The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

The misery of trying to find apartment in sweden

But everybody seems happy.

wallace1837
post 27.Jul.2018, 07:54 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 12:00 AM) *
Show me the proof that the government of Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country in the world.

https://sweden.se/
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 27.Jul.2018, 08:09 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 27.Jul.2018, 06:31 PM) *
In Spain I never saw what I see in sweden in regards to housing. NEVER.

Spain was the other extreme allowing even foreigners to buy multiple properties with loans, hence you had that massive real estate crash a few years ago.

Sweden is too conservative, hence such a massive crash is unlikely due to the state throttling the real estate market.

But this also causes prices for both purchases and rentals to rise artificially, creating a bubble...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 27.Jul.2018, 08:09 PM
Post #63

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 27.Jul.2018, 08:54 PM) *

Did you find anything about the second hand rentals and the queues on that website?. ;-)
+
iamaho
post 27.Jul.2018, 08:23 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 27.Jul.2018, 08:54 PM) *

Where exactly in that website does the Swedish government claim that "WE ARE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!"??

It is an information page, highlighting the positive aspect of Sweden. What other government does not have that?

https://www.deutschland.de/en
https://www.iceland.is
https://www.taiwan.gov.tw
https://www.newzealand.com
https://www.australia.gov.au

But it's interesting that Sweden.se does have a page saying that housing is competitive and difficult to find housing:

1. Find a home
Get started on finding a home as soon as possible, especially if you’ll be living in a big city like Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö. The housing market can be quite competitive, making it relatively difficult to find housing.

https://sweden.se/society/10-steps-for-plan...move-to-sweden/
+
wallace1837
post 27.Jul.2018, 09:03 PM
Post #65

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 09:23 PM) *
Where exactly in that website does the Swedish government claim that "WE ARE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!"??It is an information page, highlighting the po ... (show full quote)

"Competitive" and "relatively difficult" are simply dishonest understatements.

Competitive is when there is a competition, not a queue!
+
iamaho
post 27.Jul.2018, 09:31 PM
Post #66

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 27.Jul.2018, 10:03 PM) *
"Competitive" and "relatively difficult" are simply dishonest understatements.. Competitive is when there is a competition, not a queue!

You still have not given me proof that Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country in the world.

Show me the TV advertising, the webpage that explicitly claims that.

Can't find it? I am not surprised, because it's all in your head. People have a fantasy of Sweden, and they come here expecting that fantasy world to be true. Then comes the harsh reality.

This discussion is going around in circles. Get over it. Move on and move home!
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 27.Jul.2018, 10:09 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (iamaho @ 27.Jul.2018, 10:31 PM) *
You still have not given me proof that Sweden actively advertises that it is the best country in the world.Show me the TV advertising, the webpage that explicitly claims that. ... (show full quote)

That's the core of swedish society. Do things covertly whether to sell, "Sweden is the best" or spy on an guy who criticizes sweden, everything in sweden is done like that. Covertly and then when confronted face to face the only thing they have to do is look the other way and pretend nothing is happening. Which is very common in sweden.

I can notice that mentality of "sweden the best" on media and the core ideology of sweden. Even going out and swedish women act differently as if they were an upper class. Almost from the beginning when I first arrived.

But the thing is showing you proof will take too long. But people with good analytical and observation skills can see it.

But swedes are good at looking the other way when a story is not convenient. Just look at this forum and their attitude when confronted with social problems.
+
iamaho
post 27.Jul.2018, 10:24 PM
Post #68

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 27.Jul.2018, 11:09 PM) *
But the thing is showing you proof will take too long. But people with good analytical and observation skills can see it.

So you've got nothing. And it's all in your head.
Got it. Thanks for proving my point.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 27.Jul.2018, 10:46 PM
Post #69

Unhappy people post here...

It seems that they feel cheated and don't know how to get their money back...

Again...Swedes are also in "queue"...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 27.Jul.2018, 10:59 PM
Post #70

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 27.Jul.2018, 11:46 PM) *
Unhappy people post here.... It seems that they feel cheated and don't know how to get their money back.... Again...Swedes are also in "queue"...

Hola Gamla!,

Actually you made a good point there.

"I don't know how to get my money back" hehehehe. Seriously spot on!.

I spent a lot of money in this country and paying a minimum of 30% tax for what?. To queue and having to do jugglery to find a new apartment?.

I cannot remember anything I got in return from the system. I have only paid taxes.

Sadly this man needs a job to pay a roof where to live and the food. You know, real world problems. ;-)

Me Sad?. Not actually, it's more frustration and disappointment unlike I have ever felt in very few moments in my life.

On the other hand...

Have you read my private messages?. Please reply, I got a strange feeling from your comment. The one you made and I am asking about it in my PM.

Don't be a gallina and reply back, please.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 27.Jul.2018, 11:43 PM
Post #71

Too late not interested anymore...
+
Bsmith
post 27.Jul.2018, 11:44 PM
Post #72

I, too, have always paid into the system and never collected any welfare or food assistance, or other government hand outs. However, my SFI class was free, we collected barnbidrag, drove on well maintained roads and were protected by the police and fire department, etc. I don't mind paying taxes if there is a return.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 28.Jul.2018, 12:34 AM
Post #73

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 28.Jul.2018, 12:44 AM) *
I, too, have always paid into the system and never collected any welfare or food assistance, or other government hand outs. However, my SFI class was free, we collected barnb ... (show full quote)

I understand your point but overall for the taxes we pay, we get not so much unless parental leave.

Roads, police, healthcare that's the basic package every country has.
The road system in sweden is not anything above average, police are quitting in mass because they are not paid decently and they openly admit they don't have the resources to tackle the recent spike in crime, swedish military is not even among the top ten and recently firefighters were unable to extinguish the forest fires and needed help from other countries.

So we have overall pretty much standard package. Not much specially if you don't have any kids.
+
Gjeebes
post 28.Jul.2018, 06:02 AM
Post #74

Why need it be the Meatballian government? How about instead, they pay someone else to spread the bullshit?

"Sweden is the best in the world at pretty much everything"

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/heres-ev...ole-lot-2017-6/

You REALLY think this story wasn't paid for by the Meatballs?

There are loads of bullshit propaganda stories, fake news, if you will, bought and paid for by the Greasy Meatball.
+
john.boy
post 28.Jul.2018, 09:35 AM
Post #75

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 28.Jul.2018, 01:34 AM) *
I understand your point but overall for the taxes we pay, we get not so much unless parental leave.

Your taxes do not pay parental leave.
+

17 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: