The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Ikea's Ingvar Kamprad

Passed away

Svedallas
post 2.Feb.2018, 10:15 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 1.Feb.2018, 10:18 PM) *
Oooooo doggie, Dallas. We goin to the rodeo on this one.Didievertypelikethis? Damn, that’s another Prince tribute.Yougotmegoinonsumthin.If yer gon call out all this correct ... (show full quote)

I give up. Didnt even bother to read.
Blinded. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 2.Feb.2018, 12:00 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 2.Feb.2018, 10:30 AM) *
Blinded by the light. Yea, this is stupid. I type and look at this from my phone so regardless of hitting “return” The format it appears in is whatever. You’re still a c ... (show full quote)

You have been on this community for 0.1 seconds.

Blocked!
+
intrepidfox
post 2.Feb.2018, 01:27 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 2.Feb.2018, 10:30 AM) *
Blinded by the light. Yea, this is stupid.

A brilliant song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI
+
Uncle Fred
post 2.Feb.2018, 04:31 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 2.Feb.2018, 12:00 PM) *
You have been on this community for 0.1 seconds.. Blocked!

Ummmmmm
+
Uncle Fred
post 2.Feb.2018, 04:32 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 2.Feb.2018, 12:00 PM) *
You have been on this community for 0.1 seconds.. Blocked!

Ummmmmm
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Feb.2018, 07:52 PM
Post #36

Ever notice how quickly new posters here fit in right away???

It's magical... laugh.gif

And heartwarming!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Feb.2018, 08:47 PM
Post #37

I love lullabies!!!
+
Svedallas
post 2.Feb.2018, 09:55 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 2.Feb.2018, 07:52 PM) *
Ever notice how quickly new posters here fit in right away???. It's magical... laugh.gif . And heartwarming!!! rolleyes.gif

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+
lysz
post 3.Feb.2018, 09:38 PM
Post #39

There was a question earlier in the thread about what the Swedes teach about their role in the war in history lessons. When I studied history at a Swedish University around 20 years ago we were taught that Sweden had an unofficial policy to assist the allies and slow down the Germans. For example they would speed up the repatriation of allied soldiers and slow down that of German ones. How much truth there is in this I have no idea but this is what they were teaching.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Feb.2018, 10:55 PM
Post #40

Glad to see a sympathetic/positive thought about Sweden's position during WWII...

There are far too many, unfair and derogatory statements published here and elsewhere...

I simply repeat what I have stated before...if Sweden had broken the rules of neutrality, the winners (Allies) of the war would have punished Sweden for aiding the Axis cause, and naturally if the Axis side won they would do the same...

Sweden was never punished or formally charged, by the winners or losers of that hellish war...

It's hard to keep your people safe, when you are surrounded by lunatic war mongers...
+
lysz
post 4.Feb.2018, 10:33 AM
Post #41

Actually it was 8 months at a Swedish University - the rest of my education was in England! By the way your English grammar could do with brushing up "your Swedish school taught you good"!?
The repatriation referred to was of those who ended up in Sweden during the war rather than afterwards i.e. the allies were able to return to the war faster. Let's face it, in times of war no country is squeaky clean and beyond reproach, and each country writes it's history in the way it wants to. Despite winning the war, British history books often contain less than accurate information as they try to gloss over some of their less heroic acts. And how often do you hear Americans mentioning the number of allied soldiers they accidentally killed? There were hundreds of them and they were on the same side!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Feb.2018, 01:46 PM
Post #42

War is Hell, said an American General, as he burned/looted/destroyed civilian property...

War is also "shady", and I am glad for it..."Shady" kept my family safe...

All the brave, squeaky clean countries have cemeteries filled with people who believed they were doing the "right" thing...

Now the enemies are all friends and those buried are mostly forgotten...

Europe loves war...Sweden used to!!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Feb.2018, 06:50 PM
Post #43

Pacem In Terris...
+
Cheeseroller
post 10.Jun.2018, 09:30 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 31.Jan.2018, 05:00 PM) *
Hey Fox!. What was Sweden to do??? She was under threat of invasion by the Brits too!!!

Could have done like the Danes, Norwegians and Finns and fought it. Gutless profiteers.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 10.Jun.2018, 12:19 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 10.Jun.2018, 10:30 AM) *
Could have done like the Danes, Norwegians and Finns and fought it. Gutless profiteers.

Finland was allied with the nazis. Denmark fought for the entirety of 2 hours. How much resistance do you think Norway could have put up if they hadn't been able to retreat to Sweden?
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: