The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Sweden So Obviously In Decline That Even Feckless

Swedes Can See The Cracks...

Gjeebes
post 28.Jun.2018, 05:13 AM
Post #1

You know its gotta be getting bad when the Swedes have run out of excuses to splain away the daily dysfunction.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...e-welfare-state

1) “Despite high taxes, politics isn’t delivering its part of the contract in important areas. We get poor value for money.”

2) "“If there’s no will to understand the problem, you won’t solve it..."

3) "“The problem with immigration is that our welfare state is not quite dimensioned for it. Of course we should help people, and we have a good situation here in Sweden, but we can’t handle an unlimited amount of people.”"

Lovin this last one. Statements such as this got you branded as a racist, bigoted hater, in 2015!

BUT REALLY? YOU MEAN SWEDEN "CAN'T" SOLVE THE UNIVERSE'S PROBLEMS?

Absolutely shocking! Who could have guessed?
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 28.Jun.2018, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Feckless, now there's a word you don't hear everyday. Any Samantha Bee fans around?
+
sterex
post 29.Jun.2018, 08:44 AM
Post #3

As somebody that is coming to Sweden for work in the coming months, I'm trying to understand the immigration situation there. I will be a contributing, tax-paying individual of the system, but I fear that because of the immigration stigma, I may also be looked at in the same light. Sigh. Hope things get better.
+
Am89
post 29.Jun.2018, 02:11 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (sterex @ 29.Jun.2018, 09:44 AM) *
As somebody that is coming to Sweden for work in the coming months, I'm trying to understand the immigration situation there. I will be a contributing, tax-paying individu ... (show full quote)

It is not about paying tax. I have friends who are refugees and have been working and paying taxes since they came here but still looked down because they look middle eastern or have non-swedish sounding names. They tend to generalize people here. Unless you are blonde with blue/green eyes even if you don't work you will be fine. Oh and if you have western name at least this is plus.
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jun.2018, 07:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Am89 @ 29.Jun.2018, 01:11 PM) *
It is not about paying tax. I have friends who are refugees and have been working and paying taxes since they came here but still looked down because they look middle eastern ... (show full quote)

The problem is that people with middle eastern names etc are the people causing all the problems especially after accepting 100,000 plus. Robbings, rapes, drug dealing, forced marriages, gangs and shootings. No wonder the Swedes are sceptical. And before you start calling me an idiot or racist, these are facts
+
john.boy
post 30.Jun.2018, 07:21 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Am89 @ 29.Jun.2018, 03:11 PM) *
bbecause they look middle eastern or have non-swedish sounding names.

Unless you are blonde with blue/green eyes even if you don't work you will be fine. Oh and if you have western name at least this is plus.

Pot and Kettle rolleyes.gif
They tend to generalize people here.
+
Cheeseroller
post 30.Jun.2018, 08:25 AM
Post #7

@intrepidfox - no, this stigma existed way before the recent mass immigration! I remember a post here, by a Swede between 8 to 10 years ago in which he made a list of the pecking order in Sweden. It went something like:

Multi-generation white Swedes
Swedish children of immigrants that went through the school system
White US / Europeans
Asians
Africans
Arabs

Given that it is 4x more difficult for children of immigrants to get work, everyone before this is fairly stuffed unless the have an in-demand skill.
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Jun.2018, 11:49 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 30.Jun.2018, 07:25 AM) *
@intrepidfox - no, this stigma existed way before the recent mass immigration! I remember a post here, by a Swede between 8 to 10 years ago in which he made a list of the ... (show full quote)

Sorry Cheeseroller but as i stated most problems in this country are not caused by Swede´s. This is a recent trend. Off course the natives are sceptical. Just look at the latest opinion polls where SD are the second largest party only 2% behind S. People are fed up
+
Cheeseroller
post 30.Jun.2018, 12:38 PM
Post #9

I don't disagree with the fact that most problems >>as a percentage of population << are caused by foreigners. But the Swedes attitude to foreigners did not appear recently - although I accept it hardened.

Blaming the immigrants for this is a distraction. Sweden, by the attitude of it's citizens has always made integration and advancement difficult. After all, they allowed migrants to be housed in ghettos rather than dispersed with the other population.

I recommend reading "Fly Fishing in Utopia" for one Brit's experience moving to Sweden 30 years ago.
+
Bsmith
post 30.Jun.2018, 11:22 PM
Post #10

I think the problem is twofold: 1. Swedish people's natural tribalism and 2. the "enrichments" that many foreigners have brought to Sweden such as crime, rape, dependence on welfare, etc.

Neither is particularly good.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Jun.2018, 11:53 PM
Post #11

Tribalism is a family necessity, the others are recreational events for those that should have stayed home...
+
robbie1985
post 1.Jul.2018, 09:16 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 29.Jun.2018, 08:22 PM) *
The problem is that people with middle eastern names etc are the people causing all the problems

"all" the problems? There was no crime in Sweden before immigration?

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 1.Jul.2018, 12:22 AM) *
2. the "enrichments" that many foreigners have brought to Sweden such as crime, rape, dependence on welfare, etc.

Yes, you're right, rape was brought to Sweden by immigrants. The Vikings were a friendly, seafaring people who spread joy and happiness around the land.

I'm not claiming immigration is without its problems, but you two are spouting some god-tier bollocks. I'm hoping there's a thick layer of sarcasm I missed
+
Bsmith
post 1.Jul.2018, 10:17 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (robbie1985 @ 1.Jul.2018, 09:16 AM) *
Yes, you're right, rape was brought to Sweden by immigrants. The Vikings were a friendly, seafaring people who spread joy and happiness around the land.I'm not claimin ... (show full quote)

The Viking age was several centuries ago. Let's talk about modern times where the rape numbers have gone up especially in the areas of high immigrant populations.
+
robbie1985
post 1.Jul.2018, 02:59 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 1.Jul.2018, 11:17 AM) *
The Viking age was several centuries ago. Let's talk about modern times where the rape numbers have gone up especially in the areas of high immigrant populations.

The same increases that coincide with the law changing to broaden the definition of sexual assault and rape, which could have no other impact than increase the numbers? Or a different increase?
+
enigmus
post 1.Jul.2018, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Yes, there are native Swedes who are sexual offenders. But if you look in the reality, the vast majority of rapes and other sexual offenses are done by non-western immigrants. Do not close eyes on this. Don't live in a rose world with hopes that non-western immigrants will become Swedes one day - they won't. Not because they can't. It is because they don't want.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: