The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »    Reply to this topic

Job discrimination based on heritage?

Hard time getting callbacks

Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2017, 01:01 PM
Post #91

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 12:40 AM) *
Ah yes, the classic cliche Anglo response. Always stated by Anglos when this topic comes up. Always vehemently denied by Indians. I suggest you post it on an Indian forum. The ... (show full quote)

The classic whiner approach. Oh woe is me because of (fill in the blank)... History is past and gone. Playing the blame game gets you nowhere. Move on.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2017, 01:08 PM
Post #92

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 11:47 AM) *
Oops, I just proved you wrong. Too fkn easy.

And if you feed them, the stay and crap a bit more. Here ya go seagull, another crumb.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2017, 01:19 PM
Post #93

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 01:40 AM) *
Ah yes, the classic cliche Anglo response. Always stated by Anglos when this topic comes up. Always vehemently denied by Indians. I suggest you post it on an Indian forum. The ... (show full quote)

Please reserve your hysteria for another pro India forum...

Listen closely now, I never said that things were wonderful under the "Raj"...

When the British left, they left the foundation for today's modern India...I think India has done well since independence...

They haven't yet used their atomic weapons on the unspeakable "untouchables", have they???
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 02:29 PM
Post #94

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 31.Jul.2017, 02:01 PM) *
The classic whiner approach. Oh woe is me because of (fill in the blank

It is not 4:20 yet. Or your reading comprehension simply might never be too good. That is not even close to what I have stated.
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 02:35 PM
Post #95

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 31.Jul.2017, 02:19 PM) *
When the British left, they left the foundation for today's modern India...I think India has done well since independence...

And I asked you, have you been there (and no, I am not talking about running around Panaji for 2 weeks trying to find a full English)? If not, you really should stay schtumm about the positive vs negative influence of the Raj.

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 31.Jul.2017, 02:19 PM) *
They haven't yet used their atomic weapons on the unspeakable "untouchables", have they???

And that is another irrelevant non sequitur and yet another shift of the goalposts. I really wish you simpleton chavs would keep your DNA over there in the land of piss and filth.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2017, 02:56 PM
Post #96

Where have you been all these years???

You are just what is needed now...another idiot to brighten our dull forum!!! laugh.gif
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2017, 03:27 PM
Post #97

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 01:29 PM) *
It is not 4:20 yet. Or your reading comprehension simply might never be too good. That is not even close to what I have stated.

You blame the Brits for India's problems. One of India's biggest challenges is its overpopulation. Hardly the fault of the British. Oh, those terrible colonialists, they have brought ruin upon India.

Were atrocities committed by the English? Sure, but is India's past completely clean? No country, no ethnicity is without fault. No living person has ancestors who have not suffered or have not caused others to suffer. I am sure that my Irish ancestors suffered under the thumb of the Brits, but for me, after all these years, to hold a grudge, is ridiculous. If anything, I should be grateful. The poor conditions of Ireland lead my ancestors to seek a better life in America. Their suffering has made it possible for me to have a comfortable life.
+
Gjeebes
post 31.Jul.2017, 05:59 PM
Post #98

So Twiceshy is going aggro on two Yanks (one of which has never even been to Sweden -GH-), on a Swedish forum, about the ills of British colonialism, in India?

How irrelevantly "non-sequitur" can you get?!

But kudos for the big words and flashy style, Twicey!
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2017, 10:29 PM
Post #99

Now Gjeebes, don't you want to come to his pity party? He's baked a cake and everything.
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 11:44 PM
Post #100

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 31.Jul.2017, 03:56 PM) *
You are just what is needed now...another idiot to brighten our dull forum!!! laugh.gif

Nice turn of words. I take it the first idiot is you.
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 11:49 PM
Post #101

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 31.Jul.2017, 04:27 PM) *
You blame the Brits for India's problems.

This all started 'cause I did not agree with some non-traveler about the Raj being instrumental in India's success.

One of India's biggest challenges is its overpopulation. Hardly the fault of the British.

Let me see. Overpopulation stems from poverty. A vital part in poverty is exploitation. India was pushed even further into poverty by the Raj due to their exploitation of her raw materials, but also their introduction of the Zamindar system. Now if you weren't a complete tool, you would know what this is already. So go Google it, genius.

Were atrocities committed by the English? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Cool story, you theorist. So have you been to India?
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 11:51 PM
Post #102

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 31.Jul.2017, 06:59 PM) *
How irrelevantly "non-sequitur" can you get?!

It is right on topic due to the pre-existing conversation here, so not non sequitur at all. As for the old fellas nationalities, I had no idea. They talk with Anglo arrogance (colonial atrocities performed without a following vae victis), but now that you say that they are yanks, their complete and utter ignorance makes perfect sense (not the sharpest tool in the shed, the average yank). Kudos for putting up your fists.
+
gsurya
post 1.Aug.2017, 04:20 AM
Post #103

I like what I started here. I never expected to find defenders of colonialism on a Swedish forum, given Sweden's own history rolleyes.gif

Yes, India has a lot of problems like overpopulation, racism, poverty etc and its entirely our responsibility now to deal with it & fix our shit.

But how does that absolve British of invading us at a time when we were one of the top countries globally in terms of GDP/trade & leaving us at the bottom? Guess the colonial apologists have no answer to that except whataboutism.
+
ChocOwl
post 1.Aug.2017, 05:48 PM
Post #104

QUOTE (gsurya @ 1.Aug.2017, 05:20 AM) *
I like what I started here. I never expected to find defenders of colonialism on a Swedish forum, given Sweden's own history rolleyes.gif

This is an expat discussion forum with mostly English-speaking participants. Not necessarily representative of the rest of Sweden...

What do you mean by "Sweden's own history"?
+
Bsmith
post 1.Aug.2017, 06:34 PM
Post #105

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 10:49 PM) *
Cool story, you theorist. So have you been to India?

Who would want to go there? Too crowded.
+

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: