Sweden because of family ties, and moving to Sweden as due to your rights as an EU citizen, and that has confused the folk at Skatteverket and MV

I figured OP's situation was similar to mine where its slightly more straight-forward: work/residence permit.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: